China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

mascotzone still seems legit. I think about every 10 pages we decide that mascotzone, wolvesbabies, and clevertiger16 are the same seller.

mascotzone said MP-44 KO would ship "this month" when I asked last week. I've been checking show.z and Terry TFS club and they both seem to be waiting on their stock as well. He did ship another Captain America shield that I ordered after taking about 7 days to drop it in the mail. So he still seems legit.
    wolvesbabies did ship my TE-03 Mirage/Phantom at the end of last week and show.z just got theirs "in-stock" on 10/23. I'm still waiting on wolvesbabies to ship my XTB "toon" Aegis. show.z store got Paean "in-stock" back on 10/13 and has only listed Aegis as "in-coming" on 10/23. So maybe that does line up pretty close and wolvesbabies is shipping things fairly timely.

2. Arthur Villaceran

Arthur Villaceran Member

I called eBay this morning and asked me to send him a message (I sent him one yesterday) they told me to wait 3 days for a response. I think I'll call them tomorrow to escalate. He has another new negative review today, for sending a piece of Lego instead of the item.

3. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

I've hit quite a few of the classic scammers right when they turned bad & ebay has never pushed things thru for me. It's always been wait until the shipping window has passed & give the seller x amount of days to respond. Even when the seller has been kicked off ebay itself. Dunno where you heard that rumor, but I call BS on it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SquishyOH

Yeah, that's a scammer. What e-Bay member are we talking about again? The original message has been replied to so many times I don't see the original seller's name on this page. Still taking about zhouxiash_0? Go the PayPal route to get your refund much faster.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

I got a shipment notification from mascotzone for my Paean order on the 22nd. Did have to ask about it twice though. They shipped it via Yanwen.

You have 180 days to dispute a purchase with PayPal. Still good for almost another 3 months.
    Purchase Protection | Buyer Protection | PayPal CA

• Like Like x 1
  6. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah nice thanks!

So you didn’t pay the extra $15? We ordered on the same day and it’s going to the same place but they seem to be messing me around.

I ordered one thing from them previously a year ago, some cheap KO MP cassettes and it took forever to get here pre-pandemic, like 6 weeks I think. Then I was gonna buy an FT Scoria from them a few months ago but he never responded. They seem to be reliable in getting what you order but flakey and not likely to write back until you send multiple messages.

7. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I've had it happen on multiple occasions where in one instance, I hadn't even opened a case and they preemptively refunded me when they shut down the scammer account. The other time, I was in the middle of the wait period when they give the seller time to respond and they cut that short after getting a few more open claims with false tracking numbers.

Anyway, I just placed this order with this particular scammer and the delivery window is still set for November 25th... However, I've been able to open a claim and on Tuesday, can have Ebay step in and resolve it with the refund likely to show up the beginning of the following week.

I know that over the first few months of the year, Ebay was sticking to the delivery window before opening claims, but I know for a fact that this is not always the case. Out of about 9 cases I've had to file, only 1 or 2 required waiting for the delivery window to lapse.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    My timeline is pretty brief:

I placed the order on October 15th. On the 17th, I received a tracking number that seemed off. On the 22nd, I had opened a claim with the capability to have Ebay resolve it on the 27th, I believe.

There have been times where Ebay made me wait the entire estimated delivery period and I've seen this situation reiterated colloquially as policy, but I've rarely had to wait out the entire delivery window. Like I told the other guy, I'd guess 2 times out of 9 claims.

Edit: I should also add again that the delivery window for this from the seller goes until November 25th.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Posted about it above. Should be able to call Ebay to escalate the claim either tomorrow or the day after for a refund. Every time I've gotten a bogus tracking number, I've been able to call them after the first week or so and open a claim.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok mascotzone did get the invoice to me, hopefully we’re good from here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. Keep us posted.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ShmoopsMcGoo

Damnit. Even when i tried to call & escalate on one of them, Ebay rep still pulled the "Nope sorry you have to wait while we give them more than ample time to get out of town". What a load of bollocks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    That's interesting because the only time they've ever told me that was during the pandemic when I could only get a rep to communicate via email. That said, I've seen enough people saying it here - and having on occasion ran into this answer - to where I put some stock into things likely being a case-by-case issue.

If you don't mind me asking, the case you're disputing, does it involve a fraudulent tracking number? Or just an item that is delayed/hasn't updated recently?

14. ShmoopsMcGoo

It's already over. Was one of the sellers that turned over the late summer. Tracking # never updated beyond created & they already had a list of complaints to the point they were de-listed on ebay. Rep insisted i still had to wait.

EDIT: obviously it didn't change the end result, but it's still a pisser i had to do w/o my hard earned money for longer while other folk can manage to get a rep to actually help them out when they got scammed. fricken ebay

• Like Like x 1
  15. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I once made the horrible mistake of opening a claim with Ebay AND PayPal because a rep I was speaking to took it upon themselves to open a claim and it took almost a month to get about $200 returned. When that happens, you're stuck with the slowest possible scenario.

16. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Can confirm, having both parties involved can be a nightmare. Especially when they insist they don't want to step on each other's toes, but fully proceed to anyways.

17. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    You also have to love how they both can exchange information to ensure that you don't file *two* claims and get refunded twice... but can't just call and say, "Hi, Ebay? It's PayPal... Did you figure out if the guy was a scammer? You did? He was? Great. Let me resolve this."

Even if Ebay uncovers that a user on their own platform was conning people, PayPal WILL NOT use those findings or their input to make their own decision and get you your cash faster.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Anyone bought from Mr. Brian ?

19. SquishyOH

I bought a couple combiners back at the end of August from mr.brian2009. Good sale although the China Post tracking went haywire and I had to use 17track to translate the results:
    2020-09-10 10:50 The vote has been completed (that means it was delivered)
    2020-09-07 15:47 The message is in transit within the country
    2020-09-05 07:59 Arriving in the United States

Another board member also confirmed at one point that yellowb_85 is the same seller. I got a figure at the end of Sept that arrived promptly. Both still appear to be good sellers.

20. Arthur Villaceran

Arthur Villaceran Member

Thank you! I won't file with eBay then, and instead go through PayPal.

I think I found another eBay account turned bad. Same MO. They just suddenly started to sell transformers, no previous positive feedback regarding TF sales... And they are selling 10 TCW-06s and abominus upgrade kits. Am I able to report?

User: 84485cg