China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Active Member

Good to know. Shame their feedback doesn't currently reflect that. a person would just have to "know" their past history. dang

2. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

3. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

I think they've generally been forgotten on here for so long on that list that not many people have bothered looking back into them for quite awhile. It might be worth sending a PM to ChromeMagnus to see if he'd be up for re-evaluating them and adding them back to the Good List?

4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN Well-Known Member

for those commenting on mascotzone i've received my latest order last week in 16 days. ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  5. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Lucky! I'm still waiting on shipment from 5/19 where I paid $25 extra for "faster" shipping. Sigh..

6. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any further news on this sorry affair?

7. TIKnTIN

i don't get why ppl are paying a "premium" on shipping in hopes of getting "faster" delivery. unless it comes with some guarantee you'll be refunded or compensated somehow with a set delivery date, it's a complete crap shot you are buying into. at least that's how i see it. :p 

8. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

It was meant to be the difference between epacket and yanwen, in the past couple month's yanwen(pandemic timeline) has been quite fast compared to epacket. I had 2 items from the same seller, one was sent epacket the other yanwen. The yanwen showed up in less than 3 weeks. The epacket took 3+ months. Was hoping for a repeat performance on that, however, apparently they all are a crap shoot now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TIKnTIN

and that's why i've been using only eBay with SpeedPak and without needing to pay any sort of premium. i saw SpeedPak routinely re-route packages away from the port of Shanghai when the issues began. ChinaPost ePacket which some eBay retailers used, and a lot of non eBay retailers (like ShowZ) did not do the same. i have had many problems with ePacket since the pandemic began with massive huge delays for a few. we're talking 100-140 days delivery on the high side, and a few 40-60 days with others. no major issues with SpeedPak, with maybe a handful hitting over the 20 day mark, but most under 20. and even then, it was more due to local custom/postal service hand off and processing when it had landed.

keep in mind that SpeedPak, ePacket or Yanwen, which i think still uses ePacket but with better logistics to move packages to available planes, they all still hand off to local postal services when they land. so whatever issues or delays in your country that is pervailing, fall outside of any service you paid into to get your package onto a plane and out of China. i'm routinely getting orders out of China within a few days to a week, but then held up in Canada first in customs, and then handing off to local postal service for processing and delivery, which is averaging at least a week if not more now. :( 

10. Sanity Bleeds

So, unfortunately still no reply back from Baba about my broken IronTrans Star Saber, gave them the weekend since they usually reply in about 12 hours or less, but no dice so I sent them a followup on Messenger in the hopes of a reply within another day or two. Hopefully it doesn't take much more followup.

On a positive note, DHL finally delivered my Newage Mista from TFS-Express after holding it hostage for 4 days despite it crossing from Shanghai to my local center in under 36 hours. It's continually intriguing just how often China has their act together and can send something around the world in mere hours, but US customs and local couriers can completely drop the ball for days, weeks, or longer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

I was burned by zhengwuxiaguang from their recent turn... But fortunately after waiting the requisite number of days for a response (of course getting none) to escalate to eBay, they refunded me within literal minutes. As an aside, I even got the email asking how they did before I got the email saying the refund had been issued. Was quite confused by that at first lol.

So now I'm waiting on another Ratbat & Rumble set from a Chinese seller someone had recent success with in the Siege thread... Will hopefully be here in a couple weeks & will report back. Hoping for the best.

Wish I had known of this thread beforehand, but sounds like I made my purchase right as people were figuring out he had broke bad so might have been still made the order then but still.. Good to know this resource is here.

12. Sanity Bleeds

Out of curiosity, who was the next Chinese seller you went with?

13. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

liuminjinshui78

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Well-Known Member

Recently purchased Nemesis Prime from caotianxi on EBay. (At the time, he was moderately priced comparitively)
    I'll let everyone know if it works out, I should have the package soon and he did have TF items in stock. 100% feedback so far.

15. Sanity Bleeds

Hmm, their feedback is a little sketchy even for such a small number, but their list of item offerings is so small that it would seem likely most buyers will get what they're buying from them for a little while longer; they definitely don't have enough momentum built up if their aiming for a scamming yet. Just an a higher number of very low feedback buyers who all order a couple items at the same time, mixing TF with DBZ. Not necessarily a red flag, but noteworthy in it's oddness. Do keep us posted as things progress!?

16. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Positive experiance with seller lus8968. Figure arrived in perfect condition and super fast postage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sanity Bleeds

Minor followup, Baba finally got back to me via Facebook messenger, said they'd contact IronTrans for replacement parts and ship them out as soon as they got them. Also, my MMC Mors from them just cleared San Francisco ISC after 2 weeks of no updates, expected to western Michigan in about 5 days (which would still make it faster than the overwhelming majority of shipments that come through Chicago ISC for me).

18. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

yellowb_85 is still legitimate
    OSKO nitro zeus arrived today

• Like Like x 3
  19. posternumber1000

posternumber1000 Member

Yet another update on mascotzone: I bought a total of 4 figures from him(? her?). They were sent separately and I got a message that the Soundwave (THF01J MP-13 ) with tapes would be sent with soundwave and tapes separately. This was on April 26 that I bought them all. Bought Soundwave, IT01 MP 36 Megatron, Zeta EXX-03 Jazz, and I preordered TE01- Optimus Prime. I got the Soundwave around the 1st, Jazz a week or so ago, and received the tapes for Soundwave today. All were great, well packaged, and good to go. Only one left is Megatron and Optimus which was preordered and supposed to ship next month. So mascotzone continues to be solid for me at least.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wuggaroo

Wuggaroo Active Member

Ebay:
    Update regarding toyfly2015:

put in an order for goose, and I got a goose. Still legit.
    They did not respond to me for a few days, so just keep poking them until you hear back from them.

it came packaged in a styrofoam cube of some sort. I’m not sure how they did it, but it wasn’t damaged with I got it.