China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Danbot

Danbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think he has, however I managed to get a refund out of him on my item that wasn't coming. Maybe because he was worried about me leaving bad feedback earlier than I should have for his scam to work is all I can think of?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danbot

Danbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    About a month ago I got hyper Magnum and KFC transistor far cheaper than any one else was offering. Who knows!

3. Srayleigh

Srayleigh Grenade Juggler

Interesting. My I placed a claim on my “misdirected” package from Shimin-58 and was expecting a drawn out process, but he just issued me a refund AND said he was still working with the post office to get my package to me. I wonder if he somehow got confused bc he didn’t explicitly say he was giving me the order on the house; it’s either that or as you’re guessing, he’s hoping this’ll keep me quiet so he can play his game a little bit longer. Or the wildcard scenario where he’s still a legit seller with vastly discounted inventory who just happened to screw up a couple of mailings. We shall soon see.

4. stevetdda01

stevetdda01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Ordered the same item as you guys and mine has also been sent to a ‘different’ address. However, on the tracking site it says that the error was Royal mail’s, so maybe the address has the wrong post code or something and the post office prioritized that for delivery and only found the mistake when inspected by a ‘human’? Anyway, this was 2 days and i’m still waiting for an update. Will call them on Monday if nothing happens before then.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Srayleigh

It is likely too much of a coincidence, but I would be happier if this was all some kind of post-holiday hangover screwup that somehow gets resolved. Prior experience, however, tells me it’s not going to work out that way. Keep us posted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevetdda01

stevetdda01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will do. If it does go to do-do this will be my 4th claim this month! Think i’m gonna take a trip to China one day with a bloody hit list!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Srayleigh

haha, I’ve been on a lot of claim calls lately as well. I enjoy a good bargain as much as anyone else but something seems to have changed and they’re getting harder to find (ironically by burying them under a ton of enticing but ultimately fraudulent discounts) as more sellers go “order 66”.

8. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

SCAMMER ALERT: User ID liujunling87_5

Ships the wrong item to a different part fo the country. Their account has 2 other recent negative feedback for the same tactic. I haven't left my negative feedback yet (but will) after I file my PayPal claim. They have 2700+ positive feedback, but a recent jump in negative feedback. Maybe he went rouge or a hacked account. Who knows. But since some sort of item was shipped, seems like they want to string buyers along to kill time. Avoid seller liujunling87_5 on Ebay or buy at your own risk.

Also shows "green delivered status" on Ebay. But when I click on the actual tracking number in Ebay "LWXXXXXXXXXCN" the status say in transit. It has been bouncing back and forth between 2 post offices in a different part of the USA since the ship to address does not exist. Some sort of new elaborate scam.

Unless it is baba or a similar very established China/SE Asia seller... I'm out. Too much hassle and disappointment.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bruticus88

See my post above. User ID liujunling87_5 is a scammer. Avoid.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jason88

Jason88 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmmmm all these once legit sellers going rouge on the run up to Christmas.....this happened last year as well but started well into November, anyway found a fanstoys koot ft22 £81/US$105 from zhiguang1987ok2 (416 feedback) 100% positive.
    I've orders from him in the last 3months but not anything recently.....hmmmm do I pull the trigger knowing it's possibly a scam?
    Anyone had any recent dealing with him

11. Bruticus88

Never heard of that seller. But this has to be somehow related or part of some sort of bigger scam with all of these once seemingly legit China/SE Asian sellers (or maybe they just had a bunch of fake positive shill-feedback somehow?) all go bad, rouge at once? Not sure what the angle is, but someone will probably figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Nice to find this thread. I took a punt on Koot from shimin-58 as well on the off chance it's legit. It's arrived in Sweden now, I was going to call them to see if they can give me the address info from the package as a starter. I'll report back here when I find out, hoping for a little luck

• Like Like x 1
  13. CeramicDragon

CeramicDragon 40 something toy lover

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here. Why is ebay charging tax for items shipped from china?

14. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Yikes!!!! Glad I didn’t pull the trigger

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep us posted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Probably because your state/country demands it and it can't fly under the radar anymore.

17. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Well-Known Member

Just some updates for the Shimin-58 rogue watch:

- Ordered 9/30
    - Tracking number provided 10/1
    - Sent him a message about how nothing had updated since on 10/11
    - He responded on 10/11 saying that it had been sent, but needed time to update online
    - Tracking info switched to sent on 10/13, and current status is left China on 10/14
    - I used parcelsapp & Global Order Tracking to follow it, both had the destination country correct, but now no longer have it listed

This kind of thing has happened to me before but with a positive result, but I'm assuming that he's doing wrong address/location scams to offset the initial wave of bad feedback?

Since Zherneboh, Srayleigh (wrong address, but at least got a refund), Hawkwave (different city), stevetdda01 (wrong address), Danbot are all in the same boat, while it might be a little early to 100% confirm bad seller status, I think it's pretty obvious it will be soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danbot

Danbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah he just refunded me. I think because I made my claim too early before all the bad feed back hits

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danbot

Danbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Put my claim in today. Find it very frustrating that PayPal take so long and you have to wait 10 day.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Psycho Grimlock

Psycho Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got my piece of foam today. Didn't open it, but it's obvious what it is, a block of foam about 4"x4"x2." It was in the mail and dropped off in my mailbox, so I'll have to go to the Post Office to refuse it or just file my claim based on not as described. Paypal tried to jerk me around and "give" me 7 days to contact him before the 10-day required communication period from the seller to THEM, but when I insisted and offered his 62 negatives in the past month as proof of intentional fraud, they went ahead and started the 10 days today.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019