China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting on two items from one day, I'm just guessing it's slower going that usual. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that!

• Like Like x 1
  2. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I'm sure you'll get them... one day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I think and doing. At the end of the day I’ve got the protection in place to be able to get a refund. Just the lost time and potentially not having anything to show for being patient is irritating. Quite trivial in the grand scheme of this pandemic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoSquale

GoSquale Active Member

Hello,

Has anyone bought from
    charmingtom (6585 )
    97.6% Positive feedback ?

I'm interested in Chromia (for $18.99) and the only thing a little unusual I can find is that he's listed the item twice. One as "buy now" (3 items left out of 10), and another as auction (starting bid at buy now price)

5. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Not sure where you're located, but at least from the US, there are more than a few cheaper options available with free shipping, versus the added shipping from this seller. As far as their feedback, what gives me pause is that they've been on eBay for almost 13 years, but have sold almost nothing in the last year and had mediocre feedback in that time. Additionally, their TF listings are pretty sparse, and seem to consist only of older mainline releases, and not much else at all.

As far as double listing the same item as both a BIN and auction, that's fairly common and nothing to be concerned about. Personally, unless you are getting a different shipping quote than the extra $5USD, I'd recommend shopping around for cheaper options, especially when so many sellers have this figure available.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GoSquale

GoSquale Active Member

Thanks. I live in Belgium, and for some reason, that one has become quite hard to find. I'm in no hurry though, and I think I'll wait for another opportunity to get it.

7. jtwong27

jtwong27 Well-Known Member

I agree too..the negative feedback doesn't look like the going rogue type. I bought a soar from them a year or so ago and had no issues. That said I still can't see any items for sale from one*day_bid and I don't see the server error on eBay.

8. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    Yeah their store isn't showing up for me either. No error for me either. I successfully bought from them 2 months ago. I do wonder if they're closing up shop temporarily since shipping from china is so bad right now. I have heard rumblings of limiting more shipments from China to US in the coming weeks. At some point for them, it's probably better to hunker down, wait out the virus, and re-open than weather all the bad feedback the slow shipping is likely to generate. Of course, that's just my thinking on it.

9. mp10

mp10 Well-Known Member

I got an item with bababobo coming and 1 with onedaybid as well .
    i have used one day before and always come through (no stickers or beads) with one day lol .
    before i found this site i got a few of them pesky beads some stickers where ok but not at £90 ok

10. Sanity Bleeds

Yeah, not seeing anything from them either, but I see most everything still listed with mr.brian2009 on eBay, who I'm convinced is either another account for One Day, or somehow directly affiliated. In the past, we've seen more than a few times where even Baba ran into issues with eBay and created a backup account to list and sell items after clearing out their main storefront, only to fill it back up about a month later. Maybe it's a similar scenario?

11. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you're just checking tracking through USPS, it will show Origin Preparing Shipment until USPS actually has it in hand in the US. If you want to track it progress while in China, you can use postal.ninja

And yes, I think COVID19 is delaying items. Either delaying them LEAVING China, or they're being held up in Customs here. Read my earlier post. I bought from a reputable seller, and they shipped within two days, but it still took nearly a month for me to receive it in Missouri. According to tracking it left a distribution center in China en route to Customs in Chicago on March 18th. It didn't actually get to Chicago and start being tracked by USPS until April 5th or 6th. Then I had it in hand on April 8th.

Point being, use tracker specifically for China Post tracking and understand there will be delays. USPS is running like clockwork here, it's just delays until they receive it for delivery.

12. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

There's issues with ebay with regards to showing items i think and its been that way for a good while now, certain sellers items not showing for sale in different regions, i'm not saying theyve not pulled there items but dont be surprised if its not a bug, one day bid always pul them off and relists so its nothing out of the ordinary

Anybody know where's the best place to pick up and thf or it01 megatron for rrp these days? looked around not really seeing much especially from reputable sellers

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  13. Sanity Bleeds

Infinite Transformation has a reissue of their Megs that's SUPPOSED to release by the end of this month at roughly $75-85USD. As far as THF's, Uncle Billy (johosontony on eBay) lists as having them in-stick at $108USD on their website. Can't confirm, but I wanna say there was supposed to be a THF reissue late last year, but I think it may not have? Mostly just the clear version available otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Leonwave I would highly recommend going for the IT-01. It is the highest quality KO of MP-36. It even exceeds the quality of the official Takara MP-36.

The reputable sellers have preorders up for the next batch of IT-01
    [Pre-Order] Infinite Transformation IT-01 Emperor of Destruction Megatron
    Show.Z Store
    You may want to PM @ShowZStore to find out when they expect to have it in stock.

Pre-order Transformation Infinite IT01 MP 36 Megatron Action Figure | eBay
    Pre-order Transformation Infinite IT01 MP 36 Megatron Action Figure | eBay

@Sanity Bleeds where did you see that it is coming this month? Can you post a link?

15. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I feel I should give a thumbs up to a seller named 8hk4428. My order with them is tied up with the Chinese postal service/customs/whateverI'mnot100%sure and has gone beyond the estimated delivery date, so the seller refunded me with the request that I pay them back if my item actually successfully gets to me. I appreciate that they are willing to take on the risk and trust me to pay them back if it ever goes through.

16. Sanity Bleeds

I looked up a long list of sellers at the time, the only one I can find right now after quick backtracking was TF-Safari, who sometime in March (a lifetime ago in Pandemic World) that it was due to release in mid-late April.

Also, cheapest price I remember finding from a reliable seller was $75USD from Sarah Zhang's own site:
    Infinite Transformation IT IT01 IT-01 Emperor of Destruction MP-36 MP36 Megatron Re-issue

• Like Like x 1
  17. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    Fwiw, I asked one day about the empty store and they responded:

Dear friend,we can see it in our page,and we don't know what is the problem,if you want to buy the item,you can tell us the name of it,and we will try to check our inventory to see if we have it in stock.Thank you.

Makes me think there is something region locked/viewable issue on ebay's side. Also, In my experience once a seller goes "rogue" they stop responding to messages. So I'm pretty sure we're all good with one day, just gotta be patient( I know it's hard, I'm chomping at the bit myself!).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sanity Bleeds

I looked up some old saved listings I had for them, and they still pull up normal and will even let me add to cart and checkout as normal, but as soon as I try to search for them directly, or even pull up their store or item listings, nothing comes up. Definitely think it's something region-specific going on.

Also, I can assure you from many, many past experiences, a seller still communicating is in no way an indication they have or haven't already gone rogue. I've had legit sellers with thousands of feedback lie and jerk me around and ignore me just as much as any scammer, if anything, the scammers who still communicated were much nicer and friendlier.

19. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input chaps

If the it01 is that close even if it was 2 or 3 months away i can wait, i just dont wanna do what i did with the gigapower chrome gutter and grassor is see that there's a pre order and assume "yeah it's coming i can wait" only to find out that this pre order is kinda bogus

I considered the thf because of the toy head and chest, which is something i'm not really to fussed about but i dunno there's something nostagic seeing megtron in a toy get up

There's something definently something screwy going on with ebay the last 6 months, for exmaple i'm always logged into ebay uk so often i'll click an ebay link posted here for an item you'll see the item for sale but then you'll check the other items for sale from the same seller and it will have 0 listed, i actually noticed the first time around the same time i pre ordered that ft16m so it's been going on for a while now and it's still happening

20. Sanity Bleeds

You're probably out on the G1 toy chest, but there was an upgrade kit, the MoDel Model-001 that came with some clear stand pieces, a light-up head, and 6 new faces, including the G1 toy head. You can find it a bunch of places all over for under $20USD.