character development for knockout?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by gregles, Nov 21, 2011.

1. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

I didn't like Knockout and Breakdown at first. I thought they were just simple characters like Skyquake, thrown into the mix. Which did concern me that the writers weren't going to give as much depth to background characters like TFAnimated did so well.

But seeing this character develop is awesome. What I do find interesting is that TFPrime will light heartedly skim the sexuality subject. Ok perhaps too deep a word but I am impressed how this saga deals with the male female relationships of the actual bots (complete with innuendos).
    Not to mention June Derby wearing heals for Optimus.

While you will never actually hear about Knockout's 'personal' interests. It seems clear enough that he's designed to appeal to possibly like minded TF fans.
    And why not?

Knockout is now a big favorite character. Perhaps he doesn't need much more development. But I think he's going to play a more pivotal role in the future.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

We have development for Knockout. Not saying I don't want to see more of him but I say he got more development than Bumblebee, Soundwave, Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Breakdown. Also, I don't really think that Breakdown would be that easily used by Airachnid, if he does have a bond with Knockout.

I may as well throw in my back story for KO and BD.
    I was thinking about how WFC Breakdown was so small and annoying but became the TFP big bad Breakdown. That made me think up a small back story for him.

I thought perhaps Breakdown was in a Decepticon base on Cybertron when the Wreckers attacked.The Decepticon forces where easily broken down and scattered by the Autobot commandos.

Breakdown was hiding somewhere from the Autobots when the young and violent Bulkhead found him. BD pleads for mercy but being young and a wrecker Bulkhead attacks and severely injures BD. Bulkhead is about to kill him when Decepticon reinforcements attack and fight off the Wreckers.

The reinforcements medic, Knockout, tells the Cons to search for survivors. Knockout comes across BD and orders some troops to pick him up because he might survive but the commander (perhaps screamer) reminds Knockout that Megatron has no tolerance for small bots who get beaten.

Breakdown pleads for Knockout to rescue him and that he wants to be not just be repaired but rebuilt into a much stronger mech, so he can get revenge on Bulkhead. After a little while Knockout gives in and personally helps BD make it to the other base.

Breakdown is eventually rebuilt into a his TFP design and is in debt to Knockout and becomes his friend (or as close to friends Cons get). New part. Breakdown proves himself a capable worrier and earns himself a place in Megatrons elite.

With the help of Soundwave he identifies which Wrecker attacked him and were he is now. Bulkhead receives a threat that his mentor and friend Ironhide has been captured and will be executed unless he goes to specified coordinates. Bulkhead arrives to find two Decepticons with Ironhide. Breakdown reveals who he is and Bulkhead, once he remembers, tries to reason with BD and explain that he was young and he now regrets what he did and that Breakdown wasn't killed. BD doesn't listen and know that if Con reinforcement hadn't arrived, he'd be dead. He kills Iron Hide and attacks Bulkhead but tells his partner, Knockout, not to attack as he wants his personal revenge. Bulkhead, angered by Ironhides death fights hard but is matched by Breakdown, remembering how small and scared he was.

They battle long and hard until Team Prime arrives to help Bulkhead. BD and KO escape. Both Bulkhead and Breakdown vow revenge.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think knockout if fine the way he is.

I don't think he needs anymore character development than he has already.

4. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    The best headcanon.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't like the idea of Bulkhead beating the crap out of Breakdown. It makes him a jerk then. This kinda goes againist the already established backstory.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Right. Not to mention it makes Bulkhead look like a hyprocrite for hating jerks considering HE acts like a jerk too!:lol 

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I want to add something worse Breakdown did to get revenge but I've never gotten around to it.
    Edit: I just did. Yay!

8. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

The former Stunticon is Breakdown you mean ?

The way i see it, is that both of them are former Stunticons

Breakdown = upgraded G1 Breakdown, been to the gym :D 
    Knockout = upgraded G1 Dead End, remember the G1 voice of Dead End. allmost similar way/pattern.

[​IMG]

9. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I honestly don't believe Knock Out needs much character development aside from a little back-story. He appears to just be side character that will serve his purpose and be put aside. But I assume that since nobody expected the attention he would receive maybe they might go further with something.

10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    He seems to be more of a side character if anything. Though there are hints of him working with Airachnid to get themselves out of Megatron's iron grip either by betraying him or deserting out of the army. He could get killed too during the middle of Season 2 but then his fangirls would be SO devestated by this!:lol 

11. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Okay much better, and makes sense as Bulkhead was a Wreckers and they don't treats Cons with mercy.

Plus the proving himself to Megatron is a nice aspect. :thumb 

12. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both of you have a point, but I think that could also lead to some cool character development for Bulkhead (not that he needs anymore than others). Maybe the reason he hates jerks so much was because he was one once and now he's trying to separate him from that past him.

I think it would be awesome if it turned out he used to be a jerk before Team Prime and the Wreckers; he voices his hatred for jerks as often as he can and fears what would happen if anyone found out what he used to be.

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's actually a good point! It does make sense if that's the reason Bulkhead hates jerks because he used to be one. That could be a major character flaw on Bulkhead because he's missing the point of just because he used to be the jerk doesn't really give him the right of hating jerks and leaving them behind to die. If anything he's running away from his flaws and fears instead of confronting them and being honest with himself and his friends. What he really needs to do is to ask himself if hating other jerks and making them turn out more bad than they already might be would really get rid of his past and not just telling the others the truth. If he does be honest with Miko and his friends of what he used to be they won't think of him any less and tell him while he's making an honorable effort of being more noble he shouldn't be hiding his fears and doubts because letting them out in a honest way can help more than he knows! I mean in Rock Botton Arcee admitted that she was a bit guilty of holding on to the past a bit so in a way she could understand what Bulkhead may be going through with his doubts and fears.:) 

14. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

see #6. it's that flirtatious style of his! :wink: 

juuuuust kidding :sly: 

in all serious, i'd like to see him fighting a bit more. there's a few episodes where he's got some real good moves.

15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Not that i see that. It's perfect. I like your style of thinking.