China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ChromeMagnus said:
    Has anyone bought from wolvesbabies?

I'm also wondering, is wolvesbabies is a reliable seller?

2. mirage426

mirage426 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Safety Tips? Thats Hilarious! My Favorite is this:
    We make purchases for Transformers and receive stickers and legos and empty styrofoam from Scam Sellers, if we receive anything at all, and ebay makes us wait 9 months because of their made up delivery window.. but watch out for Fraudulent Buyers..LMAO!

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevetdda01

stevetdda01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know right! It’s crazy that we have to wait 6-8 weeks for eBay to do anything, when most of the time it is evident after 7-10 days that we’ve been had!

4. stevetdda01

News Credits:
    I know right! It’s crazy that we have to wait 6-8 weeks for eBay to do anything, when most of the time it is evident after 7-10 days that we’ve been had!

Edit: Sorry...double post.

5. oRuin

oRuin Active Member

So who do I contact now?
    liujunling87_5, eBay or PayPal? My tracking number is definitely fake.

6. stevetdda01

News Credits:
    PayPal should be quicker. In my experience eBay won’t do anything until the last day of the expected delivery date.

• Like Like x 1
  7. oRuin

oRuin Active Member

Yeah just phoned PayPal, they are going to look into it. Shame really but I hope if they have been compromised they get it sorted out.

8. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So my PE-DX09 Mega Doragon from day366 has finally arrived to its destination place, after 19 days, in a perfect condition with a "fragile" warning sticker and... I don't know what to say really because the figure is simply mindlowing :eek:  Spectacular! (and I didn't even care for messing with that dragon tail on a ball joint)
    IMG_20191023_170026.jpg IMG_20191023_170228.jpg IMG_20191023_171438.jpg
    Happy to inform you that there're still good sellers on Ebay like day366 :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rhino Prime

Rhino Prime Well-Known Member

I wish I had found this forum sooner. I'm not completely new to the Masterpiece Line. However, I just discovered 3rd and fourth party manufacturers, went a little crazy and ordered an MPP-10 as well as an Enhancement Set. I received tracking numbers for both items from different sellers. None of them have checked out in the tracking system for 3 days now, i.e. eBay says "Tracking number was provided". However, if I try to tack them, it says that the tracking numbers cannot be found.

Scam?

MPP-10 was at around 65,- USD, the enhancement kit about 25,- USD The sellers are supreme0519 and 6hk666666. Both sellers have an almost impeccable ebay history... :( 

I had to edit this post, because I mixed something up. My purchase of Robot Hero Airstrikes at around 150,- USD is a different matter. The seller is iuubc and appears on this board's bad sellers list. However, only with one complaint as far as I know. He hasn't provided me with a tracking number yet, but has given me some positive feedback. So my hopes are still up on the oversized Starscream.

Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  10. Srayleigh

Srayleigh Grenade Juggler

Are the tracking numbers valid but not showing any movement or progress, or simply not registering at all? If it’s the former, then it would be alright to just wait, the process can take a few days and you don’t get much in the way of updates sometimes until it hits the US postal system. If it’s the latter, then you’ve likely gotten a rude introduction to rogue eBay sellers and will need to call either eBay or PayPal or both. Good news is 99% of the time you are covered by one of their protection guarantees and will get your money back eventually. Your time and patience are forever gone however I’m afraid. Hope that helps.

11. oRuin

oRuin Active Member

I'd probably give it another day or two just to be sure. If it doesn't show then I guess you know what to do sadly.

12. Rhino Prime

Thanks the both of you for your replies.

I had to edit my first post, because I mixed something up. However, the two tracking numbers I received cannot be found by any tracking app. So, this isn't a good sign, right? iuubc still has my trust so far.

As long as I get my money back - in case of a scam - I'm happy enough. , I don't care if it takes some time. I just don't want to lose it completely.
    Maybe you can point me in the right direction here? As far as I've read, I will have to file a complaint with PayPal and inform ebay later, once the money has been refunded?

13. Srayleigh

not sure how everyone else does it, I always go through eBay first because when I’ve tried to call PayPal first, they’ve always told me to go through the eBay process first, and it that doesn’t get resolved, then they’ll step in. Note that eBay’s guarantee window is 30 days after delivery or estimated delivery, while PayPal’s is 6 months (technically 180 days) from the date of transaction. eBay usually gives a fraudulent seller 3 business days to resolve a dispute, while PayPal usually gives them 7-10 days.

14. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    But in my experience ebay have also said that I can't open a dispute until the estimated delivery date has passed, which is oft times months away! :rolleyes: 

Whereas Paypal started the dispute instantly :D 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Srayleigh

Yeah, that’s kinda why I said ymmv, bc if you get someone on the phone who’s a real stickler for the rules, they’re gonna make you wait even when the conclusion is obvious to anyone. I’m just glad there are two layers of guarantees, because lately you kinda need both.

16. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep us posted on your order with mascotzone.

17. Rhino Prime

Thanks! I hope this will resolve somehow... I'll keep you posted...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought from mascotzone about a month ago and it was fine but very slow shipping, and it was only some KO cassettes

19. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they use SpeedPAK (it oughtta be called SlowPAK) shipping?

20. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was China Post, and it was somehow worse than Speedpak, it's the slowest thing I ever got from China