Caution: Renderform

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetfire37, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Greetings,

My Blast Off Head/Gun upgrade kit from Renderform finally arrived after waiting for several months.:mail Their detail work is amazing but much to my dismay they sent me a deformed one by accident. The light-piping plastic was mis-molded causing the left side of his head to bend outward and cannot be fixed without destroying it in the process.

I emailed Renderform with a photo and I got a super friendly response within 24hrs. They apologized saying it should have went into the reject bin and I was offered a replacement head as another batch was coming up in a couple of days. They said they would get a new one out to me asap and email me when it ships out.

That was a month ago, I never got an email and all attempts to contact them have thus been ignored. :banghead: 

I am not trying to insult Renderform but I unsure what to do at this point. More than a dozen of my local and TFW2005 friends wanted to place orders with Renderform but have thus halted until they see how this is resolved.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :bowdown: 

Should I keep emailing them or chalk it up as a loss? :cry 

Thanks,

Matt Harker~

(Apologies for the blurry photo, it was the best I could do with my hand tremors)

Blastoff.1jpg.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Patience is the key here. I had the same issue with the same piece (both the defect and "delay" in replacement). It did take a month or two before I got my replacement, but it did come (and with an extra accessory).

I found out in my experience that Venska (Renderform is a one man operation) can be a tad slow and communication can be midly broken. He spreads himself quite thin is all. You will get your product just hang out for a bit.

3. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I was in contact with Venska on July 9th. Replacement arrived August 25th. Zero communication in between.

He has quite a big fan base and a lot of people swear by him. I think you're gonna be ok.

4. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh WOW, just one dude?

Thank you for the response poisoncow, I had no idea it was just one guy. With all he offers, I thought Renderform was a whole company ha ha!

Love the gun from the set but the filled in barrel looked a bit odd so I drilled it out with my Dremel drill press! I would love to order the Cannon for Swindle buuuut I think I am going to wait for the replacement first...:lol 

I will be patient but he should definitely refrain from telling people he will ship in a few days. I took his word for it and that's what threw me off when I received no email or shipment.

I appreciate you clearing that up for me, it gave me a bit more reassurance and a lot less confusion. No worries and again, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I think he means to get it out quickly hut then gets side tracked. Like I said he spreads himself thin with cons and new designs and what not. I think he means and expects to get it out in a few days and then wanders.

I'm shocked we had the same exact defect.

[​IMG]

I sanded my original one down a bit and gave it away to a friend.

6. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy Chit! It's nearly identical to mine! With it being a one man operation, QC has gotta be a bitch! The right side of his head was perfectly fine on mine but it looks like you had issues on both. He would save himself so much time if he offered it as a kit. I would be perfectly content assembling it myself as it would allow me to fix possible errors before they become permanently glued together. Thanks for the pic!
    :jawdropper:  I think what happens is the translucent plastic has bits left over from when they were on a tree and they don't get sanded enough so they push the helmet out on the sides. I could fix it myself but I have no way to dissolve the glue without frosting the plastic.

7. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Was yours glued? Mine wasn't. I was able to pull the mouth plate right out and then sand it down and place it back in. It also sits a bit loose on the ball so I futured it for a more snug fit as well.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Azim is a stand up guy and always takes care of things if they should go awry.

9. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    This. I've had nothing but excellent experiences buying from him and know that he'll get your issue corrected.

10. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

What they said. Give him time. He's super busy.

11. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    have patience, he'll take care of it. i've been a loyal customer of his for 6+ years and he does get busy with making castings and responding, but everything came through except one lost package (not his fault and resolved well), and it usually came with bonus weapons if there was hiccups.

-

12. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I my self ordered the darkwing head/gun set from them and it took 6 months to get to my mailbox. I contacted them after the 3rd month and he responded that he was getting over the flu and was in the process of doing the batch my order was in. I myself had the flu at the time so I understood and waited patiently until it arrived. I would have wanted him to feel at a 100% and do my order than feel like garbage and receive a bad order.

• Like Like x 1