China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Active Member

Glad to hear it! We need more sellers like that!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

So the THF Sonic Wave I ordered from shwi7900 came in today, along with the Quietus I ordered from szzdjwl-99. Both sellers get my seal of approval (unless they end up going rogue all of a sudden one day, but for now it looks good).

[​IMG]

Sadly their leader won't be joining them as soon as I'd hoped....curse you shifen187!

• Like Like x 3
  3. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Active Member

They look great! What's the difference between THF Sonic Wave and MP Soundwave? He looks so similar!

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is the quality of THF Sonic Wave?

5. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I've never owned the original MP Soundwave, but the only significant difference I know of is the addition of a flap that covers up the gap in Soundwave's alt mode:
    [​IMG]

The flap folds up nicely in Soundwave's robot mode as well, so it feels like it was always meant to be there.

There are no QC issues, the joints are all really tight, and the plastic doesn't feel any worse than what I'd expect of an MP. It feels less solid than Quietus but more solid than my official MP-28 figure.

[​IMG]

I bought Sonic Wave to be a placeholder until Fanstoys' Acoustic Wave came out, but I honestly wouldn't even mind it if he was my permanent Soundwave. Not bad for 45 bucks.

Edit: I did encounter one minor annoyance, however. Lazerbeak seems to be ever so slightly too big in cassette mode, so he doesn't properly eject. When the rest of my cassettes come in the mail (I ordered the regular KO versions of those) I'll see if they are better at ejecting.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Your THF Sonic waves comes with tapes right? If so which ones? Do you have the link?

7. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Here's the link.

The figure only comes with Lazerbeak. Lazerbeak is good quality, but as I mentioned before, he gets caught inside Soundwave and thus doesn't eject properly, I always have to stick my finger in to pull him out, which makes me think there's some difference in the mold that makes it not quite a perfect fit. I'm going to test it out with these cassettes...

Takara Transformers MP-15 Rumble&Jaguar MP-16Frenzy&Buzzsaw kids toys gift | eBay

...which I ordered awhile back. So hopefully meng8_4788 turns out to be a good seller as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wonder if there is some excess hardened paint or flashing on Lazerbeak that you can sand or file down to prevent it from getting stuck.

9. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

It's possible. I'll probably give it a try at some point.

10. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN Well-Known Member

huh, what a coincident. i debated between THF and the MP-13 KO from shwi7900 and decided on the KO as it was only a few dollars more and it has all the ratchet joints. but it's been stuck at customs for over a week now! :mad: 

TAKARA Transformers MP13 MP-13 Sound wave Laser bird 2019 reprint in stock 53554921932 | eBay

I already got my set of KO MP cassettes, but from this seller, and it's a few dollars cheaper:

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP15/16 set version | eBay

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I thought the THF KO is better overall quality than the straight up Takara MP-13 KO.

12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN Well-Known Member

from what i've read/seen, it's a mixed bag between the two. both have there pros and cons, and depending your luck with QC you could get a decent one, or a complete lemon it seems.

but on eBay currently, i found the KO seemed to always be significantly more expensive than the THF, so i decided to jump on the KO when i found it almost the same price as the THF and from what looks to be a good vendor. aside from the ratchets, i wanted the KO as it's supposed to have better details on it compared to the THF, which aren't as defined and some details are simplified or even removed. honestly i'm not sure if i made the right choice.

13. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My MS-01X from Shwi7900 still hasn't left China as far as I can tell. It left some DC on March 18th, but no activity since.

I'm waiting on my refund via PayPal on my TE-01 from Shifen187. PayPal said it could take up to 60 days which didn't sound right. Last one was refunded in 10 days. Oh well.

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It left some DC?? Are you referring to Washington DC?

15. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    I wish. No. Distribution Center.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'd PM shwi7900 asap to find out what's going on. I recommend doing so at least once a week until you're satisfied on the progress of the shipment. Hopefully it won't go more than a couple weeks like that. As far as I know, shwi7900 is still legit.
    When did you place your order? Is the tracking number active at all?

17. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    Sorry, sorting center, not distribution center.

But yeah. I'll reach out to him.

Screenshot_20200326-234458__01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually in the US now, just waiting to be scanned in. Probably in NY customs hence the delay. NY usually takes the longest to process international packages and the Corona virus situation is likely adding to the delay.

19. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    That's why I wasn't too worked up. I did message shwi7900 to see if he could check on it. Probably nothing he can see that I can't,. It who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits: