Certain Affinity's Transformers Online

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fox13, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    This has become a yearly thing now we've been doing this for 4 years now

• Like Like x 1
  2. TalonX2

TalonX2 Member

this is so sad :( 

3. VVa

VVa I play to win, and I'm not a good loser.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Soundwave, play Despacito.

• Like Like x 1
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We gotta move on. Get past the denial stage.

5. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Genuine question, I can't remember and I can't be bothered to scrub through 50 pages, was there ever actually any tangible evidence of this game being a thing, or have we spent 50 pages grasping at rumor straws.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    There were leaked internal design documents with a tentative title and story, as well as an outline of core game mechanics.

• Like Like x 3
  7. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    -A 2017 legal licence agreement document between Hasbro and Leyou Technologies.

-Another leaked Leyou Technologies document which showcased descriptions and early concepts on what was planned for the game. Most likely presented at business meetings.

-Leyou Technologies teasing they were working on a Transformers AAA free to play title at ChinaJoy 2019.

-Early Certain Affinity job listings in 2017-2018 contained descriptions akin to, “robots, vehicles and weapons.” There were also resumes of former Certain Affinity employees which included their work on Transformers. Some resumes under the name of “Transformers Impact”.

-As time went on, Leyou Technologies would post updated business documents on their website concerning the status of the company. They would continually fund Certain Affinity’s work on Transformers (over $30 million has been put into the project).

• Like Like x 8
  8. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

Yes, it was a thing, key word is was. The game was in fact in development to a point, but a lot has happened since all the leaks. Yes, I do think it is being worked on to some capacity, but whether it has been shifted into something entirely new is still up to debate. A new game is coming, I think that has been confirmed plenty enough times by multiple sources, the new keyword is where. Since hasbro created their own internal game studio, I would imagine it's because this game is being shifted/merged/whatever to new studios. There is still a very good chance Certain Affinity is still working on it, and Hasbro is just changing publishers and probably bring their own studio or new studios into play so they can have more control on factors out of their hands previously.

Hell, I still wouldn't put it past them to make an announcement sometime in 2022. Small chance, but every other game company seems to think 2022 is going to be a good year and trying to release their heavy hitters then.

• Like Like x 6
  9. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I've been asking around.

People who know employees who worked on the TF game at Certain Affinity states that their friends are no longer working for the TF project. Not sure if others are working on it, but these are some senior-level people who have stepped away.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    More evidence confirming that the game is likely never coming.

11. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I hope a developer comes out and spills the beans on what this was meant to be and why it died, like Animal Wars or the Flash game.

12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We know why it died, because this company’s development was apparently purely for increasing their worth with all these big IP’s so that they got paid more when bought out. It was just so they could get some quick cash out of a buyout.

• Like Like x 4
  13. GamingDotCom

GamingDotCom Well-Known Member

Im gonna cry SO hard :( ((((((

14. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Now that seems scummy.

15. Soundlips

I can't say I am overly surprised but I won't make judgement till the official word is put out. I still wouldn't call this game entirely dead because I got a feeling they just transfered what was already made to another studio to finish or merge it into something new

• Like Like x 3
  16. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Is there any way to get in contact with some of the guys over at Splash Damage? They stepped in to assist Certain Affinity develop some of the Multiplayer components for Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That basically never happens. Again you more than likely will never hear official word this is dead until maybe years down the line. As for transferring work to another studio, that doesn’t happen. It’s easier to just start over completely than use someone else’s work, engine and programming that was halted half way through. Seen it time after time in development. Whatever was there before will stay on someone’s computer and have nothing done with it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Soundlips

And... another event come and gone without a peep... and this surprises nobody.

• Like Like x 3
  19. mr cheetor

mr cheetor Member

I heard about a transformers rise of the beasts game coming soon later next year
    it will feature beast wars and g1 bots I'd prefer a transformers fighting videogame featuring both g1 and g2 ,movies and bw and bm and the gameplay is similar to mortal kombat my dream transformers fighting game I would tap nether realm studios or capcom for this game

20. JoshimusPrime93

JoshimusPrime93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rise of the Beasts has been delayed by a full year, it's now coming out June 9th 2023

• Like Like x 3