China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Don't feel too bad. I ordered from wenqiang201688 after seeing the name on the good seller list in this thread, ignoring my skepticism over Newage Insecticons for $27. You're not the only sucker. :D 

It seems like the worst case scenario is that we have to wait a while to get a refund through ebay. It's a hassle for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ckyllr

ckyllr Member

How about this seller? lilanqing2013 Looks like he has been selling for long time since 2013 but maybe want to go out with a bang? He was legit but he has some of the new stuff like Fans Toys FT16M in stock for only $190 or the Gigapower HQ-03R for $135. Think he is going rouge? I have been burned way too many times with people on the good list that goes bad.

3. Gazmondo

Gazmondo Member

Is wuhanlipu a good dealer to deal with? Spotted a couple of reissue KO figures i'm considering. I did buy a couple from wenqiang201688 but he's gone rogue and will have to claim money back.

4. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust them. Their feedback profile may be 6 years old, but they have an overwhelming number of sales to 1-2 feedback buyers. Seriously, only 15 of their 200 most recent feedback have a score over 2. And the majority of those buyers seem to have bought things seemingly at random, with no correlation other than being Transformers. Recommend staying away.

• Like Like x 1
  5. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Big irony is that the dude may be legit for a while since it looks like he's still building his legitimately looking account with these minions but I wouldn't be surprised if we see people reporting getting lego figures instead of their transformers in a couple weeks/months :D 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kayman26

Kayman26 Well-Known Member

I've ordered from wuhanlipu multiple times in the past and never had any problems.

7. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone buy recently from seller: fightingqueentoy ?

fightingqueentoy | eBay Stores

They have several items I want to buy, but need some feedback. Thanks.

8. Sanity Bleeds

I hope they're legit, because their pricing, plus the high cost of shipping they tack on seems like a terrible model for scamming. They also have a long (3 years is long for Ebay China!) history of selling lots of higher cost collectibles and do a lot of accepted best offers, so they would seem to be pretty actively involved in their sales, too. They definitely don't have a scammer vibe, if anything, almost a scalper vibe?

• Like Like x 2
  9. ckyllr

ckyllr Member

Thank you so much guys! I'm just glad I checked here before purchasing. Just have to get it in my head that if the price seems too good, then it's more likely a scam. I didn't realize all the feedback were bogus.... I know what to check for now.

10. ali tavakoly

ali tavakoly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  11. Sanity Bleeds

In most of my experience, prior to a seller going rogue, the positive or negative feedback is somewhat meaningless. I look at the prices, what they're selling, how many they're selling, and who all has bought them. If I see a long string of first time buyers all buying 3-4 random items in succession in their history, I'm probably going to avoid them. If they claim to have more than 10 of something even bigger sellers have less than 5 of, I'm going to avoid them. If they price a commonly sought item more than 10% below the going average, I'm probably going to avoid them. If they've sold more than 10 of the same item, but haven't received feedback from any buyers more than 3 weeks after the sale, I'm probably going to avoid them for that too. You learn signs and warnings as you go, but for every new scam buyers catch on to, there's probably 2-3 new ones being put together by scammers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bruticus88

I have had 2 Chinese sellers with longer Ebay memberships and far more positive feedbacks turn rouge and go to the dark side recently... so length of membership and feedback ratings are sort of meaningless right now. Recent performance and legit testimonials from recent buyers is the most solid way to decide if they are scammers or not right now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sanity Bleeds

My universal metric is still: you're pretty much guaranteed to never get scammed if you go with the most expensive seller. I've been ripped off by longtime sellers with perfect feedback sellers many times. I've been ripped off by sellers with hundreds of positive sales and unique feedback in the current month, but I've almost never been ripped off by a seller who let me haggle on best offer price (only 2 US-based sellers ever did that).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bruticus88

Not so sure about that strategy. There are a couple of sellers with some hard to find Fans Toys bots priced at $500-$600USD in China... which is about $300-$400USD over the current going rate... this also reeks of a scam... sell one-cash-in-and-done scam to me. YMMV.

It's really hard to discern the good from bad with Ebay Chinese sellers right now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sanity Bleeds

I mean, if you consider scalping and scamming the same thing, maybe; but I figure paying that $300-400 markup, you're practically guaranteed to get the item, worth not withstanding. Getting a one-and-done scam to work seems like a pretty pointless effort, especially if you're new enough Paypal makes you wait to receive the payment. I imagine most scammers have at least 50 bogus transactions running, minimum, when they go rogue. The number could increase to several hundred for more established sellers.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Líder Optimus

Líder Optimus Well-Known Member

Add this mofo to the bad sellers list: liujungling87_5.

Bought a XTB Overheat from him, the package went missing, he doesn't respond to my emails and he emptied his eBay store.
    :banghead: 
    Now I have to wait and see if I can get my money back from eBay.

17. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Fra-gee-lay. It must be Italian!

News Credits:
    I checked the tracking for my order on 17track.net... and this came up:

"2019-11-25 04:55

Beijing, [Beijing Exchange Station] returned

2019-11-24 08:06
    Beijing, has been handed over to air transport

2019-11-23 19:53
    Beijing, arrived at [Beijing Exchange Station]

2019-11-23 19:14
    Beijing, leaving [Beijing Speed International], next stop [Beijing Exchange Station]"

o_O o_O o_O 

Does this mean it didn't clear customs / didn't get passed security?

18. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    They've been on the bad list for a while... apparently their account was hacked, according to emails people received from ebay, but it doesn't seem like they've made any legit moves since that 'revelation' so that's hard to believe :rolleyes: 

Good luck with your refund claim :) 

19. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Yes, sometimes it may make a few trips back and forth. Keep an eye out on the next few updates.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. What @Ichibaru said.

• Like Like x 2