China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Not much immediately stands out as unusual about them, but their setup and listings are extremely similar to yellowb_85 on eBay and by extension, one*day_bid on eBay with all of them from Shanghai, almost all using the same page formats, and many completely identical item listings. (In that context, I'm a bit put off by the fact yellowb_85 has only been around about a year, only has 260 feedback, but has 1500 item listings up.)

But as for mr.brian2009, their feedback seems solid. They've been around over a decade, their feedback doesn't look padded, their item prices are higher than average on many items, especially rarer pieces. They have a solid history of feedback for high priced and rarer items, and have a decent list of transactions in DVDs and other odd items here and there. No unusual sales discounts or high stock of rare items. Nothing at the moment seems really suspicious about them that I can see.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow...2 items from separate sellers with no updates for a very long time finally showed up in the US today(One of them shipped back at the end of February!)

3. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that! I still have a shipment from a 2/22 order that hasn’t had any updates... hope it makes it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed, bud!

5. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

my it01 from mascotzone is showing signs off life

i did message them to ask what was going on they answered asked me to give till mid june, a few days later i had my fiirst tracking update in well over a month so it seems like there's progress, i had given up

• Like Like x 1
  6. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So what was the progress on the tracking update? That it landed in your country or that it's still in China somewhere?

I only ask because it seems like some of these guys like to try and keep the milking window open as long as possible. That means delaying everybody's shipments long enough so that they can make more money before they close up shop when the first negative feedbacks come streaming in.

Not saying that's the case here at all, but the fact that you had your first update in over a month doesn't look good (unless it's stuck in Shanghai; that seems to be a legit place right now for shipments to get hung up in). Good luck either way; they were one seller I was watching closely on here because of some of the supposed items they have in stock were ones I wanted too. Was waiting to see if it was safe to pull the trigger or not.

7. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    I've got something coming from Mascotzone, I paid extra for Yanwen as I didn't want to wait 3 months on China Post. It's been in Jamaica, NY for about 10 days(which a few people said was normal). I'll update everyone when it finally shows up. Hoping for the best here!

8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A good seller has just gone bad.
    shwi7900 (formerly shwi790) is now on the bad sellers list.

upload_2020-5-31_12-46-48.png
    upload_2020-5-31_12-47-42.png

upload_2020-5-31_12-48-39.png

upload_2020-5-31_12-49-11.png

• Like Like x 4
  9. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

That’s unfortunate. I remember I was considering purchasing from him but abstained. Guess that was a good call.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some sellers on AliExpress are going rogue. Might need a list of the reliable and safe sellers to make purchases with and which ones to avoid on that platform.

11. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Anyone ever buy from this seller. I just want to make sure I don’t get scammed. I mean I already bought it because the feedback looked very legit. Thanks for the help fellas.
    DD0022C2-B3C9-4200-8392-A01215386496.png

12. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

They have a lot of feedback from people who themselves have almost no feedback, which is worrying.
    2020-05-31_22-55-19.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    That is the sort of feedback that sets alarm bells ringing :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sanity Bleeds

So, for easier searches, it helps if you can post a direct link to their seller page shenglitiantian on eBay or even just type out their username for easier lookups, but to that, they look VERY shady. 106 of their 200 most recent feedback are from buyers with less than 10 feedback, with the majority (40) having only 1, and (35) having just 2 feedback, and at least another 10 from unregistered accounts. 72 of those 200 are for G1 Reissues (not a guarantee of anything, but a common sighting from scammers moving cheap KO reissues, plus the fact not a single one reported damaged or broken is practically unheard of). This trend continues back to the previous 400 feedback as well.

Then there's the suspicious listings themselves. A prime example, FansToys Iceman, 32 already sold, and more than 10 still available? That's 3x how many one*day_bid has sold, a seller with 30x the feedback score of this seller. Yeah, I expect we'll be seeing a huge amount of negative feedback flooding this seller's account very soon.

• Like Like x 2
  15. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well damn! That’s what I get for buying from them. I knew I should have gone with mascotzone. I bought from them before and I had a great experience. Lesson learned. Sob. Thanks fellas for the input.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sanity Bleeds

Another concerning listing is their WFC Siege Red Wings. They've supposedly sold 48 of them, with 2 left, but not a single feedback for any of them even from fake/padded accounts? As a simple comparison, freemantoys (a 13,500 feedback seller) has sold 99 of them, and received feedback for 41 of them. Not really a fair comparison, but sorta demonstrates how sketchy theirs appears because of it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, whenever I see a bunch of double up purchases it looks suspicious, like every person seems to make 2 purchases at once, it looks padded out

• Like Like x 1
  18. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thanks again. So f’n pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sanity Bleeds

Eh, that on it's own doesn't seem too suspicious too me, but when you see the same buyer purchase multiple items back to back from the same seller, but the items don't have a strong correlation to each other, besides being Transformers, that seems odd. If the buyer purchases the same item several times, that seems very odd. Also, if a ton of buyers keep buying the same item in close succession, despite it really not being a big demand item, that's pretty odd, too. Still, it's mostly any time you see a whole lot of purchases from first-time buyers, that's VERY suspicious.

20. Sanity Bleeds

It's frustrating, but keep your eyes on things and see if tracking is offered. If it does, see if it moves. and if it does, once it is handed to your domestic courier, contact them for details about the weight and dimensions of the shipment to confirm scammer shipments. If anything happens prior to this to give you concern, contact Paypal directly to open a case. It might take 10 days, it might take longer if tracking keeps updating, but they'll have you covered, especially if negative feedback starts flooding in like I imagine it will.

• Like Like x 1