China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Is there a thread to check feedback on asian online stores?

2. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I want to give some good feedback to Chinese ebay seller szzdjwl-99. It doesn't seem he has any items for sale in his shop currently, but that seems to change often.
    I ordered SXS Blurr and Planet X Perceptor from him at a pretty good discount on 4/26. The package arrived at my door yesterday and it was by far the best packaged box I've ever had, domestic or otherwise. The foam was expertly cut to perfectly fit both boxes in the larger packing box; it's honestly amazing he went to that trouble to pack it. There was no chance anything could move around even if people chucked it 10 feet in the air lol. Extremely pleased with this seller especially with my troubles with past sellers.

Now I hope that my order from defa_xiws121-7 will make it here in good condition as well. I ordered this on 4/28 but the tracking shows it still stuck in China lol...

• Like Like x 1
  3. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Yeah, Rodimus was a micromaster for G1 Star Convoy (not my pic or toys):

[​IMG]

Anyway, back on topic with China ebay sellers! :p 

• Like Like x 1
  4. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Anyone bought from seller jesseskyplay?

5. Ben1987Dinobots

Ben1987Dinobots Member

Query on Chinese eBay sellers - I see alot of FansToys in stock and shipping from China - are they reliable?

6. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Hard to say without a specific seller or item listing to reference, but on one hand, there are plenty of legit sellers with FansToys offerings, on the other, FansToys releases seem to be one of the biggest draws to lure in unsuspecting buyers for scammers. If it's a brand new release, it's more likely to be legit, older and rarer releases are probably more likely to be scammers.

7. Ben1987Dinobots

Ben1987Dinobots Member

Thank you for the advice!

8. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

Finally an update on my outstanding AliExpress orders going back to the 30th March (THF Hyper Magnum) and 2nd April (IT 01 Megs).

Kind of gave up watching the various tracking apps as last update was 16th April for the Ultra Mag figure and 1st May on the Megs figure.

Just went on to parcelsapp.com and the Ultra Magnus figure has arrived at Heathrow airport and been released from worldwide distribution centre. Hopefully receive it early next week and see an update on the Megs figure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

hmmm toyclub89 seems to have closed up shop or ebay shut them down. It could be a general shipping delay but enough complaints about missing or non-tracking packages could of closed them.
    Also they knocked off 7.5% off their listings a week or so after I bought from them. Top notch seller since 2013.

toyclub89 on eBay

• Like Like x 1
  10. bakerjin

My order from defa_xiws121-7 hasn't moved from China in a couple weeks. I did a lot of checking on him and he seemed pretty legit (mostly positive feedback and the negative feedback seemed more about perhaps receiving KOs when they didn't read the item description, and the seller always responded) and the positive feedback weren't from new accounts. Items didn't seem too cheap compared to market value. But now I notice 1 new negative feedback (must have been this week since I didn't see it before) saying they got an empty package to trick them with a tracking number. Should I assume I got scammed and start opening a Paypal dispute?

11. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol I jumped on here after seeing the same thing to see what else everyone was saying. I know on the FT Facebook group that one guy ordered 2 figs from him and actually got them both (this was a couple weeks ago I think).

I've got a Gigapower Sludge that just made the last delivery leg in Indy before heading to me in Chicago that I ordered from him. Curious to see now if I'll actually get him or just an empty box.

I dunno if I'm right, but it seems like the new thing to do is to create an account, fill it with legit items to gain positive feedback. Send the legit items to buyers but after the legit items run out in the seller's inventory, they keep selling them to try and gain more money before closing up shop and just starting again with another new ebay account elsewhere. Hope that's not the case with this guy because I ordered Jabber and Hoodlum from him too. My rationale was that at least I'd be able to get my money back faster if I can prove to PayPal that one package they sent ahead of the other 2 was already empty. If I get scammed on this one I'm done with trying out untested ebay sellers; been burned too many times. It's just hard when you're trying to play catch-up on figures you never got and the legit stores don't offer them anymore. You always want to hold out hope that someone in China still has a figure you want and are going to honestly sell it to you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Synthwave

Ebay:
    I also wanted to say that I also just noticed that both mascotzone and clevertiger16 (both part of the same selling group) have now switched all their feedback to private, which isn't a reason for total alarm, but I've also seen sellers do this right before they go rogue. Just a heads up to anyone out there who ordered from them.

13. bakerjin

I actually purchased Gigapower Sludge and Swoop from him too on April 23. Please let me know if you get an actual figure or an empty box!

14. Synthwave

Ebay:
    Will do. Should be soon.

Lego figure? A piece of foam? Nothing? The actual figure? I'm breathless with anticipation lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with 026airsoft? I just ordered a Fanstoys Phoenix from him since it was the cheapest option and his selling history seemed reasonable enough.

Once I have Phoenix I'll have all the Fanstoys figures I want that I missed out on (since I didn't start collecting 3rd parties until earlier this year), and thus from now on I should be able to stay on top of pre-ordering everything I want from Showzstore. So hopefully I can finish this cleanly with one last roll of the dice, and then back away from this Chinese ebay seller game for the most part.

16. Sanity Bleeds

I've just within the last couple days noticed that seller pop up in a bunch of my searches, I think they're just now starting to sell TF items, especially given only having about 5 TF listings. On one hand, they seem to sell a whole bunch of random items, on the other, they don't really look sketchy, just someone who is trying to move bulk amounts of items, likely as a middleman? Might be worth a gamble on them this early, but they seem like the sort of operation that's still just setting up a foundation to go rogue later?

17. Sanity Bleeds

Maybe not automatically ASSUME you got scammed, but definitely be prepared for the possibility. If/when any of your shipments clear customs and are turned over to your postal courier, contact them directly and see if they can give you weight and dimensions of the shipment, that way you'll have a good head start with Paypal filing even before the item is delivered.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sanity Bleeds

Not the feedback as private, exactly, just the specific item listing corresponding to the feedback, but yeah, they appear to have also done this on the mascot_home, and mascotworld4u accounts too, but not on the wolvesbabies account, yet. While it's an odd move, not necessarily indicative of anything. Still, if it is a move towards scamming, it's actually a VERY scary one, because that means a collective of about 5 of more seller accounts, with a combined feedback score of over 8,000 (many individual accounts with over 1,000) has gone rogue, something that hasn't really happened much other than with zuochundong114, and jiangyaoming2018_0 in the past, both of which took hundreds of people for a ride before they got shut down. While I doubt this to be the scenario right now, it'd definitely be the biggest and most elaborate scam I've seen to date.

19. Wuggaroo

Wuggaroo Member

Ebay:
    I just ordered a few figures from clevertiger16. Let’s see what happens.

20. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

I've not purchased from airsoft97 whatever his or her name is but i wouldn't bother with transformers from that sort of seller from the hong kong china area i had an expirence with a seller called GKstatues from hong kong with similar feedback score, didn't look like a scammer just had negatives due to broken items ect ect so i though id buy maketoys meteor from them, complete waste of time tied up my money for 3 months

• Like Like x 1