Chile spices up UFO debate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seeker311, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    They're not green! They're grey! And they have this big black bug like eye balls n stuffz......and they're like...3 ft tall.

3. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah I wouldn't mess with Buzz Aldrin or his words. The guy is getting up there is age, but has a hell of a punch.

Buzz Aldrin punches Bart Sibrel after being harassed by him - YouTube

Only the workers are short. The ones in charge are large. At least that's what the guy with crazy hair said, lol.

4. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    To call a war veteran a coward....well...I dunno man, that's like asking for it to me. A liar? Man...conspiracy theorists of that sort will find any little shred of what they think is "evidence" and stretch it out sooooo damned far and then they run like the wind with it. But whatevers. I'm going to stop here before I really go on a tirade. Honestly, that dude deserved to be more than punched. He got off lightly in my opinion.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know what that old hoaxers problem is, everyone knows a bunch about the moon landing and knows its fake. There's not even any piece of equipment that can send people to the moon NOW, so how could they do it over 40 YEARS ago?! I've seen a bunch of shows about how it's fake and a hoax so let me tell you. We don't know how it could have been done so any idea can be proposed, I've never seen any documentary on the blueprints for such a "moon lander" and they've never found information on how it was done, and all the scientists saying otherwise just have theories.

6. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    It's actually rather simple. He drank a redbull. It gave him wings.

7. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    Not only was BSG based upon the idea of Ancient Astronauts some of it was inspired by Glen Larson (the creator of the original BSG) and Mormonism (of which Larson is/was a Mormon). Some believe that there are connections between Joseph Smith's vision and AA's.

Of course, the rabbit hole with UFO's and Aliens goes so deep that even with an open mind many people fall in and can't get back out....

8. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    Buzz Aldrin and Edgar Mitchell both believe that the government has covered up UFO's. Mitchell saw one while in the Air Force and was threatened big time for it.

Even GOP legend Barry Goldwater tried to get some answers and went to his friend, General Curtis Lemay, to see if there is some truth to the subject and was cussed out by his friend.

Jackie Gleason was a big-time UFO aficionado and even had a house called "The Mothership". He was good friends with Richard Nixon and legend has it that Nixon took him a base in Florida and showed him a dead alien. It shook up Gleason so much that he never got over seeing it. His widow recounts it in her autobiography.

Supposedly, Dwight Eisenhower met with Aliens at Edwards AFB in 1954 and signed what they call the "Greada Treaty" which allowed aliens to abduct U.S. citizens in exchange for technology, which went straight to the Military-Industrial Complex.

George HW Bush was approached by an amateur journalist and was asked about his involvement with UFO's in his CIA days and he said something to the effect of "Well, you know, I know a good bit and maybe I'll talk about it but's kind of tough to let people know about those things...."

There are tons of other stories out there that are similar but who knows how many, if any of them, are true.

9. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

The discovery of Aliens would be a world unifying catalyst so I'm not sure the purpose of a supposed cover up. It would change the way mankind looks at itself and one another and could potentially pacify the whole entire world, making everyone move on to bigger and better things. Why the hell would anyone cover their existence up?

10. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Because plenty of humans have shown....that's NOT how they would react.

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Some people genuinely believe aliens have already been discovered thanks to the ALH84001 meteorite. Not because they personally believe the famous structures must be or organic origin because of xyz reasons, but because "it made the news."

The effect of an actual confirmation of alien life really depends on what we find. If it can't immediately affect us (i.e. a radio signal from far, far away, "dumb-animal"-level or below life on Europa, a fossil from Mars) I think we'd just say "whoa, neat!" and move on. But if aliens actually made contact we'd no doubt argue on what to even do about it -- attack, accept, a District 9 sort of scenario...
    Of course, that assumes the visitors are living beings, as opposed to just a space probe or something.

12. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Dude i get info from many sources but you already know that you're just trying to give me a.hard time .i get plenty of info just watching you try to tell everyone that their wrong. Saw you're post about watching shows about the moon landing shows are only accurate if aeranoth is there to say its ok lol .here nothing is spectacular in the entire universe and aeranoth is right about everything lmao.i understand you have to have been given shit to make you the charming person you are but come on bro !

13. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think you understand people.

We believe we are the only intelligent life people would riot in mass out of fear and panic of being attacked and destroyed.

14. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Not only was the heliocentric universe an idea in Greek times, Eratosthenes(coincidentally the chief librarian at Alexandria) managed to calculate the circumference and axial tilt of the Earth, and his figures were remarkably close. There's even some evidence that he made a calculation of the distance between the Earth and the sun. Pretty fascinating stuff. And in addition to Alexandria, the records of many Mesoamerican civilizations were wiped out by the conquistadors, and it's entirely possible they made similar discoveries, as well.

Since the thread seems to be going that direction... what if we do discover a signal? Well, the result would be heavily scrutinized, and I can almost guarantee there will be at least some scientists who will dispute the findings and try to find alternative explanations. That tends to happen with a lot of great discoveries. But I honestly expect there would be a surge in research of the originating system, perhaps a new satellite or telescope would be designed to try and learn more. We'd get a few weeks of op-ed pieces and speculation on what it meant. Then someone else would take over and dominate the news cycle, and after a year or two it wouldn't be that big a deal. The work's only just begun when we detect an artificial signal, and it would probably take decades of research and development, to say nothing of scientific debate, before we learned much more that's new.

(As an aside, the bigger problem we're starting to experience now is that our own society is moving away from narrow band transmissions and increasingly using broadband signals, which would be almost impossible to detect. There's a growing field in SETI research to determine other possible communication methods.)

Now, if we actually somehow received a transmission that was something more than a vague confirmation that they're out there? I think the panic would set in pretty fast, no matter what they said.

15. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Words of wisdom for every wide eyed eager positive human looking to understand there are 4 rednecks with guns who feel insignificant to start and are ready to shoot anything that moves

16. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

Pfft thats why we need to get rid of the evil science from schools as well as Harry Potter.
    and you lot need to go back a few hundred years to the goodoledays.
    enlitend age indeed tell that to Cthulhu.

Idont need to make sence you lot just need to listen to my insane rambelings.

17. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Alien threads...

[​IMG]

18. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More likely there would be riots for a week, religious leaders would come up with ways to reconcile their beliefs with the new truth, and then humanity would revert to 'oh, okay' and adapt to the new status quo.

Looking at a longer period it's possible we, as a species 'lose' or even go extinct, which is what (at least in our world's history) happens constantly when a weak and strong/more advanced civilization meet. But I think you're overestimating the positive impact it would have on humanity...
    :) 

19. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    That and Jake Busey would go around blowing up stuff to hinder scientific progress. :lol