China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MeisterTFFan

MeisterTFFan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am in the same boat with Iceman. I ordered from the Baba site and then he had me pay through PayPal. It was accepted at the Tainjin mail center on 5/13 and no updates since then. Where I order from terrytfsclub on 5/16 and I am receiving my package today. Baba did send it China Post while Terry sent it CNE.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had to pay extra, but it was only $8USD, versus the $18USD with ShowZ, but ShowZ sent my order with CNE, which got here in about 10 days, whereas Baba sent China Post, which will likely be at least 10 days before I find out it even left China. This is further frustrating given a bunch of US retailers had this particular item in stock a month ago, too... Just part of the times we're stuck in now, I guess.

3. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience watching Yanwen tracking from china? I feel like it got to the US(if I'm reading it correctly) about a week ago and is now just sitting...somewhere?

upload_2020-5-27_11-6-5.png
    Which I assume means it's handed or to usps?

This is all the info I have for usps:
    upload_2020-5-27_11-4-49.png

4. Sanity Bleeds

Oh fun, I haven't had a package come through the Jamaica, NY hub in a long time. My packages used to sit there for about 8-12 days, then bounce around a couple nearby hubs for a few days, then just appear in my own state out of nowhere. Have only had like 2 Yanwen shipments in the last year, so memory is pretty thin other than them arriving normally. But yeah, Jamaica, NY used to mean my package was about 2 weeks away from delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    I’m in the same boat. And last time is just appears on the porch one day.

• Like Like x 2
  6. VicRav

VicRav Well-Known Member

Is hzj401 no longer selling on ebay? I no longer see any listings for when I select his store from my saved seller list.

7. Sanity Bleeds

Not sure if you need to play with your region settings, but they show 1,040 item listings for me right now.

8. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So defa_xiws121-7 is definitely one of the latest additions to the rogues gallery. Didn't even have the decency to send me a knock of LEGO figure either, just some stupid envelope.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Boo, but good to know. I already opened my Paypal dispute.

• Like Like x 2
  10. posternumber1000

posternumber1000 Active Member

I have another update on mascotzone order. Per tracking, it shows it left NY, got to Atlanta, and then departed USPS Regional facility this morning. So I should have it any day now. Hoping it’ll be a soundwave or his tapes (he messaged me at the beginning and said he was sending them in two boxes)

• Like Like x 1
  11. jtwong27

jtwong27 Well-Known Member

I ordered a roadking from Terry TFS club and he used CNE for shipping. The shipping had been stuck since May 22 with a status of "release from us import customs" Los Angeles international airport. I tried the tracking number that was used on their CNE site at FedEx and USPS but they all returned with invalid number. Any idea if the tracking number should be different state side? One other thing, one of the earlier tracking messages said the shipment information was sent to FedEx.

12. Sanity Bleeds

The number should be different. For me, the number pulled up automatically in my Fedex Delivery Manager as soon as it was moving (in fact there was initially an error where it showed 2 different shipments to me, with the same original CNE tracking number attached) with these shipments, you also have the added complication that they're usually also transferred over to USPS for the last mile delivery, although, on more than a few occasions, I've head Fedex deliver them to me anyways, on a Sunday...

• Like Like x 1
  13. jtwong27

jtwong27 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I sent a message to CNE express and they got back to me with the FedEx number!

14. Masterpiece Collector

Masterpiece Collector Member

eBay came through for me regarding my purchase with qintianyu-Ming. I messaged the seller multiple times with no response, put in a request to return the item (even though it had not arrived and was before the expected delivery date), I waited the allotted 5days for the seller to respond to which he did not. As soon as I allowed to ask eBay to step in within 1hour they refunded the full cost. Was pleasantly surprised with how helpful and fast they were. Seller posted a fake tracking number and never did ship the package.

Now I’m onto the toyworld seller disputes in the same fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bakerjin

Now that I’ve been scammed again, anyone know where I can get Gigapower HQ04R from a reputable seller for a decent price? I’m giving up hope :( 

16. Masterpiece Collector

My 3 orders were never shipped... a bogus tracking number was provided and the item was never shipped, prices on all 3 hard to find 3P figures price was to good to be true but seller at the time seemed legit.

17. Masterpiece Collector

Got mine at tfsource a month ago, keep an eye there just in case they get more. I tried to get HQ-02R on eBay but I think I will wait to buy through tfsourse of BBTS even though the wait is going to drive me nuts.

18. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

I think I’m getting scammed by eBay user Aklauser. I paid for my order in-full Sunday May 24. The listings say “usually ships within 4 days,” so I waited until Thursday May 28 to send them an email asking if my items were shipped yet. They replied promptly saying that my order would be shipped the next day, and a tracking number would be provided.

Now it’s May 30 and still no ship notification. I’ve decided to wait until Monday afternoon to send a final email if there’s no word on a shipment by then.

This is rather surprising. The seller has 100% positive feedback, though they did start on December 2019. I keep checking their feedback profile, and they still keep receiving positive comments from other buyers.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  19. Sanity Bleeds

A few posters asked about that seller and beenkeend at the end of last month, it was my belief that they were both likely the same seller, or closely associated, and recommended to avoid them due to their extremely short list of transactions, generic item listings, the very high number of item types available, but low number of available individual items, and their use of mostly stock photos. @nonoboy311 had posted at the beginning of May that they contacted both directly by email for photos of the actual items, but was presented more stock photos and then given the runaround. Personally, given they've nearly quadrupled their feedback in the last month, waiting until at least after Monday seems reasonable, but definitely recommend filing a Paypal case if nothing happens by then or if tracking doesn't start updating.

• Like Like x 2
  20. bakerjin

I just want to say again that I appreciate your help and due diligence with these sellers. You are definitely way more knowledgeable about the tricks that they use to scam naive people like me. I've been scammed on 3 out of the 5 ebay transactions I've made from Chinese sellers. Next time, I'm definitely going to ask you if the prospective seller looks legit :) 

• Like Like x 1