China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Joltyboi

Joltyboi Noob

I just bought an IT-01 MP36 KO from mascotzones about 30 minutes ago. I'll keep posting updates on if anything happens. It should ship in about 5 days so I should also have a tracking number then.

2. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got my Dx9 Gabriel. Arrived yesterday at my home.

52 days from order to receipt. As I’ve said before in here, it was held up at Shanghai customs for circa 5-6 weeks between 16th March and 17th April going off several tracking apps.

The parcel was in good shape on receipt. No exterior damage sustained. Corners were protected with plastic protectors and the packaging covered in bubble wrap as well as additional masking tape holding everything in place. A thick outer cardboard box was used. The same seller has done the same for all items I have purchased from them. On opening the outer box it was nice to see the Dx9 Gabe product box within.

Up until this purchase the same seller has completed paperwork in a way that has helped to ensure no customs fees. Sadly, this purchase has got scrutinised by UK customs and the customs fee levied was $15 and $15 for the admin fee. Total outlay by me for the product, shipping and fees was £223. ($277). Yes I could get the product from BBTS for $170 but all other costs would bring me in above what I paid. TFS Express offering it for £250 on pre-order. I’d go that route if you are a UK buyer.

Opening the product box (no damage) and seeing the product protected within a thick polystyrene box which was cellotaped well to keep all in place was a positive sign.

When I extracted the bot from within the polystyrene box, no noticeable scratches/marks/breaks or discolouration.

Hopefully I will get a chance later today to properly check it over.

I am very happy with the purchase.

Well done one*day_bid.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. nebriowa

nebriowa Member

I recently bought MP-15 KO from this seller. They shipped the item out pretty timely and provided tracking, and the package has been moving/updating and cleared customs. I will post here if/when package arrives.

Side note: I also made purchases from defa_xiws121-7 (MP-30 KO) and toyclub89 (MP-36 KO) on the same day. I made these impulse purchases, and later got concerned and stumbled on to this forum. Wish I would have found the forum first. These two items seem to be shipping much more slowly (acceptance and shipment data received).

4. Joltyboi

Joltyboi Noob

I'll probably do updates on every little thing since I have nothing better to do. Quarantine am I right? Ha ha. But here is the update for anyone who cares. I just got messaged this about an hour ago "Hi,thanks for your purchase,we will ship this item out in about 3 days,please note the shipment will take much longer than before at this situation,it may arrive there at the middle or end of June,any question,please contact with us freely,best wishes!!" I'll keep you up to date on anything else.

5. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

No sure if there is a forum for this, but has anyone bought from Aliexpress and had a bad experience with a seller sending something broken or not at all? How does it work and are their sellers more problematic than EBay sellers who have gone rogue?

6. Slayer

Slayer Active Member

7. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  8. jtwong27

jtwong27 Well-Known Member

Lol was about to post the same

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Should have been fairly obvious. 136 of their 200 most recent feedback were all from 1-4 feedback score buyers with copy and pasted feedback comments. So basically, almost their entire feedback history was a scam, then you factor them being an unknown, low-feedback seller that just happened to have over 30 of a FansToys release that most major sellers were doing good to get 5-10 of? Everything about them sorta screamed red flag. Hopefully everyone involved is already getting in contact with Paypal in anticipation of their sponge deliveries.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jtwong27

Very true..

I ordered 2 figuarts like characters from anime slam dunk from seller below..what do you think ..anything raises any flags. They used Postnl as their method of shipping

sissy_lai on eBay

11. Sanity Bleeds

I don't know enough about their offerings to make any useful determination on pricing or likely availability, but their feedback looks pretty legit. They've been on Ebay for nearly a decade and show a modest amount of average sales in that time, with a number of frequent, repeat buyers, but not so many it looks like padding. Nothing really stands out as unusual to me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jtwong27

Cool thats what I had thought as well. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

14. Venomboy808

Venomboy808 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is a sweet info.. thank god i bought it from the mascotzone which is on the good list.. they seem pretty good so far.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Great to hear it made it! I was curious because I have some stuff I ordered around the same time and it hasn't been updated in a while, what method of shipping was it? E packet, etc. And did you see any shipping updates before it arrived or did it show up out of the blue?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joltyboi

Joltyboi Noob

Very small update on mascotzone for anyone who cares. I said I would do updates on every little thing lol. He is very responsive. This could be due to quarantine but it is important in my opinion. I live in the US and he is in from what I assume is China. I was messaged a day ago about the shipping and stuff and responded with a question about a tracking number. He responded within an hour. That's all I'll keep you up to date if you are following.

17. Joltyboi

Joltyboi Noob

Yeah the list at the beginning is really good. I also bought from mascotzone.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello MagnusAD,

I think early March to mid-March purchases were hit and miss with being exported from China certainly to the UK where I am. I’ve seen the 18th March date being a cut off or shut down point.

That Dx9 Gabriel I ordered on the 11th March and I purchased from the same seller a few days after x4 KO MPs. The latter items were shipped using China Post on the 14th March and departed China on the 18th March. They were handed over to Hermes who delivered to my home on the 21st March. So 7 days from placing order to delivery.

The Dx9 was shipped via China Post as well on the 16th March (a couple of days delay between seller and collection) which I think was the game changer and then the item stayed in Shanghai Customs till it was released on the 17th April to be exported. No updates on tracking apps between 17th March and 17th April as to what was going on. I’ve added some tracking app screen prints. I think also the size of the package and weight might have also been an issue. Parcelforce took over the delivering of the item from the UK side. It didn’t just arrive at my front door.

I have two AliExpress purchases (IT01 Megatron and THF Ultra Magnus) still trying to get to me but my concern is that they are doing the rounds of Chinese provinces from tracking app notes. Multiple attempts to get the parcels on flights but no joy. The bigger concern is that Chinese authorities just return them back to the seller. I paid very competitive prices and will not get those prices in the current market place. I secured decent discounts on the AliExpress site.

Which tracking apps are you using?

I’ve found the following are better systems to track and get details: I7Track, Postal Ninja and Parcels-Delivery Tracking.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sanity Bleeds

Personally, I tend to use 17track, but have also had some great luck with ParcelsApp as well. I especially like how ParcelsApp will give you a rough estimate on delivery time based on a set number of similar courier/origin/destination factors as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

I've been checking on the shipping platform's site as well as postal.ninja. I've never seen this message before(attached image). If my items do get shipped back to the seller, will that be represented in the tracking or do they just give up?

upload_2020-5-9_7-56-46.png

upload_2020-5-9_8-2-33.png

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1