China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Venomboy808

Venomboy808 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    please let me know what happen...i called ebay ..they wont do anything because they have 100% positve feedback.. but i told him those feedback are from same account twice and also non of them bought more then 2 items.. is fake. then the ebay told me file a complain after sept 29th my shipment date. He still has many post up.. j
    guys just be aware....

• Like Like x 1
  2. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have just stumbled on this seller and not looked at his stock or feedback in detail yet which I would do but what stood out for me is that he has 17 XTB Flipout (Wildrider) in stock. This figure’s supply has been drier than the Sahara desert and the price of this figure has gone through the roof. That’s a red flag for me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Looks like the inflatable liquor bags they'll sell you at the airport so your poorly packed wine doesn't recolor your wardrobe.

4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

well this one used is no bigger than say a pop or beer can at best.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sanity Bleeds

I mean, I'm sure there's that one guy out there that wants his one can of beer protected for the instant he takes his luggage off the conveyor, these guys have him covered!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bennu4ever

Bennu4ever New Member

Twitter:
    Hi all, new here! I was wondering if any of you has ever bought anything from this "timing998" eBay account (since I cannot find it in the first page list). I would like to buy a Ft-28 and I'm trying to get one and before doing that I would just like to check the most interesting sellers...

Thanks in advance to all of you!!

7. Sanity Bleeds

Personally, I would skip them. Lots of suspicious feedback looking like padding, especially with almost no immediate TF sales feedback; lots of rare FT releases they claim to have multiple stock of, but many also with 5-12% discount markdowns? Their 99% score with over 1,000 feedback isn't doing anything to encourage me in the face of all those other red flags.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure yxclow is scammmer

There's no grassors about in chrome not ones for retail prices anyway and loads of his feedback is buy people with under 5 feedback scores themself, i 'm looking for a chrome grassor myself and saw his and it stunk to me

on the flipside i purchased fanstoys hunk from tj_dynng-8 and it turned up as described and in under 2 weeks so that's a thumbs up from me for this purchase at least

• Like Like x 1
  9. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

a little nervous about a couple of purchases i just made this w/e with heqinglong19829

currently has a few items listed for 30% off. maybe too good to be true but i'm hoping it's just paranoia. the positives is after i bought one item, it went back up to a more regular price after what looks to have been limited to only 3 purchased at that sale price, mine being the last. most of their listing prices looks to be in line with what's normal on eBay, except for the ones on sale which isn't a lot and only a portion of their listings and not everything which normally is the case of a seller gone bad. currently i see about 19 out of 124. looks like most of the feedback the past month seems to be legit. but they did just get a neg feedback for undelivered order just today. :confused: 

really hoping my deals pan out and this seller hasn't gone rogue. :( 

10. acekiller910404

acekiller910404 Decepticon

I just placed an order with yxclow a few days before I found this post. So glad I found this. I thought his items were suspicious but seen the 100% positive feedback and ordered. I’m a little sketched now ...

11. acekiller910404

I placed an order with this seller as well for 30% off the dx9 dinobots. I’m starting to think importing off eBay is just a no go from here on out. I mean robotoybase is pricey when I need to find figures I can’t locate elsewhere, but at least I know I’ll get them.

12. Sanity Bleeds

Something to consider, if you're going with RoboToyBase, you might also try OhMyPrimus, they have very cheap DHL shipping from Singapore and tend to have a lot of the same stuff as RTB.

• Like Like x 3
  13. acekiller910404

thanks for the heads up, I literally spent around $1000 bucks on bots this weekend to bring my legends collection up to speed; however, $250 of it is tied to eBay ‍♂️-> never again. I’m just impatient and that’s what I get. I never new about ohmyprimus, robotoybase and tfsource took loads of the wallet this weekend

14. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

LoL, yeap… snagged the DX9 dinobot set too! :p  sometimes the deals pan out on eBay, and sometimes they don't. without the risk, you reap no benefits. but worse case scenario is you'll have to wait to submitted a refund request and have it processed, but you'll eventually get your money back. oh well, fingers crossed we both get our dinos!

also, forgot to mention i bought from this seller in the past once in March and communications was fine in working out combined shipping discount for two items i purchased. transaction went smooth with delivery of both items. also inquired in June about an item. quick reply but i didn't end up buying at the time as i was still shopping around for that particular item, and shipping was chaos that month.

did your order get shipped out yet?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  15. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

LOL! I did a very similar thing, bringing my legends scale up to snuff(really from nothing) recently. I ordered some from Ohmyprimus and some from Robot Toy Base.

That reminds me, a little off topic here, but when I purchase from oh my primus now, I get some weird currency exchange cost on top of the purchase price. Even if I choose to pay with Singapore dollars it tells me my credit card company may charge me some exchange cost(though they won't) and the price is still a little inflated. This is something relatively new I noticed. Anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

16. fung430

fung430 New Member

Ebay:
    Hello,

how often is the list of good seller updated?

thanks is advance

17. acekiller910404

Negative, my ebay items from the following ebay members have not been shipped:
    heqinglong19829
    bababobo00712
    yxclow

18. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

baba should be fine. they are long standing reputable seller. just got sent a replacement part to fix a blemish for a figure from my last order from them. wasn't asked to wait for my next order i place with them to get it either.

• Like Like x 2
  19. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

We don’t know yet that heqinglong19829 has gone scammer, the new negative review is from someone who doesn’t like how long shipping from china takes.

Also I bought X-Transbots wildrider from him so hoping it turns out legit.

20. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

yes, this is only speculation on my part. but another observation i have is that one complaint is an item i was watching and considering to buy as my next purchase. it was restocked and available for purchase just a day ago. that neg was posted and now you can't find the listing any longer, not as ended but deleted altogether, which is what triggered my suspicion.

really hoping i'll be proven wrong as i'd love to get the two items i did buy at great prices. we'll see.

• Like Like x 1