Car vandalized and everything stolen...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sylent, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    OP, if the police refuse to cooperate, perhaps you should go up the food chain or contact local media. Your sympathetic story might grease the wheels.

On the topic of the electronic devices, see if you can't find the serial numbers in your records. This article may be of interest. So might this. And if Windows 10 is relevant, read this. (I'm going to look into this myself!)

And I would strongly suggest contacting Walgreens about that security footage. I don't know if they would give it to you, but at the very least they need to be persuaded to preserve it. No idea how long they keep those recordings.

Many years ago, I was abruptly awoken by a roommate. "Spekkio, your wheels are gone." Huh? I threw some clothes and shoes on and went outside to find that someone had jacked my car up in its parking space and stolen all four wheels. These were stock alloy wheels on a Chevrolet Cavalier (LS Sport Special Edition, baby! The redundancy makes it go faster!), mind you. Nothing crazy fancy. The police were sympathetic, but basically said it was a lost cause since there aren't serial numbers or anything. They figured it was someone desperate for tires that would pass inspection. Insurance replaced them, so not the end of the world, but not a fun time. I have had wheel locks ever since.

EDIT: I just realized that this incident was four months ago, so my ideas are probably worthless at this point. Oops.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018