Minor/Repaint: Chaindrive for Nexus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by batmanprime, Feb 5, 2017.

1. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    First to come off the assembly line is: Chaindrive. He was built using CW Blades as the base. The stabilizers are the spoilers from Energon Rodimus, extra rotors came from Vortex, and the connector for them came from some random KO I had laying around. The guns mounted on his arms are little Kreo pistols, and I sanded off his face and attached the one from TR Crashbash. Pretty straightforward build.

Paint was all done with rattle cans. Since these guys were only mentioned in Novels, and never shown anywhere, I had to take a few liberties. I’ve seen a couple of Nexus Primes made to look real similar to the TFCC version and they are too awesome. I always try to be as original as possible, or at least do something to make my work different in some way, so I decided I would go with the Aligned version. I mean it doesn’t really matter anyway since at the time they were thought up NP was still a Universal Singularity, which makes them all the same guy anyway. But in my mind he’s a mixture of the two, so I needed to find a mould that works for each team member.

Chaindrive sounds like Chain Gun, so I decided to go with a helicopter alt-mode for him and deco it out like Chain gun. This let me make up a back story where he and Topspin are the same dude, but I can use the different deco to set him apart from the work of other artists.

Please let me know what you think:

Chaindrive:

Function: Cavalier/Adventurer

Group: The Thirteen

“By your will Primus”

Strength: 7 Intelligence: 8 Speed: 9

Endurance: 8 Rank: 8 Courage: 9

Firepower: 6 Skill: 10

Spent eons feeling like there was something missing in his life. Finding out that he was part of a combiner was the best thing to happen to him in his memory. Highly skilled at aerial combat and silent flight, uses twin electro-lasers to blast holes and simultaneously short out the systems of enemy combatants. Can travel farther and faster than any other Helicopter alt-moded bot. Part of his rotors separate to become his portion of the Blades of time. Possessed with the ability to remove any spark for transplant, and even separate it into multiple new ones without hurting the original. Forms any limb of Nexus Prime, though nominally, his placement is as the left arm.

Attached Files:

• cd1.png
      cd1.png
      File size:
      244.6 KB
      Views:
    • cd2.png
      cd2.png
      File size:
      313.6 KB
      Views:
    • cd3.png
      cd3.png
      File size:
      336 KB
      Views:
    • cd4.png
      cd4.png
      File size:
      329.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Awesome work! I especially love the rotor swords.

3. UnderlordZ

UnderlordZ Autobot Cadet

Very cool. Can't wait to see your rendition; then we can compare!

4. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Would have been nice if hasbro did this for vortex.

5. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Like what you did with the alt mode, gives him a more military feel. Some paint applications to break up the black would really make this a solid custom, as the alterations to alt mode are pretty tight.

6. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Agreed. Waiting til all 5 are done to see what I want to do, since they will only be displayed as Nexus on my Prime shelf.

7. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

I like the dark theme to the alt mode. The additional stabilizers give me quite an Airwolf vibe. Dig the swords as well. Nice work.