Certain Affinity's Transformers Online

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Fox13, Jan 6, 2019.

1. GamingDotCom

GamingDotCom Well-Known Member

i like to think that this game if it succeds its gonna ba a whole ass new continuity, and through updates or Bios inside the game we get to see the story

2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well, I was just about to post something and noticed the coincidence of the current discussion going on here. :D 

Anyway, the news I'm trying to say is: A lot of key people working on the CA TF project have moved on to other projects or companies. At least, that's what I heard from a good friend anyway.

This indicates two things:
    1. Transformers MMO project is nearing its completion and the staff has been descoped to smaller tasks or maintenance duties.
    2. The project is in development hell.

I hope it's outcome #1 since several years' worth of effort went into this.

• Like Like x 15
  3. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Duke Nukem Forever.

Given their previous work I assume the game will be a fps, but I'd really prefer if it was a tps and didn't try to chase the Overwatch / e-sports crowd.

4. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

Dear lord I hope it’s option 1. I NEED another transformers game and that weird turn-based thing that came out a few months ago isn’t going to cut it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Now I'm a bit worried. They started in late 2017 - early 2018, which is great amount of time to come up with something great. It's more time than what they spent on WFC and FOC. So hopes are high. I just don't want this to go to waste... But if we are looking for announcement, E3 is not that far away.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Check farther back in the thread; leaked internal design docs suggest it will be a hybrid of Warframe and Destiny, combining elements of both.

7. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think the first one is a more than a safe bet. And coming from you, I trust this information.

• Like Like x 3
  8. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

News Credits:
    Not really sure what to make of that, I'd need to see it in action, just a couple of years to go then :oops: 

9. Blam320

News Credits:
    It means we're not getting a Hero Shooter like Overwatch, or anything that panders to the eSports scene. We're going to be getting an action RPG. As the design doc says, it's going to have a blend of open-world and instanced play areas, with a heavy emphasis on mobility using your vehicle mode.

10. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

News Credits:
    I suppose we'll see how on the mark that is when it comes out.

11. Blam320

News Credits:
    Here's the link to the post, in case you haven't found it.
    While certain details are likely to have changed, most of this information should still be true about the game, including the overall design direction.
    Certain Affinity's Transformers Online

• Like Like x 2
  12. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thanks. Also, just remembered that LeYou was acquired by Tencent at the end of last year. A layoff may have taken place as well. After the acquisition, LeYou's official website is gone. Thus the original location of the LeYou Annual Reports is gone with it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn that is a bummer if that is the case

14. JoshimusPrime93

JoshimusPrime93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay now I'm extremely nervous

15. Robomike27

Robomike27 Member

If it's a director, creative, or project manager that left then kiss option 1 goodbye imo.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

News Credits:
    Thanks, had a look at it, and it seems pretty ambitious given they've only really worked on multiplayer components for other IP, I wonder if it was too big for them and that's what happened here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blam320

News Credits:
    Dude quit being so pessimistic.

18. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

News Credits:
    Pessimism is what helped me reach the ripe old age of eighty, so I think I'll keep it up. It's been three years and we still haven't seen anything, I don't really see a reason to remain optimistic at this point, hoping it isn't dead's the best I can do.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

Just out of curiosity, is this a reliable source? The game hasn't even been fully announced so there is a lot of speculation and rumor based around the game, and it has been quite common for people to make click bait or false rumors. Personally, I find the source to be a little questionable (but all leakers are). The thing I know for sure is that this game is in development hell, as it was obvious before Covid hit and with Covid it is still to be determined if they were able to course correct.

Assuming the first bit is true, if people are moving on to other projects and God forbid other games, then the game is dead. This is the same strategy they did for Anthem, Avengers, Andromeda, and many more. When a company sees that the game is no longer viable, the first thing they do is set it to a skeleton crew to meet the bare bone minimums. If high leadership who have been there 15-20 years or so leave, then the company is going down the tube and everyone is jumping ship. I shouldn't even have to remind everyone that this is bad as we have seen time and time again that the finished product is pile of shit.

At least in recent past, when nearing the end cycle of development, I've primarily heard of the opposite with crunch, where it's all hands on deck to finish the game, so to hear the opposite is strange at least. Almost every major game launch in the past 5 years has had crunch, so to not hear it makes me suspicious especially since the game needs to be tested, tweaked, and balanced, a bunch. It just sounds strange that they would get rid of a bunch of people at the end instead of focusing on polishing and bug fixing or just finishing the game.

The only concrete faith fact I have about this game right now is that if it was truly cancelled, the investors would be the first to know, and someone would leak it as some of the documents/info go public. The only take away I can maybe take away is that the game is still happening, it just might not be the quality we want, just from this supposed leak.

With any leakers, take it with a grain of salt, as most are incorrect, some kinda get it, and very rarely are they spot on. Not saying the source is total bs, but just don't believe everything you read on the internet without some solid facts behind it. Truly, we will just have to wait and see what official info will be released before we make final judgments.

Also a reminder that E3 and similar announcements are not that far off, and seeing how they are slowing giving a little more about it, makes me think they are going to say something about it soon, now what that is exactly is anyone's guess

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

Dates To Watch Out For:

E3: June 12th-15th

GDC: July 19th-23rd

Summer Game Fest: Summer 2021

Game companies are starting to reveal when and where they are doing their reveals for this year. Just in the past day we have had 2 more companies say which event they are going to, so it's only a matter of time now. There are at least three major events planned, plus at least two separate individual events, Sony and Ubisoft, so the question is, which event are they going to.

The focus right now should be asking Certain Affinity what event they are going to or if they are even going, and not the game itself, as they will most likely be more willing to answer that than about the game itself (as proven in the past). Watch their social media feeds and start asking, because it they do announce it, it will be out of the blue.

• Like Like x 8