China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

So, for easier searches, it helps if you can post a direct link to their seller page shenglitiantian on eBay or even just type out their username for easier lookups, but to that, they look VERY shady. 106 of their 200 most recent feedback are from buyers with less than 10 feedback, with the majority (40) having only 1, and (35) having just 2 feedback, and at least another 10 from unregistered accounts. 72 of those 200 are for G1 Reissues (not a guarantee of anything, but a common sighting from scammers moving cheap KO reissues, plus the fact not a single one reported damaged or broken is practically unheard of). This trend continues back to the previous 400 feedback as well.

Then there's the suspicious listings themselves. A prime example, FansToys Iceman, 32 already sold, and more than 10 still available? That's 3x how many one*day_bid has sold, a seller with 30x the feedback score of this seller. Yeah, I expect we'll be seeing a huge amount of negative feedback flooding this seller's account very soon.

• Like Like x 2
  2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well damn! That’s what I get for buying from them. I knew I should have gone with mascotzone. I bought from them before and I had a great experience. Lesson learned. Sob. Thanks fellas for the input.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sanity Bleeds

Another concerning listing is their WFC Siege Red Wings. They've supposedly sold 48 of them, with 2 left, but not a single feedback for any of them even from fake/padded accounts? As a simple comparison, freemantoys (a 13,500 feedback seller) has sold 99 of them, and received feedback for 41 of them. Not really a fair comparison, but sorta demonstrates how sketchy theirs appears because of it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, whenever I see a bunch of double up purchases it looks suspicious, like every person seems to make 2 purchases at once, it looks padded out

• Like Like x 1
  5. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thanks again. So f’n pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sanity Bleeds

Eh, that on it's own doesn't seem too suspicious too me, but when you see the same buyer purchase multiple items back to back from the same seller, but the items don't have a strong correlation to each other, besides being Transformers, that seems odd. If the buyer purchases the same item several times, that seems very odd. Also, if a ton of buyers keep buying the same item in close succession, despite it really not being a big demand item, that's pretty odd, too. Still, it's mostly any time you see a whole lot of purchases from first-time buyers, that's VERY suspicious.

7. Sanity Bleeds

It's frustrating, but keep your eyes on things and see if tracking is offered. If it does, see if it moves. and if it does, once it is handed to your domestic courier, contact them for details about the weight and dimensions of the shipment to confirm scammer shipments. If anything happens prior to this to give you concern, contact Paypal directly to open a case. It might take 10 days, it might take longer if tracking keeps updating, but they'll have you covered, especially if negative feedback starts flooding in like I imagine it will.

• Like Like x 1
  8. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thanks for the help. I’ll do exactly as you have described. The good thing is this was not a big ticket item. I have a few weeks to watch the tracking. It has moved a bit and is currently at a distribution center HANGZHOU, ZHEJIANG. We shall see what happens. Thanks as your advice will come in handy

• Like Like x 1
  9. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea now that I’m looking at his feedback a little closer, which I should have done in the first place, I see a very suspicious pattern. That’s what I get for trying to pinch pennies. I’m just glad I’ll be able to argue my case with PayPal. In the meantime there are other sources for goose and if this one falls thru I’m still good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this is not exactly good advice but I've been scammed about 3 times I think and every time it was by paying just a little under what the expected price would be. At this point a good price (even if it's only slightly) is a red flag for me.

Also just wanted to say I had a good experience with Cheertoys, I'd say I overpaid a bit for Scoria, his stuff isn't cheap but the shipping by UPS from China was quicker than I've seen (During a time when Baba wasn't able to even ship to Canada) but the packaging was super lightly packaged with just bubblewrap and a bag so the box got a little tenderized, but everything's generally good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Excellent! Thanks man! Yea, I hear ya on the savings. Even I know better than to try and save a couple of bucks, but his 100% feedback duped me and I didn’t do my homework and really dig deep on the feedback. I’m going to look at mascotzone and cheertoys as well. Those were the other two I was actually looking at and at the last second I chose that other buyer. Ah well it happens, but that will be the last time I do that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

An update on Aklauser. They have shipped my items via UPS today. Looking at the tracking the destination is correct, and the weight is 8 kg. Regarding the weight I think that is reasonable. I ordered FansToys Maverick, Goose, and Sheridan, so I think that it’s actually them and not cans of silicone (hopefully).

• Like Like x 3
  13. svek

svek Well-Known Member

I've stopped using Ebay chinese sellers altogether unless it's really 5 digit feedback or a 10yo account. If I have to order something from China that went out of stock from my trusted retailers, I may as well use Aliexpress which is safer + often much cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jma141

jma141 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any bad experiences with Mascotzone? They have a few of the ones I missed the past few months but I thought I'd check here first.

I'm a member of a couple TF groups on FB and it's disgusting to see how people are getting boxes full of garbage from China instead of what they paid for.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. posternumber1000

posternumber1000 Active Member

Funny you post this. I bought the IT Megatron, the Zeta Jazz, and the THF01J Soundwave with tapes. Bought them all on April 26 and I got tracking numbers a couple of days later. About half an hour ago, I got my first box. He said he shipped the Soundwave and the tapes separate and sure enough I have a good looking Soundwave. Box was a little worn but looks like shelf wear or maybe that the box was opened and then closed? Nothing visibly wrong with the figure and all parts are there. So 1 for 4 so far! The other 3 are still in transit and haven't hit the US yet though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. jma141

jma141 Well-Known Member

Glad you got some of your order. Here's hoping the rest arrives shortly!

Years ago I used to buy/sell movies on Ebay/Paypal and it was nothing but a headache dealing with oversea scammers. Getting help from Ebay was like trying to hunt for ghosts.

17. posternumber1000

posternumber1000 Active Member

Ugh I can imagine. I'd never done it before and only recently decided to add some quality transformers to the toy shelves. I'd been kind of lurking around reading these boards and decided to try to buy a few all at once. In retrospect, I really should have just bought one and waited. But hopefully since the first one came in ok and they were all mailed at the same time, i should be ok. But I've definitely been much more concerned after I started reading everything in these threads. It's just a last resort option now if I can't find something I really want.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wuggaroo

Wuggaroo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone purchased from toyfly2015 lately? I purchased a goose from them a week ago and I haven’t gotten a shipping update yet. I messaged them about two days ago and I haven’t heard back yet.

19. Sanity Bleeds

Not real recently, as their pricing usually doesn't seem very competitive unless they're one of the only sellers with an item, but nothing about them really raises any red flags. I'd give them another day or two after the weekend to respond, but if they don't or the response isn't satisfactory, contact Paypal, and maybe that will get the ball rolling for them to get in contact. Another possibility, given the high number of offerings, they may not be in direct possession of many of the items they sell and could be waiting on a distributor to forward the shipment, either to them to disperse, or for the distributor to ship to you?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wuggaroo

Wuggaroo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks!