Characters you wish the writers had never even bothered to include

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Circuit Breaker. I hated her with a passion. She was supposed to be a human threat to the TFs, but she was an over-powered near-god-mode Sue.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well it's a good thing Marvel owns this character and not Hasbro then.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    And in that varied crowd, she's hardly exceptional.

Raf and Jack from TF Prime: Raf just bugged me on a fundemental level but he's hardly the worse human in TF fiction (Hi Kicker!) and Jack's grand sin was that he was a boring fuckwad aside from that one time he and Smokescreen hung out and caused a bit of trouble. Miko was many things, not all of them good but at least she had a personality.

4. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Honestly except for Fowler, none of them really needed to exist.

It's weird when i think, Prime could have stood to have more human interactions.

5. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Nightscream for one.

Also not really a fan of Sentinel Prime in any incarnation, but Animated especially rubs me the wrong way. And while we're at it Lugnut. Megatron wasn't the only one who wished he'd dial it back a bit. Animated Soundwave wouldn't have been nearly as big a problem if they'd used another name. Of course that's the downside to something like Animated where they try to re-imagine old characters, you can hit and miss quite easily.

I actually didn't mind Scorponok taking a lava bath. The writers might have found Waspinator annoying, but that scorpion just needed to die in my book.

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I missed the toy part. In that case, Ultra Magnus. Should've been an upgrade for Optimus.

7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Dunno. I'd pitch her against Airachnid.

Whoever dies, the audience wins. :ev: 

8. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

^This and Sari...since she is apparently not human.

Also Prowl from Animated. I cannot even look at him without being annoyed. I know the whole series was aimed at VERY young kids, but cyber-ninjas in general just don't do it for me. Also aren't they supposed to have a code that prevents them from posing for 30 seconds of the episode to be cocky about whatever dancing-tiger-hidden-Martha-Stewart move they just pulled off?

9. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Airachnid and Miko Nakadai from TFP, Alpha Bravo and Offroad from IDW, and who have I missed?

Oh, right.

SAM WITWICKY. The movies would have been infinitely better without him and his ilk.

10. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no Dinobot combiner. 2+2 is 5. We have always been at war with the Decepticons the humans.

11. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'd talk about the movies but that's a waste of time :p  Good toys though.

12. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

G1 Thundercracker had loads of personality, in his bio, but was never shown in the cartoon. Such a personality was shown quite a bit in the comics though. It's a shame because he looks so cool as well in the G1 cartoon.

13. Poncho

Poncho :/

Yeah? And for a time she also created legal headaches whenever IDW wanted to reprint the comics.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    To be fair, that's not really even a contest - CB took on Unicron and survived.

Granted I think the raw power involved coursing through her body also made her batshit crazy afterward but still, she took on the epitome of evil of the original G1 series and lived.

Airachnid in comparison couldn't even win a straight fight on screen.

Half human, actually. One of the things Animated never really did explain is how in the hell a protoform from the shipwreck on the moon ended up in Sumdac's lab, but as implied by how Animated Blackarachnia was originally able to copy organic traits (before that of course horribly backfired), the same applies to the protoform taking on organic traits from Sumdac when he touched the pod, resulting in baby Sari.

Ironically, that also sort of made her the best human companion, since overuse of her AllSpark Key actually backfired more than it did provide an easy solution as one might be inclined to think, and after it was written out of the show with its final use granting Sari permission to bypass puberty (which itself horribly backfired initially), she only showed up in a major role in two more episodes (granted, that's counting the Endgame three-parter as a single episode, plot wise)

15. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I will concede that she contributed much more to the story in Animated than most humans do in their respective continuities. I suppose she wasn't all bad...since she was half human, she is only half as bad as the rest. Which would in-fact make her the best.

16. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    oh yeah that too.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That's kind of the point. All characters have real POTENTIAL however with most of them only getting limited screen time they never have a chance to reach that potential. It's a total waist of space to include a character and then never take the time to develop him or her.

18. abovealllogic

abovealllogic Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with G1 Beachcomber.

There were a number of annoying Season 2 Autobots, but for me he took the cake.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The cake is a lie... Did I really just spam my own thread for a Portal joke? Yes... yes I did. Carry on.

20. gregles

gregles quintesson

If IDW Arcee hadn't been included we might have got more female transformers sooner and the comic forums would have had less very long and complicated arguments about gender that have taken over whole threads for weeks at a time. Furman's and early idw's reputation might be in a better place if Arcee hadn't happened too. It's a shame as this sometimes distracts from early Idw's achievements as it did do so much really well with all the planet infiltration strategies and arguably one of the franchises most likeable human characters with Verity.