China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Yeah, ignoring that this forum has never really used a general warning, caution, or be weary notation for anyone on the list itself, this isn't at all a scam, as many other retailers have run into this same scenario.

I've seen this scenario discussed at length on the Cell thread, and I still can't fault her for this action. Prior to CV19, it wasn't uncommon to see many retailers eat the cost increases from expected preorder to final release price, especially when the cost difference was often only a 1.05-1.1x increase in cost, however with Cell, not only do you have many retailers still recovering from the losses from CV19, the increased and delayed shipping costs, but you now have a final release price 1.6x the original expected price ($250USD to $400USD, and if stories are to be believed, you can thank TFSource entirely for this). That's not a reasonable cost difference to eat even if CV19 hadn't been in play. And people can argue "But but but, muh contract!" to which means virtually nothing from an international small business toy sales perspective, but completely ignores precedents of implied good faith and fair dealings, where BOTH parties are expected to be treated fairly in contracts, and not take an unnecessary loss to benefit the other.

That fact she's offering full refunds to anyone who does not wish to complete the full purchase rather than stick them with the loss of backing out is a fair resolution IMO, especially when you consider it's unlikely you'll find Cell much cheaper anywhere else. The pre-order "guarantee" was intended as a reasonable offer when price adjustments were reasonable, and not when a product nearly doubled in price just so a US retailer could more easily compete against Chinese sellers. This decision by Sarah in no way impacts my view of her, and will not dissuade me from purchasing from her in the future at all. /rant

• Like Like x 3
  2. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Just reinforcing this...
    I ordered Siege Nemesis Prime 3 weeks ago, Rumble and Ratbat a full month ago. R and R are still in another state, but "Nemesis Prime" arrived just now.
    20200612_130132.jpg

3. Sanity Bleeds

So.... which KO Lego figure do you think you got? I'm betting on a SWAT officer, but maybe you lucked out and got the rarer fireman!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

now i'm curious what's in the parcel
    you should post a follow up picture after opening it

• Like Like x 2
  5. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

20200612_132305.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sanity Bleeds

Wow, not even Decepticon stickers in place of Nemesis? That's just insulting!

• Like Like x 3
  8. megatron1180

megatron1180 Ruler of cybertron

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well I pretty sure when mine arrives I'm gonna get some stickers too. At least I can use them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sanity Bleeds

Just seems kind of odd to use such a bulky package to only send stickers. Any time I've ordered just stickers they come in a small, sturdy envelope with a tracking number. Seems wastefully short-sighted for a scam?

10. megatron1180

megatron1180 Ruler of cybertron

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Got to make sure the stickers are protected. If you are going to screw someone over make sure you do it as nice as possible. Don't want customers to be mad at you.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sanity Bleeds

"Item came well packed and protected" 10/10 most professional scammer, would not buy from again."

• Like Like x 6
  12. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Admittedly small consolations, but they are nonetheless appreciated... thanks all. As far as packaging goes...
    20200612_141746.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. freneticvirus

freneticvirus Well-Known Member

Thumbs up for both tfz_61 and justdoitml, both of whom got their items (KBB Thrust and KO Thundercracker) to the UK in 11 working days, even with all that's going on.
    Both were the lowest respectively at the time for those figures (inc postage), which never fills you with confidence.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

you should be able to get your money back no problem, sucks that you got stung though

15. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Yep, already notfied PayPal... thanks amigo.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I ordered Fans Toys Iceman from ebay seller yellowb_85 and it was delivered with no problems. A little slow from China to the UK but, hey, I'm glad I got it with the postal restrictions.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ali tavakoly

ali tavakoly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    As reported in Facebook.
    Iceman looks really different in person! eBay seller shenglitiantian has 98.9% positive feedback. WTF?!

shenglitiantian on eBay

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just voicing my concerns. Sarah Zhang/eyou collectibles jacked up the price on PAID IN FULL orders to $385-ish from whatever you were at before (I was $260 shipped). Her OWN POLICY states that PAID IN FULL orders will not be subject to price increases. That's her own policy. She's not honoring it. It's her fault but her very smug attitude in my emails with her is beyond understanding. She took my money that would have otherwise went to another seller and sat on it for months before wanting more. Horrible business ethics. She has done this to numerous people as seen in the thread about the Studio Cell Unicron. She needs to go on the bad sellers list.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SarahZhangEYOUCOLLECTION

SarahZhangEYOUCOLLECTION TFs seller

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sorry that the pandemic thing made the costs increased too much. The pandemic breaks many things including the pre-order policy. The price adjusting for this item is first time ever. I still offer you better price than from many others which you refused. The adjusted price is for shipping NOW not holding shipment for future when things back to normal. If you can wait, we could hold the shipment until pandemic is over, so we could stick to the old price. Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
  20. SarahZhangEYOUCOLLECTION

SarahZhangEYOUCOLLECTION TFs seller

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thank you for being a so called KNIGHT! Some ppl will hate you for saying so. hahahaha! The following will be my response to the negative comments about me in the CELL thread. Can you believe when the air freight increased 8 times or more during the last months (increasing every 2-3 days) ? This is why some stores hold shipment. As for shipping, it's true that we eat the increased shipping cost up for many items which packages are smaller during this pandemic. But this CELL is too large. I suppose many collectors can understand that during this special period, hold the shipment for future, add more to ship now or get refund. I could understand that some buyers only consider their own benefits to get the item with far low price than the markets. But still most buyers can understand this special period which has been brought big effects to many industries. For previous other pre-orders, I honored all, even if some ppl asked to cancel the pre-orders without no reason, I still refunded them deposit with no condition. To answer some one, I dont always changes prices! This CELL is the first time ever. It's sad that in some ppl's eyes, BUYERS AND SELLERS ARE NOT EQUAL. Seller wont force you to buy, but buyer can force the seller to sell with quite low price? buyers can cancel orders by not obeying the so called "CONTRACT"(mentioned by some one in the CELL thread), but seller must adhere to the "CONTRACT" whatever unavoidable objective accidents happened. If you dont understand the situation, then you are free to cancel order to get refund right away. How I scam you? But still when you are not satisfied, you can say whatever you want to express your disappointment and anger publicly. Some ppl never ordered from me may buy all of your said and consider me as a bad seller. But most ppl have been knowing me for long time and I NEVER scam them with their money! My business should have died long time ago if I was the person in your mouth. If yourself are a seller ( a competitor of mine), when you say bad things about me, please delete your store website link in your signature. Isn't it too obvious? I feel terrible about this CELL thing and sorry to disappoint some one with the adjusted price. This is the first time ever to adjust the pre-order price like this. Really really sorry for the inconvenience regarding to this CELL. I dont blame some people telling their feelings about this CELL thing in public, the fact is I do let you down and cannot make it at $260. I blame myself for this. But this is a special case regarding to price. Many sell it at $400, I am trying to make it $385, but which is not enough for some who shows no understanding. I could understand. If you could wait until things back to normal, I can honor the pre-order price to bear less loss. Sorry again for these who cancelled the order and got refund instead. Good luck to find cheap ones or wait for future reissue. Hope you could add this to your collection. Thank you!--Sarah Zhang

• Like Like x 5