Chicago 'L' tracks in Detroit? TF5 Chicago...only a matter of time now dudes!!!8)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What up dudes!!!! Jimmy here from Chicago! So been following the TF5 filming...SUPER AWESOME!!! stuff going on!!! So even though I have not heard anything about any Chicago filming or casting calls yet I'M BUGGIN OUT after seeing a photo originally posted in a reply by user pie125 under the 'New Detroit Set Location' topic. Not sure if anyone noticed this but if my eyes are working correctly they are re-creating the iconic Chicago 'L' tan elevated tracks(like seen in The Dark Knight) along with the 'L' trains in the lot in the photo below. Its only a matter of time now dudes!!!

My theory is that even though Bay pointed out about returning to Chicago since Chicago was not on the main list of filming locations, when they start up production in Detroit in the next week they will move over here for minor filming, probably just exterior skyline shots, stuff like that. Its probably not going to be even close to TF3 and 4 and probably won't warrant them to do a casting call here, either way this is pretty AWESOME!!!! I do wonder what role Chicago will play in TF5 this time. KSI is still based in Chicago so my guess is thats how they will factor it into the story.

Anyway dudes I'll be sure to keep you guys updated!!! Be good!

Jimmy:) 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...-new-detroit-set-location-cllr5ymweaqgytt.jpg

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, KSI still has is Chicago based operations. Seeing as how Cade and his family were promised to be taken care of (for their troubles and lose of their home) I could see KSI playing a role in this movie and maybe even now working with the government to fix some of what they messed up in TF4. I could also see an Autobot or 2 potentually showing up. Remember, this would be a great way to bring back a certain Autobot medic who we seen, they was already in the process of remaking. The white Ratchet head that was being fabricated anyone remember?

3. DocBot89

DocBot89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good call! Haha I always just assumed they just decided not to finish the cgi coloring on it. I really would lose my mind if they brought back Ratchet, as he was my all time favorite. :( 

4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    What white Ratchet head?

Anyways, I too hope to see a few Chicago scenes here and there. Kind of a tradition now

5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I remember ratchets head being melted down, but not a remade one. Any screen shots?

6. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Have they done the extras casting for Detroit? I've not been able to find any info about it. Thanks for any info!

7. tonyformer

News Credits:
    remember this scene in the movie where he's explaining to her how the KSI TFs are made? Look to the left when watching the movie and you'll see a NEW white Ratchet head being made. It looks like it's actually be made by a giant 3D laser printer lol. Except it's got red eyes!

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...rop.jpg/300px-Uncolored_Ratchet_head_prop.jpg

Better close up. But watch the movie and you'll see what I mean.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=27596741&stc=1&d=1466338966

Attached Files:

8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Ok I got it! I don't know how people spot stuff like this :lol 

[​IMG]

I couldn't say conclusively that's a Ratchet head, but it's defintely in the ballpark so I'll go with the theory!

Could be an attempt by KSI to help Chicago. Maybe they made a bot in ratchets image, and maybe renamed him First Aid, and maybe he was joined by 4 other emergency service type robots.. with a certain special trick up their sleeve!

9. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Bit small to be Ratchets head isn't it? It's barely bigger than blonde assistant woman whose name never interested me in the first place's head.

10. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    But it's further away?

11. tonyformer

News Credits:
    It's in the background a few rooms back. So yeah it looks smaller. But if you watch the movie there is quick blink and miss it view of it and you can see the printer-like arms rotating around it making it.

12. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    It's about a yard away from her...

13. tonyformer

News Credits:
    The camera angle looks like it's close to her but it's farther away than just a yard. A yard is only 3 feet. But the point is, you see a Ratchet head being created in the background. And it's clear it's a new head and not the original head that was melted down.

14. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Nahh.

15. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Would Bay and co. actually remember including that?

There's also the issue of his spark. It was stolen by Lockdown and who knows what happened to it. Unless Lockdown stored them in his ship, it was in his spark extractor last we saw it, and he died

16. tonyformer

News Credits:
    If he did store TF Soarks on his ship in his trophy room. That section of the ship is now crashes and where the Dinobots are.

17. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Lol no

18. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

I didn't see AoE. If they bring back Ratchet, I will be there day one to see TLK. If the story is good, I will see it multiple times.

19. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That head of Ratchet just looks like a prop to me. Looks like they might have forgot to remove or add CGI over it in post. That's just my 2-cents.

20. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was more an Easter egg than an intentional suggestion that they were rebuilding him.