China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Joltyboi

Joltyboi Noob

Nothing yet, it's still in transit

2. Joltyboi

Joltyboi Noob

It's been in transit since the 14th. I'm sure that's fine but that's the only update for now.

3. SegaMegaOmegaMan

SegaMegaOmegaMan Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hey can anyone recommend a good seller with cheap prices that sells KO soundwaves?

4. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Seems to be an ongoing bit of frustration getting those. Personally went with the Robot Hero version that came with the the 6 cassettes, but it runs about $100-120USD. The THF version is also pretty good, but despite the number of listings, even from legit sellers, the question of actually having stock available is where the frustration comes in. I'd recommend if you go this route, contact the seller first to confirm actual stock.

As far as the straight, unbranded KO, there are quite a few unknown sellers with listings, if I was in the market, I'd probably go with this listing:
    NEW TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE COMMUNICATIONS MP-13 SOUNDWAVE LASER BIRD BOXED | eBay

There is a cheaper option from hbwh1 on eBay but I personally don't recommend them, despite their 1,200 feedback with 100% score, their feedback history looks highly suspicious. 308 of their most recent 400 feedback have been from buyers with less than 10 feedback, with the overwhelming majority being 1- (151) and 2- (123) feedback buyers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SegaMegaOmegaMan

SegaMegaOmegaMan Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it yo! I'm crazy so i think i will get both the robot hero and the unbranded since I'm starting a review channel in a few months haha. I hear this dude "bababobo" was it? Is like the most reliable? Is it worth a few extra bucks to buy from him? Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sanity Bleeds

In my opinion, it most often is, if for no other reason than their tremendous after-sales support, and their general aversion to selling cheap junk for a quick buck. At the moment, though, they are impacted by the same shipping hindrances as everyone else due to CV-19 with higher shipping rates and longer wait times.

As far as which to go with, I personally went with Robot Hero for Soundwave, and THF for Soundblaster and have zero regrets with either. Both companies did a fantastic job with the mold, better than the original I sold off long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SegaMegaOmegaMan

SegaMegaOmegaMan Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well that makes sense to me haha. Alright that settles it. Getting all 3 versions!

8. Sanity Bleeds

Will probably get even more exciting once FansToys releases their Acoustic Wave in the future as well. Suspect we'll see a whole bunch of other MP Soundwaves popping up for sale.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nebriowa

nebriowa Member

Update: I received the MP-15 KO from tj_dynng-8 and everything was as expected (it was the actual set). I ordered April 29 and it was delivered May 21.

The MP-30 KO I ordered from defa_xiws121-7 tracking still shows as "Acceptance" and the seller has not responded to my inquiries on delivery status.

The MP-36 KO ordered from toyclub89 is in the states now and should be delivered within the next 7-14 days, but I am fairly confident it will be an empty package or similar, seeing all the recent negative feedback on that seller's account.

10. Sanity Bleeds

If you have time, contact your local post office, or even submit an email on usps.com and see if they can confirm scan data on size, weight, and correct address. All of that can give you plenty of info to start the Paypal claim process early!

11. sjf173

sjf173 New Member

Ebay:
    Ordered fans toys soar and stomp on Apr. 11th from gackt80gackt81. They both arrived in the mail today.
    If anyone is looking for some out of print fans toys releases, check out his ebay page. He seems to have a good variety.
    Happy hunting.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

defa_xiws121-7 just got another negative feedback showing he's a scammer. Guess I have to figure my order is done for as well and now I have to look for Gigapower Stomp and Swoop elsewhere. Really stinks since I passed on bababobo when he had it in stock since it was cheaper from defa_xiws121-7, but now I'm SOL I guess.

13. Sanity Bleeds

Bummer. Definitely get yourself ready for the likely Paypal case fun.

At the risk of sounding like a gloating jerk, I am a little amused that suddenly my overly paranoid views I expressed of their feedback profile back on 15-May seem much less paranoid in hindsight.

14. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    it's weird though because the scamming from this seller almost seems random. Like I said, there was a guy on the FT FB group who got his 2 FT figs from this guy like 3 weeks ago so we'll see what happens. My Sludge is due to arrive tomorrow from the looks of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I don't think you're gloating at all and personally I find you very helpful. I did ask about this seller before I purchased from him and it didn't sound like anyone really had any bad experiences so I thought he was safe. I've been scammed 3 out of 6 times now, and a 4th package just never arrived (tracking is expired since I purchased it early Feb, but the seller refunded me with a lot of hassle).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sanity Bleeds

Yeah, the feedback for them was very unusual. It seemed so odd that a number of buyers kept buying the exact same things from them, plus the fact they had so many items listed with only a 1-2 in stock. Definitely not the usual signs of scamming, but a bit of a clever one just the same.

17. SegaMegaOmegaMan

SegaMegaOmegaMan Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    yeah im pretty excited to see whats done with the mold!

see i try to avoid sellers that have feedback for mostly one item. I avoided a seller that was selling mostly ko transformers, but had feedback multiple times from the same buyers over an over for "jade turtle necklace" etc haha. Now i am slightly worried i wont be getting the KO mp megatron i ordered from "wpj9xz1" because it was 27.77usd. The tracking number seemed legit untill it got stuck in "departure from origin country" for 6 days haha.

And im not so sure about the ko mp10 eva with the trailer an accessories i got from
    "liuya548" for about 25usd haha. Because they refused to give me a tracking number.
    Rip

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sanity Bleeds

For what it's worth, my tracking from Baba hasn't updated in about 5 days from once it hit Beijing, so I still don't even know if it's actually left China yet. 6 days from leaving the origin country isn't bad at all as far as updates.

As far as wpj9xz1, their feedback profile and pricing look so hilariously off that the real surprise will be if they somehow aren't a scammer. Also, the hilariously excessive amount of cheapo anime girl figurines they offer is pretty odd too (Don't look at me, this was entirely for research purposes!)

liuya548 isn't even registered anymore after 1 negative feedback, so you might want to just file that claim if you haven't already.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SegaMegaOmegaMan

SegaMegaOmegaMan Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Dang really? Well i figured it was a gamble anyways..... Atleast i can get my money back. I like to take the chance because worst case i get a cheap robot, best case i get my dosh back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sanity Bleeds

It's usually fine when it's a somewhat older and well-circulated figure, but what put me off the gambling on unknown sellers was the wait times, whereupon finding out you'd been scammed, the possibility of getting the item from a legit seller, or even just at a reasonable price may no longer be an option. Add to that the complications of getting broken or missing pieces and the seller either being unwilling, unable, or no longer in communication to rectify that, and you're stuck with junk even after a refund.

• Like Like x 1