China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can tell you from personal experience that opening the package makes no difference. You either got what you ordered, or you didn't.

2. RedShifter88

RedShifter88 Member

I very much believe this is occurring. At the very least, the split-personality of the seller account would imply “sharing” of the account in some way.

3. Necrobot

Necrobot Mechanoid Vivisectionist

Questions to anyone regarding those XTB Andras figures that Bababobo00712 had on preorder back in January and February...

I was one of those who preordered the reissue a few months ago. A couple posts back, I saw that he was shipping stuff out again.

However, you can't ship what you don't have.

I had never before 'added to cart' a preorder item from an eBay seller. But, after the success of my previous purchases from him, I figured I'd give it a try.

That said, given the current state of the world, we have no idea when X-Transbots will be able to complete production on their reissue of Andras... and we're all still waiting on Gravestone's Trailer.

So... what are people doing with their XTB Andras preorders from Bababobo00712?

It stands to reason that it could be such a significant amount of time until release, that some of our preorders might 'fall through the cracks'. Is anyone concerned about that possibility?

The next concern is more personally related to my own longevity in my job, but given the current state of affairs... I'm sure I'm not alone in this. After over a decade of employment, I'm not sure if my job will still exist by the time Andras is released.

So, I'm a bit torn between cancelling the preorder, or sitting tight... and doing my best to remain patient (but hopefully not 'a patient').

So I ask the community... What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers!!

4. RedShifter88

RedShifter88 Member

eBay sellers w7b1bz8 and ynsshangm158 should, at the very least, be on the “watch” list...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  5. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    The good thing is that I've not been out of pocket for any bad purchases so far as everything has been covered by eBay and refunded. Only inconvenience is having to wait and file the claim and again wait to get the refund. So not been dissuaded so far. Heck, even given the uncertainty of the pandemic, I've still just made a couple of purchases just this past week. Though I probably should have held off given a lot of borders have or will be closing down and will effect shipping and the potential of orders being stuck or held back may happen anytime soon. I already have an order from ShowZ that seems to be stuck at the airport in Shanghai as there has been no tracking update for 2 weeks. :( 

In the past couple months, I've been able to pick up most of the figures that interest me. The only one that I've missed out on that I really want to get a hold of for my collection is MS-Toys original MS-B18 Optimus Prime. I might just bite the bullet and order the newer metallic version that's still available, but don't thing the metallic will go well with the rest of my collection.

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure they are keeping their preorders in place. ShowZ's website also has Andras reissue available for preorder on their website and they're just as legit as Baba so no worries.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IHateStudy

IHateStudy Well-Known Member

8. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Their feedback looks pretty legit, limited as it is, and the only neutral/negatives are things out of their control. On the other hand though, their system of charging very low item prices and really high shipping is rather sketchy; and since eBay still calculates sales tax after shipping costs, removing any benefit to the buyer, especially when cutting out a huge chunk of Bucks bonus cash, it's even more sketchy. Barring some unforeseen benefit to under-declaring item prices from international sellers for "honest" customs paperwork, the only reason I can think for doing this is to land your item listings at the top of low-to-high pricing searches, which also adds to the shadiness. Personally, would skip them for now, at least until they have a larger number of feedback and better range of items and prices to gauge.

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
  10. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I hope I’m wrong, but I’m just putting this out there, as a warning to keep an eye on one*day_bid....... A quick search of this thread, showed that at least one person didn’t trust him.

Remember how jiangyaoming2018_0 ripped off a bunch of us at Christmas? He got me for the Weijiang Omega Drone for $145 shipped.

Well, one*day_bid has them for $155 shipped. Very low, and sounds too good to be true. Only 1 negative in the last month, but 44 in the last year. More about damaged goods than non-delivery, but still.......

11. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry at all. Only about 3 sellers have them even listed available, and of those 3, they're all about the same pricing. With over 22,000 feedback, if they were going to scam anyone, they'd certainly list more than 5 in stock. I would imagine this is more than likely a cheap sell off price to clear up space, because these take up a lot of it. As far as their negative feedback, the majority of it is things out of their control; slow shipping, lost packages, factory shortages, cancelled preorders, etc. In every case they appear to have refunded the buyer, and in most cases even responded to their feedback as well. If these guys turned out to be scammers, literally anyone from Baba to Best Buy is likely to be a scammer on eBay.

12. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got something from One day bid maybe a month ago, and it worked out fine. I have another item coming from them, but I'm just waiting at this point as it just has a tracking id and nothing else. It's been just a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stremblay

Stremblay Member

Made four different purchases with him via eBay since January. The first three arrived very quickly (and well packaged) and the fourth is on it's way. He's among the most reliable sellers at this moment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    Glad to hear it! We need more sellers like that!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

So the THF Sonic Wave I ordered from shwi7900 came in today, along with the Quietus I ordered from szzdjwl-99. Both sellers get my seal of approval (unless they end up going rogue all of a sudden one day, but for now it looks good).

[​IMG]

Sadly their leader won't be joining them as soon as I'd hoped....curse you shifen187!

• Like Like x 3
  16. MagnusAfterDark

News Credits:
    They look great! What's the difference between THF Sonic Wave and MP Soundwave? He looks so similar!

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    How is the quality of THF Sonic Wave?

18. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I've never owned the original MP Soundwave, but the only significant difference I know of is the addition of a flap that covers up the gap in Soundwave's alt mode:
    [​IMG]

The flap folds up nicely in Soundwave's robot mode as well, so it feels like it was always meant to be there.

There are no QC issues, the joints are all really tight, and the plastic doesn't feel any worse than what I'd expect of an MP. It feels less solid than Quietus but more solid than my official MP-28 figure.

[​IMG]

I bought Sonic Wave to be a placeholder until Fanstoys' Acoustic Wave came out, but I honestly wouldn't even mind it if he was my permanent Soundwave. Not bad for 45 bucks.

Edit: I did encounter one minor annoyance, however. Lazerbeak seems to be ever so slightly too big in cassette mode, so he doesn't properly eject. When the rest of my cassettes come in the mail (I ordered the regular KO versions of those) I'll see if they are better at ejecting.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Your THF Sonic waves comes with tapes right? If so which ones? Do you have the link?

20. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Here's the link.

The figure only comes with Lazerbeak. Lazerbeak is good quality, but as I mentioned before, he gets caught inside Soundwave and thus doesn't eject properly, I always have to stick my finger in to pull him out, which makes me think there's some difference in the mold that makes it not quite a perfect fit. I'm going to test it out with these cassettes...

Takara Transformers MP-15 Rumble&Jaguar MP-16Frenzy&Buzzsaw kids toys gift | eBay

...which I ordered awhile back. So hopefully meng8_4788 turns out to be a good seller as well.

• Like Like x 1