China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. LukeJH

LukeJH Well-Known Member

I'd say one thing you can do is just type the seller's name into the TFW search bar and read the posts that come up in the results. You'll often find out who the good sellers and shady sellers are pretty quickly that way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jtwong27

jtwong27 Well-Known Member

eBay scammers are getting more tricky...on the fanstoys group on Facebook, a couple of members got scammed but the seller sent the actual box of the toy they were buying. It was sealed with the fanstoys tape and inside it was junk. A note to everybody...when you open your package..take a video at the same time in case you need it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    I've been doing that since my first empty envelope :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

This sorta thing really irks me, mostly because a collector that wants to keep an item as mint as possible may never even open it, and they become an unwitting scammer themselves if they ever try to pass it on, essentially screwing over twice as many buyers.

What makes this all even more problematic is that FansToys releases seem to be increasing more and more in popularity with scammers (and collectors as well, naturally) probably more so than even KO MP releases at the rate scamming is going.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I did do that. With each of the sellers I purchased from. At the time people left absolutely no negative feedback about them.

@Sanity Bleeds , what do you think about mr.brian2009?

6. Sanity Bleeds

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a double-edge sword. In many cases, nobody tends to find out a seller is a scammer or gone rogue until naive newer buyers get scammed. There are many things to look out for with scammers in the making, but when a better-known seller goes rogue, too often the only warning comes from people getting scammed and reporting back a month after the purchase date, when dozens of others have since been scammed as well. Sure, Paypal will cover your money, but sometimes there's no replacing the loss of time waiting for an item that may have gone out of stock/production and you can't find anymore, or at least not at a price you can justify. Losing money is one thing, losing an opportunity is much worse.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

I cracked and decided to ask them if they shipped anything yet. The response was that the items will be shipped on Monday. It's fishy because that email felt like it used the same basic template as the last one. They just replaced "tomorrow" with "Monday."

I'm thinking filing for a paypal refund is definitely in my future here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sanity Bleeds

Not much immediately stands out as unusual about them, but their setup and listings are extremely similar to yellowb_85 on eBay and by extension, one*day_bid on eBay with all of them from Shanghai, almost all using the same page formats, and many completely identical item listings. (In that context, I'm a bit put off by the fact yellowb_85 has only been around about a year, only has 260 feedback, but has 1500 item listings up.)

But as for mr.brian2009, their feedback seems solid. They've been around over a decade, their feedback doesn't look padded, their item prices are higher than average on many items, especially rarer pieces. They have a solid history of feedback for high priced and rarer items, and have a decent list of transactions in DVDs and other odd items here and there. No unusual sales discounts or high stock of rare items. Nothing at the moment seems really suspicious about them that I can see.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Wow...2 items from separate sellers with no updates for a very long time finally showed up in the US today(One of them shipped back at the end of February!)

10. bakerjin

Glad to hear that! I still have a shipment from a 2/22 order that hasn’t had any updates... hope it makes it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MagnusAfterDark

Fingers crossed, bud!

12. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

my it01 from mascotzone is showing signs off life

i did message them to ask what was going on they answered asked me to give till mid june, a few days later i had my fiirst tracking update in well over a month so it seems like there's progress, i had given up

• Like Like x 1
  13. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So what was the progress on the tracking update? That it landed in your country or that it's still in China somewhere?

I only ask because it seems like some of these guys like to try and keep the milking window open as long as possible. That means delaying everybody's shipments long enough so that they can make more money before they close up shop when the first negative feedbacks come streaming in.

Not saying that's the case here at all, but the fact that you had your first update in over a month doesn't look good (unless it's stuck in Shanghai; that seems to be a legit place right now for shipments to get hung up in). Good luck either way; they were one seller I was watching closely on here because of some of the supposed items they have in stock were ones I wanted too. Was waiting to see if it was safe to pull the trigger or not.

14. MagnusAfterDark

I've got something coming from Mascotzone, I paid extra for Yanwen as I didn't want to wait 3 months on China Post. It's been in Jamaica, NY for about 10 days(which a few people said was normal). I'll update everyone when it finally shows up. Hoping for the best here!

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A good seller has just gone bad.
    shwi7900 (formerly shwi790) is now on the bad sellers list.

upload_2020-5-31_12-46-48.png
    upload_2020-5-31_12-47-42.png

upload_2020-5-31_12-48-39.png

upload_2020-5-31_12-49-11.png

• Like Like x 4
  16. bakerjin

That’s unfortunate. I remember I was considering purchasing from him but abstained. Guess that was a good call.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some sellers on AliExpress are going rogue. Might need a list of the reliable and safe sellers to make purchases with and which ones to avoid on that platform.

18. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Anyone ever buy from this seller. I just want to make sure I don’t get scammed. I mean I already bought it because the feedback looked very legit. Thanks for the help fellas.
    DD0022C2-B3C9-4200-8392-A01215386496.png

19. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

They have a lot of feedback from people who themselves have almost no feedback, which is worrying.
    2020-05-31_22-55-19.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    That is the sort of feedback that sets alarm bells ringing :eek: 

• Like Like x 1