*Cartoon colors?* Igear Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wildfly, Sep 9, 2011.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
  2. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

That does look sweet indeed. If it is coming, I can see myself buying it, considering the cost of the Takara version and the lack of a Hasbro MP TC.

3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    what i have been waiting for :drool:  would be nice if the blue was a tiny bit darker though ! missed a takara thundercracker on ebay the other day went for £140 was gutted cheapest i have seen it go for in ages

4. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Looks great i want one

5. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ......Oh I HOPE that's real... Thundercracker is my favorite seeker! Also nice is that he has his white face instead of a dark face

6. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh this is so so bought!

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    All of the flat paint and the lack of silver on the intakes makes it look cheap. I see the desire to have an "anime" version of Seekers, but Masterpiece is all about taking the influences from animation as well as from the toys and blending them together cohesively. Anyways, I do have to say it's tempting. I still foresee Hasbro making a Thundercracker, though it just won't be at Wal*mart (can't imagine why).

I really like the leg modification iGear has made for the Seekers, though. I'd really like to see iGear make a set of leg mod upgrades for all of the existing MP Seekers. It would be on the same skill level as the Kup head (unscrew/install/re-screw], and they have demonstrated the capacity to make this sort of thing. I'd like to think since iGear was able to offer the Kup head at reasonable price, they could offer both a set and individual sets (like a US Starscream set, TakaraTOMY Thundercracker set, etc.).

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i knew it would happen.....but i hoped it wouldn't......and now the hopes for a US thundercracker is now dead probably.....

damn igear, you just want me to hate you don't you?

why won't this mold burst into flames and just go away

seriously think about it, with the failure of MP skywarp by people being too cheap to pay full retail for him, the chances of an MP thundercracker by hasbro is already SEVERELY limited, this is the final nail in the coffin, cause the majority of people with a hole in their seeker collection will grab this instead of waiting

9. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely this.

I asked them if they would release kits like that but they never answered.

10. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wrote it this early morning when I discovered the thing.... I really really hope it's not a joke ! I asked it to igear guys, I hope they'll confirm is real and really coming eheh :) 

11. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was just thinking that myself. the only thing needed really is the black piece that slides up. i wouldn't be surprised that even if they didn't do it it won't be long before someone casts it and sells it. I've been hoping that the would do the upgrade sets for the legs. its the only thing i hate about seekers

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i hope it isn't true, cause this could be a horrible thing if it was to happen

igear, please, leave this knockoff shit in the past and keep moving forward and make original stuff damnit!

13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I agree with you on the leg mods. If iGear offered these as upgrade parts, I would buy them all for my Takara MP G1-colored Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker (provided they get the colors right so it doesn't look all mismatched). But the preexisting hip kibble on the official MPs doesn't bother me enough to mod the figures myself (though I could if I wanted to with my trusty Dremel XD).

That said, this anime TC is definitely neat but the overall aesthetic of it wouldn't fit in at all with the rest of my collection. But if it floats people's boats, it could be nice for a TC fanatic.

I also wouldn't be adverse to more G1 show accurate heads for the original three Seekers. A lot of folks have stated that there is just something off about the existing MP head sculpt, and I do agree to a certain extent. As it stands, the default heads are too narrow and too small. iGear, having already made the cartoon heads for MP Prime/UM and Faith Leader, along with Cygar Kup, would already be a shoe-in for this. A new head should be a bit wider and bigger (for better proportions with the body), and have a bit more flare to the outer intakes on the sides of the "helmet".

While they were at it, iGear could also improve upon the changeable facial expressions for Skywarp (creepy smile) and Thundercracker (looks constipated). A smirky Starscream is a definite given, of course. XD Being able to transform the figure with the new heads isn't a requirement in my book since the heads can easily be popped on and off the ball joint anyway, much like MP Prime/UM and Faith Leader. C'mon, iGear, get on it!

14. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    noooooooo this would be awesome!

15. guard convoy

News Credits:
    no it wouldn't, think about it, seriously, this would literally KILL any chance for a hasbro MP thundercracker. The chances now are limited thanks to the failure of skywarp, but like i said this would be the final nail in the coffin.

thank goodness it seems TRU has had successes with masterpiece figures so far, even if it means i can't get them. cause if this would of happen and wal-mart took thundercracker and it bombed worse than skywarp and we hadn't gotten the TRU masterpieces, i really doubt hasbro would of continued with masterpieces. I know it is an extreme but this could have disatorous effects

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Decowise........i think Takara have flipped and flopped whenever they think a change of position will make them more money. Speaking of which, why would igear sell upgrades when they can charge us for the whole toy.

Not that i wouldn't mind said upgrade kit(s) myself.

Maybe a third party company can copy iGear : p

Odds are it's real. If there was any faint chance of a US version of MP Thundercrakcer from the mold, i'm inclined to think this is the final nail in the proverbial coffin.

17. deathsheadII

News Credits:

honestly if we were going to get a hasbro thundercracker from the original seeker mold we would have got it by now!! so i would say it will never happen anyway! i think you need to wake up and smell the coffee :wink:  but the seekers are rumored to get a reboot by takara so most probably will get all 3 done again...so this is great news to me that igear look like they are making him in that mold

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    If the grey was silver and the blue was slightly darker, I'd probably go for it. Not totally into it right now, though.

19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Well we can't really say that for sure. Starscream came out in the fall/winter of 2007. Same with Skywarp, but that came out in 2009. Its 2011 now. So....if we see nothing this Christmas season, then I'll agree with ya.

20. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Given iGear's rather limited market compared to Hasbro, I doubt this would affect the chances of an official North American release whatsoever.

However, given what happened with Skywarp, I don't think any of us held out much hope for one to begin with.

Yet again, iGear's just filling a void we all knew was unlikely to be filled by Hasbro. I will certainly have no moral objection to picking this up to fill out my Seeker display. :)