China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Slayer

Slayer Active Member

hi.i have buy the it-01 megatron from mascot_home(3rd february),unfortunately,the shipping have been stop(have been return to him) and im stuck,he have offered a refund witch is really ok from him,but i have ask him to keep it until shipping resume.now i wonder if its a trap somehow cause i have see the price have gone up,plus he charge an extra for shipping.i have buy from him the same day an thf soundwave,and i have received it 2 week ago.so now what im wondering,if its he keep it cause it cost more for shipping..and i cannot request a refund cause delivery date is for 27 may..i am rather new to buying on ebay,so i guess i dont see how i can ask for a refund until shipping date have been passed..i dont really like the situation im in now..can i trust him for shipping it when he can,or i dont know....i was thinking buying it from EYOU but on the top of the page it says that shipping is suspend...if anyone have some idea what i should do ,would be really appreciated.but otherwise,mascot_home have delivered to me..

ho before i forgot,the first time he shipped it to me,it was return cause of a security issue(my guess its the battery in it)..he have resend it,but then,the shipping was interrupt...

if anyone have some hint for me what should i do,and how i can ask for a refund
    i would really appreciated..tks

ps:i have send him a message to thank him for my thf soundwave,but strangely,he didnt reply,when generally,he reply very fast...i found that strange

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking for an FT Scoria yesterday and he has one that seems underpriced with a “discount” that I was always seem to see on pre-scammers and has 5 available. It might be legit but it’s sets off my scam radar. I ended up paying more going with cheertoys, I’ll let you guys know how that goes.

Also when I was sending questions about the product to Cheertoys and Mascotzone, Cheertoys got back to me but Mascotzone just never responded.

0608CD89-DF01-43D7-9266-2024D6BAC005.png
    B7991526-7DA7-4487-8C42-B7451423BF82.png

3. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    if your order hasn't been shipped out yet and it's on hold, you can send a message directly to him to request to cancel the order. just explain that you changed your mind and ask if he can issue the refund that he offered before.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    well, here's hoping with fingers crossed that the seller/listing is legit and/or doesn't get cancelled because it was a listing error by the seller. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Slayer

Slayer Active Member

well..the thing is ,it have been shipped,but it supposed to have return to him..the tracking number now tell me its expired (LO839016670CN)
    so i cannot ask to cancel....what can i do?open a paypal case?or wait after may 27,,when its the max date to received my item..im a bit new to this :( 

hoo and the tracking of ebay is fucked-up...i have received some stuff like 1 month ago,and their tracking doesnt reflect this...shsssss

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    but he offered to refund you, right? just follow up with that message. there's a record of all your conversation with him on eBay unless you deleted them. just ask and see what he says and go from there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Slayer

Slayer Active Member

hey tks for your input,i appreciated it...so should i just send him a message telling him to refund me?or is there something else i need to do?tks

• Like Like x 1
  8. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    no, just message him and ask if he's still willing to give you the refund that he offered you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slayer

Slayer Active Member

thank you ....it pissed me off cause i really want that it-01..so im a bit trapped,if i buy it from someone else if they will have the same shipping problem,or if i re-buy it from him at a bigger price (about 20 cad) now,
    Miraculously ,the shipping will work..what a mess,shsss

10. Joltyboi

Joltyboi Noob

New update. I got notifications about it being tracked. Nothing too important just that it is in transit. I did say I'd update on every little thing.

11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep us posted on how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Funny, you're now the 5th person to post in this thread in about 2 weeks asking if this seller is legit, and in each of those cases, myself and a few other people have all said the same thing; this seller looks like a complete fraud and to avoid.

Unfortunately, sellers usually don't get moved onto the bad list until a number of people report confirmations of being scammed. This is why the search feature at the top of each thread is useful, and you can even filter it to search only within this thread.

I would strongly suggest in your case, as well as anyone else with suspicious activity from a seller to contact them immediately, and if they don't respond satisfactorily or in a timely manner, open a case with PayPal immediately and let them do all the figuring out for you until you receive your item, or your refund. Don't keep playing the waiting game with the sellers you are suspicious of.

13. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    darn, oh well. i did a quick "google" search on the seller and i didn't get any results, should have done a better search directly here.

well i'm going to let this ride out and take one for the team to find out if this seller is scamming or not. right now it's only suspicion, and perhaps i'll luck out and you'll all be proved wrong! :p 

anyway, how can anyone open a case with either eBay or PayPal with no proof of any wrong doing yet??? o_O 

14. Sanity Bleeds

A seller not responding to you in a timely manner is all the suspicion you need to open a Paypal case. By all accounts you can open a Paypal case over anything, they'll give the seller time to respond, and rule based on that. The general recommendation here is to skip contacting Ebay for buyer protection, as they tend to be very slow and will wait sometimes months to step in if the seller indicated and extremely long wait time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    a seller can still respond favourably and you still can be conned. just look at the recent example of shifen187. he sent many members here KO lego figures, including myself. and i had sent him questions which he answered promptly before i made my purchase.

but yeah, looking at toyclub89 feedback more closely now does look very sketchy. so many one star rating users. :confused:  :( 

oh well, maybe my KO lego figure will be getting a friend soon and won't be as lonely. o_O 

16. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just curious, since I saw this same seller and am interested in something he has, what exactly would one ask to try and root out a scammer?

17. Sanity Bleeds

A seller responding favorably doesn't determine an outcome of a Paypal case. If tracking doesn't show movement, or the shipment doesn't show delivered, or the postage weight/dimensions don't match the product ordered, all the insistence in the world from the seller means nothing, you can still file a case at an time, and it will remain open until the seller either doesn't respond, or the shipment arrives and you didn't get what you ordered, or in the condition indicated.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sanity Bleeds

Ignoring their uncommon pricing, availability, and highly suspicious feedback, ask them to send a photo of the actual item in stock, or if multiples are listed, a photo of the overall stock. Many scammers or middlemen will simply show you stock photos of an item, not the actual product in-hand. This isn't a guarantee they won't scam you anyways, but it does eliminate a decent number of scam attempts.

19. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hm, pretty smart. I shall try this. Lets see how he responds.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    i was referring to dealing with a seller prior to purchasing and shortly after making a purchase before you begin to suspect a possible rogue seller or scam happening.

anyway, i made poor quick judgment last last night in my purchase with toyclub89. i shouldn't have hastily click the purchase without taking a better look his feedback. though i'm still puzzled at his feedback. as clearly there's a lot of fishy feedback going on, but mixed in between all that, there looks to be a spurts of legit ones.