China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

2. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I had to read it a couple of times the first time I saw it because I thought he was selling broken figure but I can assure you the one I got was not broken.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sanity Bleeds

Suppose that depends on what you're asking exactly, as in, how many G1 Overlords can you buy right now for £34.99, or how many G1 Overlords can you buy right now in exchange for an original G1 Overlord with full unused sticker sheets? I suppose that all comes down to how you feel about terms like "complete", "knock-off", "discoloration", and "play wear".

4. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

Still waiting to get my Spy Patrol 2 pack, but the package, whatever it may be, did arrive in CA a week ago per speedpak.. tomorrow is the earliest it was expected to be delivered, but not been any tracking updates since arriving stateside. Not that I really thought it would be the earliest date, but wow it seriously moved through and out of China faster than going anywhere in the US lol.

5. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

The Chinese name for Hot Rod is "Hot Break", while Rodimus is "Gentleman who repairs/replaces the sky", so you can see where the translations went wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sanity Bleeds

Honestly, it seems like so many of the more bizarre chinese to english translations could be attributed to english speakers using a word too much in the wrong context or with too many shared meanings and chinese interpreters drawing the wrong meaning because of inaccurate use by the english speakers to begin with. I tend to feel like so many bad english translations are the result of bad english speakers themselves unknowingly setting up future generations for failure. Add to that the number of words that don't have a direct translation because a word is especially unique to that language/culture and you have a recipe for odd and unintentional hilarity.

7. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

That, and Google Translate for Chinese to English sucks as well.

8. Decepticharger

Decepticharger Member

For those that were wondering about mr.brian2009 I just received my Gigapower HQ04R from him today. It was delayed due to the shipping issues, but it was packaged well using a firm cardboard outer box as well as hard plastic corners.

Very happy with the purchase!

• Like Like x 2
  9. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Just got my items from yellowb_85 on eBay (aka one*day_Bid)! I think it was 13 days from ship to delivered! Great seller!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Skywolf

Skywolf The Supercharged Werewolf Seeker

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    After looking for ebay listings to get a Transformers Cybertron Thunderblast figure it comes with everything except the box and this is a rare figure it was decently priced but I hope it doesnt come broken or scratched up.

11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Copied to this thread:
    It's best to file your refund claim through Paypal. It is much faster.

12. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

KFC Crash Hog (Wreck Gar) from suncn2010 on eBay arrived today. Purchased on June 17th and was shipped via Orange Connex (SpeedPAK). Came packed in styrofoam and yellow tape.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sanity Bleeds

My MMC Mors from Baba just made it today. Shipped from Tianjin on 15Jun via China Post, left China on the 17th, arrived in San Francisco on the 29th, made it halfway around the bay to San Jose 5 days later, and just appeared in Western Michigan 5 days after that for delivery; Ta-da! Came in basic taped cardboard with a layer of bubble wrap, but was in SIGNIFICANTLY better condition than my IronTrans Star Saber door wedge...

15. TurkeyX105

TurkeyX105 New Member

has anyone else ordered Firebird EX-01 Nicee from Baba? Did you guys also received a piece of paper of a $5 discount and made the Ebay order complete? Sent a message to Baba and she(or he) said that they will send the figure once it is released which is unknown for now. I wonder if this has happened before...

16. Sanity Bleeds

I ordered Nicee from Baba all the way back in late October. At the time, I think the anticipated release was in December? Naturally, almost 9 months later, it still hasn't released, and there isn't really a known release, but there have been several completed figure images posted on various social media. As far as the $5 discount they sent, this was likely to appease any Paypal shipment requirements to show they did send something in the time frame allotted to avoid payment cancellations for the preorder. I personally never received anything from Baba, and my preorder goes back further than what the 118 sold list displays, so if something does go wrong with the order, I have no Ebay or Paypal protection this late in the wait.

17. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Saw jia_8941 on eBay on the good sellers list...

Just placed my order for a Studio Series 32 Optimus Prime for $37.99 shipped before eBay bucks applied.

New Transformers Hasbro Optimus Prime Studio Series 32 V Level Action Figure Toy | eBay

"Unopened and Not K.O.", and photos watermarked with the eBay sellers name. So that confirms street cred/legitimacy? :p 

Est. delivery 13-29 days, so July 29-Aug 21.

Think it should be fine?

Was debating between jia_8941 and bid_bid_good: Transformers Optimus Prime SS 32 Studio Series Hasbro Voyager Action Figure Toy | eBay

Guess I'm watching this thread again until I get (or not get) my item. :p 

18. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Bababobo00712 is still the greatest. Zeta Superion box set ordered on June 27, arrived July 10th in NY. Great speed, packing, etc...

• Like Like x 2
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I ordered IR-V01 Star Blade from baba's direct website and not Ebay. In dong so I was able to avoid paying USA sales tax which Ebay now imposes for my state. Since there are no Ebay fees for the seller, baba's can offer items for a couble bucks cheaper on their website.
    Order placed June 19, 2020. Order delivered July 1 in GA. Just 12 days. I selected the free shipping option that says up to 20-30+ days for shipping and it arrived in 12 days.
    My question is why can't ShowZ ship items as fast for free like Baba does?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chooch

Chooch Well-Known Member

I successfully purchased Ratbat/Rumble from guang1121, no issues, nicely wrapped in Styrofoam.