China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Just a fun clarification, SpeekPAK and OrangeConnex are essentially the same thing. Usually when a SpeedPAK packages reaches the US, it has a new tracking sticker placed over top of the OrangeConnex sticker with the original ES tracking number. They're kind of a pain to track without either contacting OrangeConnex for the corresponding tracking number in the USPS system, or it will often appear if you have an account with USPS's Informed Delivery tied to your shipping address. Used to show up as from "Houa Logistics" but I don't recall if they still do.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Good to know. I had a pile of 6 boxes and was trying to remember what came in each and how each was sent. They may have all been SpeedPAK and I just noticed the Orange Connex sticker on one of them. I had a more detailed e-mail where I tracked down all 6 orders in my e-Bay summary when I accidentally hit the "back" button on my mouse. I was linking the final seller and about to click "post". After that I just got ticked off for losing all that work.

3. Sanity Bleeds

It's a very bizarre shipping platform, and it still has a very widespread, but mostly unfounded stigma against it because on initial launch, when it replaced the previous Epacket service, it was really rough, but parts of that could be attributed to buyers having no idea how the tracking worked, buyers getting scammed by sellers and not realizing it, and various other seasonal shipping delays as well. Since the service has gotten more prevalent in the last couple years, it has improved tremendously, becoming just as fast and reliable as China Post and EMS shipments in many cases, unfortunately, still with the persistent frustration from its 2-part tracking system, though.

4. Zephyrr

Zephyrr Member

Finally heard back from one*day_bid, they still haven't gotten their Nicee stock. Meanwhile I just got a message from one of my friends yesterday who got his in and he ordered from another site months after I did...

5. SquishyOH

I see a few e-Bay sellers taking down their listings. Looks like there is a Chinese holiday through October 8th and they don't want to be accused of slow shipping. I doubt any parcels in China will be moving until the holiday is over. It looks like my package from bababobo0712 is going to be held up for another week. It only just made it to the "distribution center".

6. Sanity Bleeds

Unfortunately this is kind of the norm. Even worse, even if you both bought from the same seller, I've heard word that stock of Nicee has been sent out pretty slow to retailers and many orders have been shorted as well. Mine has been in transit from Baba near Beijing for a little over a week, but I believe ShowZ near Shanghai had been sending their orders out the week before. If I recall, I think one*day_bid was also based in Shanghai, but even region isn't always a reliable metric for when orders will arrive for shipping, but usually tend to give you an idea of when most sellers in the same region COULD be receiving stock.

7. Pool5555

Pool5555 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I did a deal with yellowb_85 2 months ago for a wei jiang ultima guard blue. Never arrived and was returned to sender. I contacted them and am waiting for a refund. I will keep you posted.
    C3652386-9BAA-409E-874B-2DF4F50E08DF.jpeg

8. Sanity Bleeds

Eeeh, iffy scenario there. If it's getting close to the expiration of Paypal coverage you might just open a claim before then to have things in motion beforehand in case things take a turn or delay further. It's not ideal for all parties, but getting your refund can be a lot more hassle than a business filing a claim with the courier for loss/delay. Hopefully it works out as best as it can in this scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Update ;
    Ordered THF Megatron from tj_dynng-8 . It was shipped on 09/15 and arrived today. Packed in stryrafoam and tape.

10. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Parcelsapp can track it via the initial number through the whole route, even after the country change.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sanity Bleeds

Parcelsapp it's pretty fantastic, it's shown me lots of interesting tracking info even most couriers own websites won't. And I've only ever encountered 2 trackng numbers it didn't know what to do with.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Early on in the life of SpeedPak it was one of the only trackers that even recognized it. I found it then and it's been my goto ever since.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sanity Bleeds

Sadly, I did not know about it in those days. It wasn't until early this year with all the DX9 Capone shipping delays that I found it, since it was the only tracker that was both showing details for that shipment, as well as giving estimates for similar shipment arrival times then, too. Really wish I'd known about it sooner, as previously, I'd been relying on USPS Informed Delivery, which would tell me where A Speedpak shipment was, just not WHAT Speedpak shipment was on it's way, or still in abroad, or going through customs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Picked up a KO MP-25 Tracks from makeasy2u September 24th and arrived today, October 5th via SpeedPAK (Orange Connex).

Arrived in perfect condition, but was lucky as it was shipped in a cardboard box without any other protection. No bubble wrap, no styrofoam...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pool5555

Pool5555 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I received a full refund from yellowb_85. I think it was sent back to them by china post and Im happy they gave me a refund quick.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sanity Bleeds

Good to hear there was a (somewhat) positive outcome, even if not the ideal one. I'm rarely worried about getting ripped off with so many protections in place, but often worried about missing out on a release waiting for an order that may never come and having alternates either go out of stock, or skyrocket in price.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sanity Bleeds

After nearly an entire year since ordering and a bizarre $5 shipping adjustment, my Big Firebird Nicee arrived from Baba today. Shipped standard China Post from Tianjin on 21Sept, left China on 23Sept, cleared San Francisco ISC on 30Sept, and was delivered to Western Michigan today on 07Oct. Not the fastest time I've ever had, but definitely still an easy transit.

Still a great experience overall, but it definitely represents a strong example of why pre-ordering on Ebay can be a terrible idea, especially when it comes to 3P, and mostly unknown 3P at that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SquishyOH

I've had good luck with toutiaotnto with a few different items and saved him as a "watched seller". He pulled all his listings at the start of October, but they were back up again over last weekend. I went to check his store again and my list of "watched sellers" has changed! Instead of toutiaotnto, there is now quduomoss. I've not seen a good seller change their name like this before and the shop is empty again. But since the quduomoss name is in the same spot as toutiaotnto was in my saved list I guess he changed names. I still have no idea what either name means or how they come up with them.

19. DJofSYN

DJofSYN Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Anyone know if I bababobo00712 will honor a sale if I forgot to sign in on the website? I kept the screenshots of my preorders but I don't know if its possible at this point. I did reach out to them on the website but havnt received a response probably because of the Chinese holiday.

20. Sanity Bleeds

Honestly have no idea. In all the years I've bought from them on eBay and their own site, I've never once tried to get a discount post-sale.