Cheap methods of killing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Aug 14, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I've noticed some critisism here on the way some people play the game. Like how some Leader players will use Warcry when they are surrounded, I've seen that called "a free get out of jail card" and unfair. Some people don't like how soldiers spam the heck out of whirlwind, saying it's cheap, same with the way Scouts constantly kill from behind.

Well, what do you make of all this? Do you think that specific methods are underhanded, or cheap? Do you use "Cheap" tactics, if you think they are cheap?

I don't really look at anything as underhanded, or dirty. I'm a win at all costs kind of gamer, but I've never really looked at any battle method as cheap. If I did, well, I'd say that I'm a cheap gamer.

I kill people from behind, I surprise attack all the time. Hit and run tactics are what gets me points, and I'm never afraid to run away from a fight if I know I'm outmatched. But if someone attacks me but then flees to an energon cube, I chase him down, I don't let him go.

Here's how I look at it, If someone is attacking you, but you have a secret weapon that could save you, would you use it? I would. So I don't really look at anything as cheap, or low. But what do you think?

2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Ehh, people get a bit too worked up over what they think is "overpowered" when the reality is, they're not countering it well enough or getting out of their enemy's way. Whirlwind, War Cry, etc...not bad at all and CERTAINLY not game changingly invincible.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    war cry is the only thing ill lean towards as overpowered

4. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    I'd suggest that anyone whose whining simply doesn't play the class they're whining about. I hated whirlwind and warcry until I actually used them and saw how much skill is involved. Whirlwind for example, if you lose sight of the target for a second you've wasted it.

5. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i wont mention any names, but vaderprime has a thread whining about whirlwind. every character class has its own strengths and weaknesses, it makes you use a thing called strategy.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pretty much, i don't play as soldier or leader much, because i hate the lack of speed, but when i do, i use their strengths, and even then, they still can get slaughtered

7. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Well you obviously missed the point of the thread. It was to see if anyone else had trouble like I was. I stated a problem and I wanted answers. Now if talking about an area of gaming I'm having trouble with is whining, then I'm guilty. Sorry for asking.

8. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Nothing in the game is "cheap" or "overpowered", instead the problem lies on players who refuse to adapt their tactics to their surroundings, and instead want their surroundings to adapt to their tactics.

9. AutobotSkids

I'm not trying to play Moderator, but can we keep Vaderprime's thread out of mine, considering we're discussing different topics?

10. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah sorry 'bout that, but in regard to your topic... I think a tactic/ability only becomes cheap when that person using it relies only on that to get their kills. And even then it's not the ability that becomes cheap its the fact of how it's being used.

11. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    All is fair in Love and War for Cybertron!

Seriously people. Cheap is copout for saying I don't like to think. You can honestly get over any of the class specific abilities with any class.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed! So tired of this is cheap, this needs to be nerfed. Good grief.

13. AutobotSkids

No problem. :)  I just don't want a real mod to show up and say "Knock it off".

And as for your take on the matter, I don't know about cheap, but it does get old. Often times people who constantly repeat what they do to get kills, I like to target.

Like today in a game of conquest, we were playing at Complex, and I was a leader. Whenever my team would try to capture/guard B, this guy'd swoop in, use shockwave and go berserk with the shotgun. So you know what I did? I deployed a Barrier and hid behind it, and whenever he'd fly in, I'd melee him while he was in jet mode, and that would ususally kill him, or badly wound him.

And he just kept coming back, and I kept meleeing him and using the ion blaster if he wasn't killed by the melee attack. I don't know if he couldn't see me hiding since my leader was lime green like the barrier, or if he was just hoping I'd miss him, but I racked up so many kills that round it wasn't funny.

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I've been a Soldier using whirlwind many times and getting killed while killing, it definitely ain't "cheap". If you're complaining about how someone keeps using over and over and over and over, stop saying it's "cheap", make a new strategy and exploit their ignorance.

15. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, cheap/old i say it either way. :lol  I'd like to see some variety, but what ya gona do?

16. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

i've come to realize that it depends on the experience of the enemy, their level and their luck. to be honest now that I play as the jet all the time I don't care about leaders. If i see one I can either fly away or fly behind them pop 2 shotgun shells in their back use shockwaves dash punch then shockwave him. it kills or injures them badly every time.

17. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Everything is fair, if people don't like it, do it some more. I'm a Decepticon at heart, nothing is off limits, I'd whirlwind all day if I could, just because it would put my foes down quicker.

Say the Cons found some cool new super weapon that blows up Autobots left and right, do you really think they'd cast it aside because it's "cheap"? Hell no, they'd use it until someone stopped them. That's how I look at the "overpowered" skills in WFC. If you don't like it, come and stop me.

18. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    If someone just uses the same tactic over and over again, it just makes them easier to predict and then you can exploit them.

On one of the new maps, whatever it's called, you can stand on top of the room that Node B is inside and have a clear shot down into either Node A or Node C, depending on which corner you stand at. One dude who was playing as leader just kept waiting for us to try and take a node and then spammed us with his fusion cannon. Easy kills for him.

For about 2 minutes. Once I realised he was going to do it every time I would immediately head to that area once my team started capturing a node. I would see him firing off the shots and paying no attention to what was behind him. So I killed him, at least 10 times, by walking up behind him and smacking him.

19. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I hate how other players shoot through corners! I die so often because they are covered by the corner of the wall and I can't hit them. Yet somehow they can shoot through the wall.

20. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    That's usually lag, which sucks as I've been a victim of it.

My main complaint is sniping Scouts or Scientists who hide at the top of maps or etc. I just hate them, because you're usually dead before you know it ;)