China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MGD

MGD Well-Known Member

2. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

It's actually very suspicious, not just the number of low feedback buyers, but look at how they all bought 2-3 items each, and how the items have almost zero correlation between them, even as Transformers purchases, they're completely random, with almost no items repeating.

3. Sanity Bleeds

None, but their profile looks very legit. Over 11 years on Ebay, nearly 9,000 feedback, and with a nearly perfect score (3 of the 4 in the last year were all from the same buyer who was an uninformed idiot that didn't understand import taxes had nothing to do with the seller, the 4th may have been a scammer) and over 1,400 current item listings, I'd say they're as safe a bet as most anyone on eBay.

4. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh!! I’ve bought several times from them before with no issue and bought 2 items on the 23rd before all the suspicious discounts and feedback showed up.

I’ll be recording when I open this box for sure :( 

5. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

Semi-update: I have received tracking numbers for all items except Maojie’s but so far only the one from jiangyaoming actually showed activity in my tracker app. More soon.

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might be onto something.

Please keep us posted here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I purchased a KO OS Chromedome from kitty_toy_shop and it arrived today. No problems at all, figure is in perfect condition. It was sold without packaging, and was sent securely bubble-wrapped in a sturdy box. It's my first time buying a TF from a Chinese seller and was a little hesitant since they weren't on the good seller list, but figured it was worth a punt. Very glad it turned out okay!

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Anyone had experience with eBay seller “landyrock” ? I ordered a SS-44 DOTM Optimus from their store on Saturday, and his feedback looks okay nothing raising red flags so far but I could be missing something.

They said they would ship the item today from Taiwan but as of yet I still haven’t received a shipping notification however it’s 6pm in Taiwan as of posting this.

9. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

Iremember buying a KO MP bumblebee from mao for around 20 sokmething dollars and came in the highest quality, MISB packaging, but this was around 5 months ago, they might have changed now. Just wanted to put a few cents in

10. Sanity Bleeds

I wouldn't worry much this early on. For a newer seller with a lower feedback rating and a very high inventory listing, it's likely they're using a distributor who does the actual shipments for them, but even if not, any time an item from China/Taiwan/Philippines posts tracking info in less than 5 days from ordering is pretty great. If you haven't heard anything by Friday, I'd definitely worry, but at least send them a message asking for details if you haven't heard anything by tomorrow evening.

11. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    That sounds about right, I gave them a message and they got back to me in under 20 minutes so I’m at least assured that communication isn’t going to be an issue.

He said that he sorted the shipping package today but is uploading the tracking tomorrow which is odd, but I don’t know what shipping method he is using right now.

The eBay seller is a page from a physical store in Taipei so I think that it’s not just a random guy processing it. You’re probably right about the distribution.

12. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Following up on this acfun_toys micro thread" (Ebay labels:
    Top Rated: Seller with highest buyer ratings

I'm staying hopeful on this buyer. I did drop 3 bills on some fairly discounted items. However the negative feedbacks for this seller is from only one buyer. The last comment was put in there so fast that he left it as positive:
    "Thanks eBay for allowing this to happen constantly! What a joke. Scam alert!" Buyer: l***h ( 304[​IMG]

This could be a buyer who bought a lot of items that is attempting to get the item and their money back riding on blaming the post or the seller and falling back on their money back guarantee.

Staying hopeful....

eBay Feedback Profile for acfun_toys

• Like Like x 1
  13. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

He is selling Fanstoys Hydra for $77. The writing is on the wall.

• Like Like x 3
  14. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Hope I got my stuff before he went rouge then...
    Yep, the stuff I bought is now 50% cheaper than when I bought it last month.
    I'll know next week and report back.

15. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Anyone familiar with a seller called mascotzone? 14K+ feedback, 100% rating, but never heard of him before and couldn't find him mentioned on the boards.

Also, too bad about acfun toys. I've been seeing those incredibly suspicious price cuts, sad.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I don’t understand why these long time sellers just suddenly go rogue, unless that’s been their incredibly patient game all along to cash in an eye watering payout..

17. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point I’m just hoping to actually get a box of -something- to show up to my house so I can record opening it... some of these sellers ship to a different address just so it shows “delivered” and makes it a little tougher to prove

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. mirage426

mirage426 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The price drop that made me laugh with eBay Feedback Profile for acfun_toys
    was Fanstoys FT-08 Grinder for 94.00. And they are using baba's images with his watermark on their items. Saw it on Spindrift.
    According ebay, the reason these rogue sellers are still active is because "Noone reports them". Leaving bad feedback isnt enough to mark the seller as bad. When claims are filed through the ebay system against the seller, that is what starts the investigation into their account. Going through paypal gets our refund faster, but because the claim wasnt filed through ebay, it doesn't show up as a mark against the seller.
    Easy fix.. after you file a claim with paypal, report the seller to ebay. Especially now that they are trying to inflate their feedback with questionable positives. I asked about that, too. That is Not allowed, so that report will be investigated.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Posting for my friend. He ordered KO MP-11 Starscream from one*day_bid at my recommendation and this is how the figure arrived.

67823631_437216160199166_6058990152074657792_n.jpg 68316951_2358118607611372_7604866027138056192_n.jpg 68521332_3031101736964351_6181631311124365312_n.jpg

I don't know if he has even opened up the figure to determine if any part of it is salvageable, but he did mention that the box was nearly flat on one end. I suspect the figure is totally trashed, but I won't know for sure until he confirms it.

He's contacted the seller and is awaiting a response. Will update when I hear more.

• Like Like x 1