China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

My best guess was that the One*Day_Bid account got somewhat abandoned when they were getting hit repeatedly with neutral and negative feedback from buyers complaining about shipping delays, either while they waited to get inventory, or waited for international couriers to move shipments to customers. Some sellers did a better job of cleaning up their storefronts and updating listings to account for delays, both in and out, but others seemingly found it easier to just hop from a primary account to a secondary.

Even accounts as big and trusted as Baba's have had weird dealings with Ebay in the past, though. In several instances, they had better luck creating a brand new account from scratch and selling items under a new name rather than wait for Ebay to get their ducks in a row. Then you had other sellers like djfungshing who finally pulled out (or at least shifted everything over to the toystrike account) after they seemingly got a little too comfortable jerking customers around because their higher feedback kept business moving smooth enough for long enough.

2. Sanity Bleeds

Uhhh... so, the 89% feedback score, or that 1/3 of all feedback they received in the last month was negative didn't seem like big enough red flags? The 1900 item listings despite less than 500 feedback score seems a bit sketchy too, especially with only 140 of them from within the last year. This seller looks like an absolute trainwreck on paper; even if you actually somehow get what you ordered and it's not destroyed, still wouldn't recommend buying from them again.

Also, the FT Smokey is an extremely out of place listing from them considering the myriad of other offerings, and that very few of them are toy related, and absolutely none of them are Transformers related, official or otherwise. Add in 34 alleged sales and only 1 feedback provided and it definitely seems fishy as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    If the item arrives safely, I would consider raising it. Did you ask for a tracking number? Did he respond?

4. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I guess the question is, did you originally request a tracking number? If you bought something, they forgot/missed to send the tracking number, you never asked, and the item arrived safely then it would be a bit harsh to give them a negative feedback. Who would you be more mad at, them forgetting to send the tracking or you forgetting to ask? We all make mistakes.

On the other hand if you bought something, you asked a week later for the missing tracking, they jerked you around, you asked again, they blew you off, and the item arrived anyway? Then I'd certainly ding them on communication. Overall negative? Maybe. Depends on how much that tracking number means to you.

I try to save the negatives for actual bad people, not an average seller having a bad day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Seems like it might have largely been a misunderstanding/language barrier issue with them not fully understanding you didn't have it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sanity Bleeds

Honestly curious at this point what turns up. Not to dash your hopes, but I'll be quite surprised if the actual item does show up, namely meaning they have some incredibly poor communication skills to work on.

7. SquishyOH

Okay, now you can go with the negative feedback. I'd ask for a refund from the seller, but doubt you'll get it. I'd be ready to contact PayPal for a refund. Last story like this the guy got his money plus PayPal said to keep the Dx9 toy. That doesn't actually get you Smokey, but you don't want to get dragged into shipping things back and waiting on a new package. That's how the sellers run out the clock on your refund window.

8. SquishyOH

Good for you. And it's the crooks at Citibank you need to really watch out for. Congratulations on getting a refund from an e-bay seller who pulled a switch on you.

Well, it's probably the post office that has lost 2 of my payments in the last 12 months. Nothing like late fees and interest after spending $400 on Transformers one month.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sanity Bleeds

Huh, definitely didn't consider highly similar release from different company with lower demand and price point substitution as a possible outcome, but then, I'm always sad when people get knockoff Legos from scammers and they aren't Kreons of the same character they ordered. On the plus side though, you can try selling the DX9 for a profit now, which will unfortunately probably go to paying off the cost increase of trying to get a legit Smokey.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sanity Bleeds

So, kinda unfavorable, but not necessarily bad experience with mr.brian2009 on eBay. Had ordered Hero Hobby Tiny Magnus and Tiny Rex from them, couple days later they give me the spiel that they don't have Tiny Rex in stock but are super insistent about sending Tiny Magnus right away. I insist if they can't send both to just cancel the whole order, so they opt to find a replacement, ffwd about a week and they've already shipped Tiny Magnus (using 4PX, despite me specifically choosing Epacket, who I'd previously never even heard of before) but are still giving me the runaround about Tiny Rex. Finally they just come out and say they have no idea when they'll be able to get a replacement because they've only setup a possible preorder from the manufacturer. They offer to refund me for Tiny Rex, and give me a $12 refund for Tiny Magnus if I won't give them negative feedback. I opted to just take this offer and not use them again in the future over the hassle of inventory mismanagement and the runaround.

On the plus side, I managed to order a Tiny Rex from RoboToyBase for $25 cheaper, with free shipping (through 4PX?) and no taxes, so bit of a win so long as they can deliver.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SquishyOH

I'd check your Robotoy Base order. Tony is having issues with his computer spitting out "All Regions" or "Zone 0" with $0.00 shipping. If you read your order confirmation it probably says he'll be contacting you about shipping.

See here for the conversation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sanity Bleeds

Honestly kind of expecting this. When I initially tried ordering, it wouldn't even let me complete my order because there was no shipping option, so I shot them an email for help and still haven't gotten a reply, but it later did give me a shipping option with no charge despite the estimate being about $30. I figured if they sent me a quote later at that same rate, it'd still end up being cheaper than my failed eBay order

14. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I used him for maybe the fourth time for an MP-30 KO which arrived today. Definitely good there and has been. He refunded a few dollars for an MP-29 KO which he sold as new but had been repackaged.

Does anybody know if "mrbrian2009" is One Day Bid? Feel like his name was Brian.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sanity Bleeds

As far as I know, those two, and yellowb_85 were all essentially the same group/account. Oddly, quite a few account groupings like that across numerous accounts.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I know that I once bought something from One Day Bid and they had me repay a refund through Yellowb_85, so they’re definitely linked. My assumption was always that they did it that way to a) set the market and b) spread out negative feedback.

He’s always been good in my book though ever since he opted to refund me for FT-29 before he finally showed up and I sent him the cash again.

17. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Better odds there since Ali doesn't pay the seller until you confirm your received order.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Yes...yes they are!

• Like Like x 1
  19. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever opened a Dispute on Aliexpress?

I got my parcel from a known seller here, good experience by many members, but he forgot to add one of my items in the box. Today I also received an email saying I only have 15 days to contact them if anything went wrong.

I communicated(if you can call it that...) with Aliexpress on the chat, and the rep. put through a dispute for the missing item. I messaged the seller as well asking what happened.

During the chat, the rep said not to close the dispute, and that the dispute team will sort everything out with the seller.

The seller got back to me, said he'd send me the item, but before he sends it with tracking, I had to close the dispute.

So how is it suppose to work normally?

I assumed he would have had to give the tracking info to their disputes team, so my order can stay open and the money wouldnt be cleared until it was fully complete? Not sure why he asked me to close it before sending me the rest of my items, as it should be my same order, not yet fulfilled. Can he just add the 2nd tracking info? I dont want to close my order before its finished.

Hard to get clear info from their reps, he kept on saying dont worry, telling me im nice, a genius and such... but couldnt tell me how much money I was owed either. When I asked for a specific amount he closed the chat.

I know my money isnt released until I approve it, but with all this mess, I dont know how the transaction is secured with a confirmed tracking number as arrived, but items not all here...plus the time limits coming into effect before my order is complete. Looks quite dodgy actually...if this seller and Ali didnt have a good reputation, I'd be more concerned than confused atm.

Any advice would be of great help,
    Cheers....
    MilanX3

20. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Milan,

Don’t cancel that dispute.

The seller has an opportunity during the dispute process to confirm what they have offered as a solution for the missed item of your original order. It’s a two way process where the seller can resolve through this now it has been raised. They can provide a second set of tracking details through this.

This should play out through the dispute process now. Did you approach the seller before raising as a dispute?

The seller is asking you to cancel the dispute in order for them to have monies released to them by AliExpress. They haven’t been paid at all. I’m not sure if this holds up other payments to them as well.

I would suggest you go back to AliExpress and confirm to them what the seller has said and see if they can get a second tracking reference for you before closing the dispute. I’d also want that outstanding item missed that a new order is created giving you the necessary protection on time.

• Like Like x 2