Characters for Transformers 2 revealed?! *spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dropshot, Apr 4, 2008.

1. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    So it will take place (Sam's part) In New York city and not Philly afterall (Story wise) It's probbably cheaper to flim out there then in NYC anyway... so I guess I don't have to edit the Sequel fanfic im working on after all...

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Too bad Bay already pissed away the names "Bonecrusher" and "Devastator" in the first movie. If the Constructicons combine into Devastator in the sequel, expect a shitstorm of confusion & controversy.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt this. The constucticons are one thing. But devastator I'm afraid is just irking me a bit, since in the first film brawl was devastator, they did'nt change the error when it came to dvd.

I guess other than the magical hyper magnetic touch that pulls all the limbs together traditionally in transformers I'd imagine the movie combiners would launch huge cables at the other parts, and simply pull them into the amassed frame via a japanese mecha style similar to evangelion or the dark cell parts in G gundam.

The movie is still a whole year away. Which means I need to lay off the sequel theory sauce for a few more months.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Probably just a bogus rumor like he said he was gonna give us.

5. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    They have already explained the whole Brawl/Devastator error numorous times Im sure it'll be addressed again before TF2 comes out...Just to avoid confusion.

I wouldn't be suprised if Bonecrusher gets repaired and reformated into his Constructicon self and it's explained why he looked the way he did in TF1 and what happened to him since then.

6. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Sounds good so far! Hope Soundwave and/or Shockwave appears as well.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    from that casting, i can see a lot of elements from that "disproved" leaked synopsis

8. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Constructicons?Woot Woot!

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Wonder if that is the crazy kid in the 1st one with the video camera as the Autobots land?

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Hmmm, yes, lots of elements from the leaked treatment - Sam in college with 'wacky' roomy, Constructicons, heading toward SW states - tie in with this and other rumours.

I'm hoping this is all part of Bay's disinformation, not because I dislike the idea of Long Haul and Mixmaster, but because I vomited a little in my brain when I read that treatment.

Wow, I sound like a whinger already. I'm sure I'll be won over when the designs leak.

PS - didn't the 'fan' Long Haul images turn out to be from somebody hired to do artwork on TF2?

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It would be ridiculous for Devastator to be killed off just like that. But then again look at the Fair Lady Bonecrusher and remember how quickly she rolled over dead on command...

It's going to happen, because it's the worst idea possible, and that seems to be Micheal Bay's thing...

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    con...constructicons?!! o_O 

BGAAAWWWW

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I just think it's cool that Sam's going to Princeton. Because if it's the Princeton I'm thinking of; it's only 20 minute away from me. :D 
    Interesting thought on the Constructicons....I wonder if they're going to uses his proper name, or just perpetuate Micheal Bays screw up.
    Or is Devs gonna just be renamed Brawl for this movie? HAha!
    That would be funny.

14. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Devastator as the prototype gestalt, don't see him lasting long...
    BUT! This means huge potential in other sequels from him being reengineered, and his brethren. Then Autobot countermeasures...

It's the start of the cybertronian 'arms race' on earth. =D
    Bigger and bigger...

As for the name screwups, we don't know how the constructicons come into being, so that's still potentially fixable and using it to its advantage.
    This could mean all sorts of story points, not to mention potentially megatron having the midas touch in bringing machines alive.
    The ADI as Metroplex... Sweet. The ADI as Trypticon... Oh holy crap.

15. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Either a great spoiler or just some well placed misinformation from the Bay camp. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Constructicons, that's left feild. How are they going to combine if they do? I WANNA SEE.

Momma Simmons sounds great. I love how they portrayed the humans in the first film and I hope they keep that comedic seriousness for this film.

I don't think Decepticons care about city streets and their puny restrictions.;) 

17. brothersamuel40

brothersamuel40 Mmm... munchies

Here's how to solve the Devastator name problem:

Let's say Megatron is back, and declares to any LOYAL Decepticons that the previous "Devastator" has failed him. What if Devastator could be like a TITLE, given to the most worth, destructive Decepticon?

And declares that Brawl, despite his death, is no longer worthy of being remembered as Devastator.

And the Allspark/Spark fusion thingy gave him the knowledge of ancient arts and technology, aka one of them could be the Combiner technology.

Hence forth, he makes the Constructicons, and in the moment of a critical battle, they combine and the new bigger robot proclaims:

DEVASTATOR REBORN!! AUTOBOTS PURGE!!!

Or something, some silly plot device like that to clear up the confusion over the Devastator name problem.

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not going to believe anything till I'm sitting in the theater watching it. Though I'd really like to see exactly how they'd pull off making a combiner in the Movie style...

19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    too many human main characters IMO

20. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I would kill to have Devastator look like the fan made one since that rules but I know it isn't going to happen.