China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

It's a bad situation either way, but in terms of scammer items, KO Lego men are about as exciting as it's gotten so far. Used to be tiny packs of beads, stickers, or hair bands; more recently sponges and batteries. Would be kinda fun if they stuck to the theme and sent random BotBots, BotShots, or Kreons, at least then there'd be a fun bit of anticipation to the scamming?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Powerglide70053

Powerglide70053 Yeah but (insert figure name) is no Voltron..

Tbh I've been scammed on Ebay before but usually the seller goes AWOL and that's the end. I have to admit receiving some random item kinda takes the edge off and has got me looking for the postman each day. I honestly didn't realise there was a pattern and a theme for fake sent items lol! Kreons would be more exciting though

• Like Like x 1
  3. Acayas

Acayas Well-Known Member

So at first my refund was denied by paypal because jingyuewl* (slight namechange) had a solid tracking number wich said "delivered" despite my claim of the wrong weight of the delivery. Our post office told me if the seller jumbled the address (on purpose or not) then it will not be scanned as delivered.

Paypal customer service told me to write a complaint and state all my facts again. I also asked the lady from our Post service for a written confirmation of the last scanned weight of that strange delivery and that made paypal believe me more than the tracking.

What still puzzles me is, what happened to the delivered mail in the pigeon-hole? Probably someone watched the mailman and took it afterwards? If the 132 grams were a padded envelope with a ko lego figure that would have made my day a lot easier to proof the scam.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sanity Bleeds

My past experiences, if the address is transposed or jumbled, the courier isn't SUPPOSED to deliver it, but I've had it happen in almost every case. I've even had the office claim that their GPS scan data shows delivery right by my home, even when the courier still wasn't out making deliveries, and assured me they hadn't. Most of my experience is, there are written rules and protocols for the job that they will quote you, there are flexible guidelines left to the couriers own judgement, and then there is what actually happens, often with new or backup workers who have little knowledge, experience, or good judgement.

5. Sanity Bleeds

To date, I've still never gotten a scam item in the mail. All of my scammers have either disappeared and never resumed contact, never sent anything, or in a few odd cases, the shipment disappeared before I could find out what it was. Only had a couple cases of a seller sending the wrong, but similarly named item by mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really, it's not silly and I'm not sure why you felt a need to pick my post apart, honestly. I get the point you're making but you yourself even said people asked and my response helps pad the positive side, so I don't get the big deal. We're asked to participate and contribute to the community and I've done just that.

Of all the things I could post that would warrant a negative comment, this seems like the most unimportant one to be triggered over.

7. Sanity Bleeds

Feels like you're choosing to take really strong offense to this and blowing my comment way out of proportion. To clarify, I do feel it's silly within the context that the majority of the sellers listed and asked about here tend to be the ones with less than 1,000 feedback. Add to that the very high frequency sellers listed here only hitting about 10,000, with even rarer exceptions like Baba hitting just over 20,000; so for a seller with 65,000 and a 99.8% feedback score over 15 years to even be asked about 2 times in the history of this thread 1 and 2 years ago, it does seem kinda silly to me for there to have been any question at all about their legitimacy, given that seller has a better feedback score than the entire good sellers list combined.

This is not intended as an attack or a criticism on you, and started out as a playful pointing out of the fact that if we can't trust a seller with 65k feedback, no metric anywhere on Ebay is reliable, but maybe I'm just not using the blue text enough to avoid these interactions?

8. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    431af246-5bb9-44c5-ae34-ff5a81a9a120.gif

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. Always make sure you make Ebay purchases using Paypal that way if you happened to get scammed, you can file your refund claim through Paypal instead of Ebay. Paypal usually refunds you much faster, 10 days or less, instead of having to wait until the end of the delivery window that the seller posted on Ebay which could take up to a couple of months.

• Like Like x 4
  10. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to repost but just wanting to know what people who have dealt with makeasy2u (lus8968) think? I'm looking to buy the KBB Hornets Agent and he has it listed in AUD so no currency conversion rates to worry about.

11. Sanity Bleeds

They're a massive middleman selling and shipping tons of stuff they know nothing about, resulting in lots of wrong items, damages, and little response to problems. They're not scammers, they just don't care. If it's a bulky item you know would be hard to break and you don't care about packaging, they might be worth rolling the dice, but otherwise, might want to skip them for someone a bit more specialized.

• Like Like x 3
  12. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Really considering just for the fact he has it listed in AUD as I got screwed recently by PayPal on a refund where the currency rate had changed between purchase and refund.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wanted to mention I purchased from cunf8-92 on eBay a few months back and the package was apparently lost in transit. Looking at the tracking it just never showed up as updated again on tracking sites. It was marked as "expired" in tracking. The seller was very apologetic and very helpful and offered to refund the order without me even asking. While I never got an item, they seem like a legit seller.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sanity Bleeds

Just for laughs, have you tried looking it up again since? I've had packages go over 2 months without an update, tracking in 17track say expired, and then pop back up again out of nowhere a few days before delivery.

15. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have, it's still MIA. I am still holding out hope it will show up and I'll re-pay for it.

upload_2020-5-21_10-34-5.png is still the last update.

16. Sanity Bleeds

Wouldn't be the weirdest thing, but that's still ridiculously long to wait for anything, even if customs were backed up over the holidays.

17. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Not really but means most of the time some customs clearance costs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. posternumber1000

posternumber1000 Active Member

Apologies on missing your response, but on mascotzone, they did give me tracking numbers. Sorry. I thought I mentioned that. It was just that they were sitting still for a few weeks. But it actually just updated today that it's:

20 May 202022:16

Processed Through Facility. Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:16 pm on May 20, 2020.ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

So one of the packages is at least (in theory) in the US. So I assume I'm getting a box of some sort at least. Ha. But yes. I got tracking numbers almost immediately. It just took about two and a half to three weeks for them to go from China to here with an update. I'll update further once I get this box (assuming I do) and on what happens with the others.

And thanks for the advice. These are the first I've done from China so I was a little skeptical, but it's helped reading a lot of what people are saying. If I get the same results from the haron5, I'll go the same route. Thanks muchly.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sanity Bleeds

Assuming your local courier doesn't cover the customs costs with the understanding you'll pay them back to get your package, don't most customs offices contact you within a couple weeks to notify of costs to clear? Seems like roughly 2 months without update or notice would imply either a huge backlog, or a list shipment?

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits: