Transformers: Reactivate General Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fox13, Jan 6, 2019.

1. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i wonder if the game is not canceled can we possibly get the ability to be a trip changer as some sort of future content i feel like they shouldnt release everything right away and then have the game be boring i hope they space the content apart

• Like Like x 2
  2. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hm, I could see Halo Infinite taking up a lot of their time this year depending on how much work still has to be done.

Yeah spreading stuff like that out would increase the longevity of the games lifespan, and interest too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Like any game, they get better with more updates. As far as releasing all the content up front, idk, as we haven't seen anything yet, but probably except there to be a lot of updates, as I think they are basing it off the Warframe model.

Personally, i love the idea of triple changers; however, I think they will run into a balancing issue if they do because they are essentially combining multiple classes into one and it will be a balancing/nerf nightmare. You have to remember they are using the frame mindset and not the WFC/FoC mindset, so a good portion of the characters will most likely be pre-determined and will start a whole issue of who's a good/bad frame.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

The problem of online games is the balance. I mean, they are fun but they are better if they aren't balanced. For example, imagine playing God of War but you have to be balanced, or imagine playing with Bructicus or Grimlock in foc but they gotta be balanced.
    One of my fav TF games of all time is TF1 from Ps2. I could feel the level of powers of each bot and how amazing they were. Bumblebee was cool, his weapons could make a considerable damage in weak enemies, but then IRONHIDE, oh man his shots were so OP. Then we took STARSCREAM- oh shit his shots were nuke. Their melee also changed a lot. Now in Foc if you are a plane or a car whatever, the difference is pretty small

A thing I really want to see in a Tf game is bot mode being able to use vehicle abilities. Like Sideswipe who got wheels in the feet and was agile, Starscream flies and uses missiles, and Brawl uses everything his tank has. One thing I didn't like in foc was that the vehicle had some weapons but the bot had others. Like, a plane had missiles but the robot mode didn't unless you get the missile launcher weapon. So, a cool balance method to see would be if triple changers didn't have the vehicle abilities in bot modes, which kinda look stupid and it'd be more badass to be a flying dude who can shoot tank shots.
    Being able to be a predacon or dinobot would be awesome too

One thing that I hated in Avengers and I guess it's what sucks in some characters is balance. Hulk can't be as OP as he should be. Just an example.
    But a thing I'd like to point is that cybertronian vehicles aren't the same as ours. I mean, see how much fire power BB had in Dotm, cars don't need to be weak like in TF1 game (and it's good to point Lockdown was a sport car and he f**ked Prime who is a truck)

5. GrimlockPrime19

Do we know if it'll be open world?

6. Soundlips

News Credits:
    It will be to a point like Destiny or Warframe where you will explore areas, but it probably wont be something super crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just an updated summary on everything we know for clarity:

-Developed by Certain Affinity (previous work involves Multiplayer components of Call of Duty, Halo, DOOM, etc) and published by Leyou Technologies (new publisher after Activision).

-A third person shooter

-PvE centric; PvP competitive Multiplayer was hinted at very early on but whether it’s to be included in the final product is unknown. If so, it’ll be the first console PvP experience since Transformers: Fall of Cybertron in 2012.

-On PC and console (PS4, Xbox One). Many job listings on Certain Affinity’s website suggests they were looking to optimize/create games for next-gen as well.

-Announced to be “free-to-play” and follow a “games as a service” model (ChinaJoy 2019).

-May or may not debut in its own universe (G1 likeness; 1984-1985, Generations licensing was given to Certain Affinity). Some rumours suggest it could also tie in with the WFC Trilogy branding but seeing as Kingdom is more than half finished by this point, I wouldn’t give this much attention. Beast Wars may also be included for the upcoming anniversary (+licensing of BW characters to Certain Affinity, +mentioned “beast” characters in pitch slideshow).

-The game has been in development for almost 4 years (in October 2021).

-Transformers Online” is a tentative title. It may or may not change.

-The game was originally called, “Transformers Impact”.

-Leyou Technologies has also worked on Warframe, which is somewhat of a looter shooter. Some of Certain Affinity’s job listings suggest looter shooter elements in some of the games they’re developing. Transformers was also directly influenced by Warframe and Bungie’s Destiny.

-Certain Affinity has many former Bungie employees working on Transformers.

-Leyou Technologies contract with Hasbro and the Transformers licence expires in 2024.

• Like Like x 9
  8. GrimlockPrime19

Aren't those just small jobs?

9. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Going to unwatch this thread. I'll find out about the game when/if it's ever announced. Just see this thread bumped way too much for nothing happening.

10. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Depends on how you look at it. People tend to give Certain Affinity a lot of credit and respect when it comes to the Halo franchise. So much to the point where there’s a community of people who want Certain Affinity to helm the property over 343.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Soundlips

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say nothings happening, as we are trying our best to find new info as we all want this game, but you have to remember it's just fans trying to find out more info with occasional success. Still, if you are a die hard and want more info, this is the best bet to find it as we will probably be one of the first people to find info out on this game. This place is no doubt for the die hards here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Except we've found nothing out. It's just the same “we can't say anything” message over and over again and people speculating.

13. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This is the part that worries me. Unless the license is extended, what can a game do if it's just entering beta at the end of 2021? Even if we have full 2024 and the beta completes by Mid 2022, it'll give just 2.5 years of shelf life for the game. Considering it's an MMO, that's an extremely short lifespan for such a game of the genre.

• Like Like x 5
  14. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If it's a success they'll renew it. If it fails, no point in maintaining it any longer than needed to.

• Like Like x 4
  15. GamingDotCom

GamingDotCom Well-Known Member

Also last year they replied this way, it surely doesn't feel like a no

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Soundlips

News Credits:
    The point is that they are answering. If the game was cancelled, they would have gotten tired of us asking about it and told us it was cancelled. I mean look at Respawn, they got tired of people asking for Titanfall 3 so they just flat out said that there is no development on a Titanfall 3 period.

17. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Difference is EA/respawn owns titan fall. Certain affinity and leyou do not own transformers so contracts keep them from saying anything. Even “no” can break terms.

18. Megatron Unicronus

Megatron Unicronus Needs LEGO Optimus

News Credits:
    I think the game is cancelled, it’s been almost 4 years. I am going to be so fucking pissed if the game actually comes out, and isn’t on the Switch.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GamingDotCom

Games take time ya know, also no it wont come to switch i think

• Like Like x 2
  20. GamingDotCom

• Like Like x 6