China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not, I believe it's still in China.

2. bakerjin

Also, how are people getting refunds? I've been refunded 3 times for scams (unfortunately), but this 4th time, this time with scammer defa_xiws121-7, I opened a Paypal dispute as usual on May 26. It said it would wait for a seller response for 2 weeks and then review the info and give me a resolution 5 days after that. Instead, after the 2 week period for response closed (and of course the seller never responded), Paypal has continually moved the estimated case resolution day by day. It is now estimating July 6, which is ridiculous considering I opened this case on May 26 and it's incredibly obvious that the seller is a scammer and kicked off of ebay. I cannot even call their customer service number since it's closed. Are people finding other ways of getting their refunds?

3. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

they might be quarantining everything coming from Beijing, since they have an outbreak in Beijing.

4. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

I have a ebay e-packet coming from China that has been in transit for 33 days with tracking stuck at "Shanghai, Delivered by Airline" since 26/05. Not sure if I should just give up on it. Surprisingly SpeedPAK parcels are arriving with no problems.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've sent you two messages in private and gotten no response. Do you wanna do the deal or are you rescinding it? I don't mind waiting.

6. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

My China Post shipments have also gone weeks now without updates, but I definitely wouldn't give up on them from a legit seller, it's just where we're at with most international shipments. As far as SpeedPak, I've said for quite a while now, despite all it's failures on launch and the tracking changeover, it has been consistently one of the better shipping systems for a couple years now. I still remember when ePacket first launched and how terrible it was, and then when SpeedPak came along it was initially so bad that people suddenly had this misunderstanding that ePacket was somehow good because of that, only once SpeedPak improved significantly, suddenly ePacket was glaringly awful again. Unfortunately, years later, people still whine and bemoan SpeedPak, either because they're stuck in their own bad memories, or because they're too new to know how to track it properly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chooch

Chooch Well-Known Member

I should have read this first. I got the Autobot stickers from zhengzhengrishang888 instead of Rumble/Ratbat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

So i ordered a JB Bruticus from Mr.Brian2009 earlier, go to check out what else he has currently for sale & his ebay shop is empty. Is that an initial red flag? Should i start preparing for the worst?

9. aussiedzfan

I bought CBB Bruticus and Defensor from him and had no problems.

10. aussiedzfan

My parcel from China has finally reached Australia so it is all good. Still having issues trying to adapt to the new way of things I guess.

11. bakerjin

Any thoughts on this? How are people getting their refunds?

My Paypal dispute keeps getting dragged out each day. Even though I filed on May 26 it now has a estimated case resolution of July 6, and it basically just gets delayed each day. It was never this difficult to dispute in the past. I can't even call the number because it just hangs up on me saying they don't have enough customer service on staff.

12. Sanity Bleeds

Not sure if their online chat support is still out just like some of their phone support has been listed as out, but you could always try emailing them directly to explain the situation and see what sort of response they offer?

13. Sanity Bleeds

Not really. An empty storefront on it's own generally isn't an indicator of much anything at all, and in more than a few cases, has been a matter of technical error (although, their store appears empty to me at this time as well). There have been plenty of scenarios where a legit (and even high volume seller) has emptied out their entire storefront and within a few days completely refilled it, possibly as a complete listing refresh? Even Baba has had issues with eBay giving them the runaround in the past and dumped their entire storefront, even going to far as creating a whole new account and listing items their until the matter was resolved with eBay.

14. yiyahow

yiyahow Well-Known Member

I just received an order from mr.brian2009 yesterday, no problem yet anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sanity Bleeds

Just as a helpful point of reference, I'm currently using Paypal's live agent chat feature over a non-Transformers dispute, so their live chat is still available. Interestingly, when I first initiated the chat request, the message bot told me the wait would be a few hours, however a few hours turned into about 6 seconds!

• Like Like x 1
  16. bakerjin

Thank you, this was very helpful! I did get to chat someone and they escalated my issue. Not sure what that means but hopefully I'll see a resolution faster now.
    On another note, the tracking number of the scammer just updated and it's in my hometown. Looking forward to my Lego minifig!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sanity Bleeds

Also good news, my shipment from Baba from a month ago just hit Chicago customs after not seeing any updates for about 3 weeks now, so there's still plenty of hope for delayed shipments... just no metric for wait times.

18. Decepticharger

Decepticharger Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.

mr.brian2009 had reached out to me to ask me not to worry about my package; the delay was pandemic related, and that I would get it. I responded thank you for the follow-up, and that I understood it was out of his control. I wonder if legitimate sellers are getting screwed by buyers that have filed claims as soon as possible? I can imagine that would be discouraging and have someone to believe it would be better to close up shop and wait until things get better. Obviously I am just speculating.

On a more positive note, just received my purchase from johosontony. It came SpeedPak was actually the fastest delivery in a while. Ordered on 6/6, shipped on 6/7 and received today 6/24.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Bought three things recently from eBay now that things seem to be moving again:
    • Maketoys Wrestle (Grapple) from netclow - shipped using China Post
    • KFC Crash Hog (Wreck-gar) from suncn2010 - shipped using SpeedPAK/Orange Connex
    • Generation Toy White Gorilla (T-Beast Ultra Magnus) from mascotzone - pre-order
    Will see how long they take to get here to Vancouver, Canada.

20. ali tavakoly

ali tavakoly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My toy came from mascotzone. They are wonderful. The neck peg was broken and they are talking to fanstoys to get me the replacement part. No charge no hassel

• Like Like x 2