Changing collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by xMostWanted559x, Jan 4, 2013.

1. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of maybe selling of all my figures except for my combiners and go with a all masterpiece collection. I just dont want to regret doing it if I give it a go...any opinions or anyone have an all masterpiece collection

2. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lot of people talked/talk about doing something similar. I've been in the process of doing something similar. I sold a majority of my Generations/Classics and I'm focusing on just MP and 3rd party stuff. I still buy TF Prime stuff for the kids though.

3. xMostWanted559x

But the selections are so limited and I don't know if I will like it.thinking of doing it so i spend less time searching for stuff and making collection alot smaller hopefully

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. Then don't do it.

I myself sold most of my complete Classics collection. Just kept a few cool figures but might eventually sell those as well. My main focus now is Masterpiece figures and maybe the odd 3rd party figure.

Let me warn you.... Selling all that crap is time consuming. Lol.

5. xMostWanted559x

I don't have as much as you guys...maybe 30 or so. I figure if I do it now its easier than when I buy more and more lol

6. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

I'm constantly "curating" to keep my collection down to a manageable size. As we get more MPs, I'll likely continue to trade out classics/generations figures to make room.

7. xMostWanted559x

I say this but for example foc grimlock I like...lol plus I like my foc soundwave

8. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

I say keep what works for you... it is kind of cool to have multiple iterations of a character or two. For myself, I've kind of settled on keeping things loose so that I can collect whatever I like.

9. grymg

grymg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not sure about this, think you're gonna regret it because you might find yourself buying back those ones you sold. Just store em somewhere.

10. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The goal for me was to find focus as when I first started collecting, I was buying random shit and that ended up in some regret buying. I sold off most of my stuff as mentioned before, but kept some as well. Space was also (and is still) an issue, so I figured sticking with the higher end/higher quality stuff would be more rewarding and at the same time help me save space and allow me to focus.

I still have random G1, Classics, etc stuff too. If you think you will regret, just store em away. That's what I did with my Alt/Binaltech. I have them up for sale on my list here, but it's not a huge rush to get rid of them.

11. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I want to change my collection.

Considering Dumping my G1 and Movie line stuff.

Takes up alot of room and ran me way to much money.

12. xMostWanted559x

I kinda feel the same. Focusing in higher stuff would cut down my buying and save room. But if I do it then I'm not turning back lol even if I regret. You have a collection thread? I like to see how all mp and 3rd party looks

13. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually don't yet. Recall we were in the lighting thread together? I'm still putting it together as of now. Right now it's just 2 display cases, one with a sprinkle of 3rd party/MP and Classics, the other empty outside of a Washington Redskins helmet :) 

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    An all MP collection looks really nice and really clean since there isn't too many figures.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Why not? If your tastes are changing and you want a new collection, just do it. An all MP collection would look extremely nice. In the long term I bet you'd save money too.

16. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Having a focus is definitly the KEY when it comes to collecting. Unless your a completess who has to have every single figure. Iv kept my focus around the G1 core figures an then branched out from there. My MP's start with #6 Skywarp to the current #14 RA. I sold all the ones prior to. As for my 3rd party stuff , im very picky ( as there all expensive as hell ). I only really have a few good pieces for now , but that'll probably change come the end of the year. I wouldnt go sell crazy unless you absolutly want to though.

17. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been thinking of getting rid of my classics and just focusing on G1 and Masterpiece. But decided just to take a break from classics for now. I have sold some stuff before and end up buying it again.

18. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently narrowed my collection focus, and sold a vast majority of my collection. I kept my G1 (84 & 85 figures), Classics (based on 84 & 85 figures), and Masterpiece. 3rd Party figures stayed if they fit into the above criteria.

Movies, Alts, A/E/C, and all that stuff are long gone, and I'm much happier for it. If you do sell anything, justremember you can always buy it again down the road. Nothing is irreplaceable, and they're just toys.

19. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

I got rid of the majority of my Beast Wars like 2 years ago. Other than a few I am glad I did. After the newer figures came out I just didn't fiddle with them anymore. I do still love the basics for the first wave

20. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    I have narrowed my collection down to Prime/ Primal, Sideswipe, Skywarp Grimlock and Tracks. I have a few iterations of each character (except for Prime, he's around 30 alone). There are a few exceptions (Hot Rod, Primus). I agree with others, having a point of focus for your collection makes you spend less and allows you to put your money where it counts to you.