changes you would have made to TF1

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by supernova222, Nov 1, 2012.

1. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i make rachet and wheeljack as doctors in 1st tf flim

2. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

Starscream shouting as "You pathetic FOOLS" as he strikes from above. You don't have to change anything really, just add the speech.

3. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

1. No toilet or crude humour. Have the humour be subtle, but hilarious.
    2. No new Transformers, but Blackout would survive.

4. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

This

5. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

This and the Decepticons speaking english, if the Autobots can do it, they can too.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Only for him to die in the sequel at the hands of Givemeyourface-amus.

But yeah Blackout deserved better than being shot in the balls.

7. G1Jazz

G1Jazz Saboteur

Give Jazz more lines/screen time. Let. Him. Live!!!! :cry  oh, and give Ratchet more lines/screen time. He was such an insignificant character it got pointless to even HAVE him.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Heck, even thrown a line like that in when he's just bombarding Ratchet/Ironhide/Sam in the street. "There's no escape!" Only for him to promptly attack and fly away. Irony.

9. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

While that Ironhide design is wicked cool (and would be awesome to see in the movie) you do realize that that particular Ironhide design is near-movie-ish combined with his more G1 look and really isn't that far from the movie other than color, right?

But they roughly did do that with at least some of them. Optimus you'd never mistake for someone else, he's that close. Bumblebee looks like Goldbug to some degree and Jazz looks like Jazz. The most drastic changes on the autobot side were Ironhide and Ratchet. Ironhide I didn't mind the switch, Ratchet I prefer something closer to the Prime cartoon.

Now decepticons however... :)  Yeah, I'll be here all week on where they went wrong, I'm not touching that one.

10. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Jazz doesn't get torn in two by Megatron

11. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Starscream was pretty unmistakable in my opinion. They're both jets with a roughly triangular shape, and the cockpit window in the center of their chest. They also both had wings that stick up in robot mode on either shoulder.

Megatron looked more like his G1 form in the second movie. Entirely silver, with a huge fusion cannon on his right arm. Even his head is somewhat roughly shaped similar. And the fact that he turns into a tank is reminiscent of...G2, I believe?

12. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

Megatron thankfully got better with each movie. Yeah you're right, he does look a bit (lot) more Megatron in RotF and DotM.

Starscream...yeah there are a lot of nods to/in Starscream (and Shockwave is a good modern update as well, despite woefully being underused in DotM). Good call. I just have such a hard time with Screamer's ferret head shape.

13. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    See, the problem that arises when people try to say "I wish the Decepticons looked more like their G1 versions" is that, well, very few of the Decepticons in Bayformers have actually had a G1 version or a "traditionally used design". Think of it this way:

Megatron? Has looked very different in nearly every continuity (think G1 to BW to RID to Armada to Energon to Cybertron, etc.), and as such, the movies were yet another different design. HIs only constant is change. There really isn't a set Megatron design. No, not even the bucket-head, arm-cannon design. That's really only made a comeback because of TFA, WFC/FOC and TFP.

Starscream? As jru pointed out, there are several design cues that harken back to a typical Starscream design, even if his overall silhouette has changed.

Soundwave? Both his RotF and DotM designs have plenty of similarities that allow you to identify him as a Soundwave.

Shockwave? Identifiably Shockwave, no question.

Brawl? Big, green, turrets, treads, tank-guy.

Long Haul? Big, green, dump truck. Pretty accurate.

Ravage? Giant, vicious looking robo-panther.

Laserbeak? Giant, vicious looking robo-bird.

EDIT: Wow, there's actually more than I had thought.

But everyone else? Most of the other 'Cons are nameslaps, new characters or haven’t really had an established “visual identity” yet because they either haven’t appeared as often or are minor characters. Grindor? Blackout? Barricade? Sideways? Variety of different designs/characters. The Constructicons are construction vehicles. That's pretty much the extent of any "visual identity" to them. Even The Fallen has really only had one major design (giant flaming guy) prior to RotF. So the designers can basically play with these characters and make them whatever they want, because they don’t have as rich of a visual history as the others.

So in the end, Bayformers is really a nice, even split when it comes to new designs, identifiable designs and good reference-filled designs (I've got a whole essay written that further explains the breakdown of character designs, if anyone is interested. :lol  ), hardly the "travesty" that a lot of people claim it to be with designs.

14. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    More screen time for the Bots and Cons.
    More dialogue for Starscream
    Have Soundwave in the movie
    Megatron lives at the end of the movie.

15. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Paint more flames on Optimus Prime.

16. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I know what almost every Autobot in the films looked like in G1 (except for Skids and Mudflap), but all those 'Cons you just mentioned? No clue.

17. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    See? And that's what I'm getting at. There's more "G1-inspired" designs than a lot of people let on.

Only half of the Bayformers 'Cons even have the potential to have a "design more like their G1 counterpart". The half that does have the potential (Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, and the other few) do resemble them to a certain extent. The others that don't have the potential? Obviously don't resemble anything G1, because they can't.

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Jazz lives. Pretty much the only thing I had a big problem with.

19. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Yeah I didn't like Jazz dying, my all time favourite dies, ahhhh.