China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason, I always get bad vibes from an Chinese Ebay seller with a long name that starts with Z. THey all turn out to be shady. I mean zhengzhengrishang888 is on the good list for now but I'd keep an eye on them. Their prices look way too good to be true.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the recent price cuts are super suspect!

3. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

Final update on Aklauser. I’ve just received my Fans Toys items from this seller. I’ve opened all 3 figures, and they’re all real. Everything I ordered is here. Looks like Aklauser is a safe bet.

• Like Like x 5
  4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    the plot thickens with shwi7900... o_O 

Screenshot_20200609-074308-01.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

For this one transaction i can vouch for mascot_zone

my it01 finally turned up everything as it should have been, for the the guy that asked about import tax, i did not have to pay any

I had much resigned myself to this being lost and blaming myself for buying during the worst possible time despite waiting and waiting for things to clear up but it worked out in the end

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Interesting. Will definitely file that under odd, but reasonable enough response for a seller who you wouldn't really expect to reply at all if they'd gone rogue as some suspect. Still, even despite it's oddness, could just as easily be a last minute delay tactic too. Definitely interested in seeing how that scenario plays out!

7. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    That is weird, did you ask for photos? I just submitted my refund request with ebay. I hadn't received a message from shwi7900 yet.

8. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

9. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

I ordered a G1 Dinobot set from defa_xiws121-7 back on May 16 for ~$125. Back then they had a very good rating in the high 90s. Everything seemed good and got a tracking number, but of course when it arrived a few days ago it was just a postcard. Looking at the feedback for the past month, seems like they probably got hacked and this is a common scam now from them. I see they were just added to the bottom of the "bad" list, so guessing others here have had similar experience from that seller. PITA.

That's the annoying thing, they can be a good seller one day, you order something, and between then and when it arrives you find out they've gone bad/rogue/been hacked.

Unfortunately I didn't think to check this thread until now, so I started the claim process through eBay instead of Paypal. I'll see how it goes. I requested a "return" and have gotten no reply (not surprisingly) so I'll be escalating it today and hopefully get a quick resolution and refund. Otherwise I'll file with Paypal, though not sure if they would step on each other's toes if I had a dispute going on both at the same time.

10. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sanity Bleeds

(The username alone makes me think of acfun_toys, a rogue seller a little while back) I can't seem to view any of their actual item listings in my region (US), and their sales feedback has the item listings made private, but as from a basic overview; Sketchy? Yes, but not really in the scammer sorta way, more in the uncaring, bulk trash sales kinda way. They look remarkably similar to tfclub on eBay where they are generally sending what people buy, but the quality is absolute garbage, the packaging is minimal, the sales support is virtually non-existent, and the seller's response is seemingly to just keep selling more trash to make up for it. If it's a really common item you're willing to roll the dice on, you might give them a shot, but otherwise, they seem like a frustrating gamble.

Edit: Did some jumping around, and did get to view their item listings. Mostly just looks like various cheapo stuff that wouldn't be worth the effort, not least when so many other sellers offer the same at nearly the same prices, but with better reputations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sanity Bleeds

Ebay and Paypal tend to avoid any overlap between each other's claims processes. Generally, Paypal is the safer, more reliable bet for faster resolutions, however, there is an interesting gamble possible through Ebay resolution if it involves a scammer who has already cut and run, where you can actually get a much faster resolution via Ebay, but it seems entirely contingent on your shipment having already arrived, the scammer not responding to any messages, and their account being suspended already. The whole process is a gamble because if your item hasn't arrived, Ebay will often make you wait the entire delivery period before doing anything, if the seller responds, they can request you return the item, leading to them much later claiming you returned something else, further tying things up, or the seller simply arguing you are the one who is scamming.

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm lucky then that the seller sends a postcard rather than just nothing at all. Since I already received that and it obviously isn't Dinobots, and that they haven't responded, hopefully eBay will get back quickly. Submitted my dispute so hopefully will know in 48 hrs or less.

Already purchased another G1 Dinobot set (along with a G1 OP with trailer I had been wanting) from a different seller on the "good" list, so hopefully no issues with that one...

edit: Just got an email from eBay less than 15 minutes after filing the dispute (after receiving no response from seller about return/refund) and they are refunding. Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    This seller is giving you nothing but delay tactics.
    Always file your refund claim through Paypal and not Ebay. It is much faster. This is why you should always pay using Paypal wherever Paypal is an option.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    shwi7900 had about 2 months of my patience and i had asked several times to confirm he had the parts set aside for me and if he could provide photos. he clearly still doesn't have them in hand so i'm done. i'm asking eBay to step tomorrow when available to ask for the refund since he's currently not a registered user. i do feel a bit sorry for these retailers dealing with all this logistic chaos with shipping and price increases. but at this point i believe i've been reasonable and can only look out for myself and what i can control. another seller promptly sent out replacement part almost around the same time as when i dealt with shwi7900 and it was dealt with promptly with no hassle.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    I went ahead and requested a refund and ebay granted it within a few hours. Surprisingly I had an email from shwi7900 this morning that I missed(it wasn't an ebay message) that said:

"Don't worry, my friend. Your payment has been frozen by PAYPAL, you will not lose anything. Please wait, if the parcel cannot finally arrive, the money will be returned to your account."

So if it does show up, I'll be happy to pay him, but I'm not hopeful!

• Like Like x 2
  19. posternumber1000

posternumber1000 Active Member

I don't know if they did, but I know that I have four boxes coming, and the first one got here and I didn't have to pay anything extra, if that's what your concern is? They just dropped it off at my office like any other mail.

20. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    how'd you manage to get a decision from eBay in only a few hours??? they normally allow the seller about a week to answer before you can request for them to step in.

• Like Like x 1