Captured Prey?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RavX, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    <.< I will say, the ninety day limits on the POLs vary. >.> Mines been uh.. Telling me I need to ship for over a month now. >.> Don't tell me how to live my life BBTS.

2. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    not before it ships…before it even processes. they waited weeks after everyone else's to process my phoenix and a few other peoples. then we need to wait the 3-5 days after they print the label same as everyone else

3. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is a sad thread to read. I hope all is well with all at captured prey. I've never had problems with them either. They just never had any stock so I moved on. I figured that they're shutting down. With my brothers moving to Louisville, KY, that gave me an excuse to go to their satellite store. It was bare.

It doesn't look good but I hope that they can sort out all of their [apparent] problems.

• Like Like x 5
  4. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Reverse gears on that prepaid pre-order; now. If you used Paypal, go through paypal to reverse it. If you used a credit card, go to your bank. A no-response is unacceptable.
    There was a recent posts on April 9th on Facebook by them so they are alive. Your post went unanswered. This is business. Customer loyalty is out the door with this behaviour.

Tell Paypal or your bank that the shop just couldn't get the stock or is unresponsive and you are no longer willing to wait. If you mention they might be going under, then the bank will stall leaving you holding the bag.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Rhinestone Ronin

The Rhinestone Ronin Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I pre-ordered Megadoragon about a year ago so I don't believe PayPal or the banks will help me. He kept stringing me along saying "it's coming" and then "please wait on the 2nd run". I'm probably screwed, but thanks for the advice.

6. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

that's awful. How do companies get away with this behavior?

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    My last 2 purchases with him were a 2nd run Megatron , and a + sideswipe last year. Both times once the item came in I’d have to contact him due to the fact I wasn’t getting any sort of shipping notice . I’d have to email him and remind him of my order . He did mention there was something wonky going on with payments being received . Regardless , he shipped out both items and they arrived in quickly & in flawless condition. On that note , I trust the man , and highly doubt he’s running off with folks money but at the same time , a reply back to folks does help when there money’s in his hands .

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Yep same with me. Also I believe there was already a second run late last year?

9. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Give it a try with Paypal anyway. As long as you can provide the transaction in your history, Paypal will open a case and refund your money. They are quite accommodating when dealing with unresponsive vendors.

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    If it's anything, it's unreliable suppliers and flaky customers putting the squeeze on operations. If I remember right, he used to work in tech support or a call center. This started out as a side gig long before the "satellite store." And I'm telling you, when you do this as a side gig, you can't absorb as much unadulterated fuckery as the industry's been shoveling out the last five years. Especially if Louisville is the same sort of black hole as Harrisburg. He's _always_ undercut the bigger shops so he's likely had less of a cushion to fall back on when people flake because Hasbro dragged their asses again or something like Sonicron or Spinout or Tumbler happened. I don't expect that any of this is on purpose.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. The Rhinestone Ronin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I managed to get a hold of him. We talked a bit and if he doesn't come through in the next 2 weeks, I will go to PayPal to open a case.

12. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Wow you must be really lucky. What did he say?

13. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    ...interesting. I just tried calling, and when I didn't get an answer I opened a PayPal claim.

If there's any news you can share, please do.

14. The Rhinestone Ronin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He said he was going to take care of everyone, it would take some time, he expected some but not all of the Mega Doragons would be in in a couple weeks, and he apologized. I'm willing to wait a couple weeks and see what happens. I've already waited this long.

• Like Like x 3
  15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Just opened a Paypal claim as well. It's been more than a year, but why the hell not? At the very least, we should prevent him from taking more orders.

16. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply. If he intends on making good, he really should be out in front of this. Communication goes a long way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I mean what's the likelihood he'll be able to fulfill his promise? I think it's zero. Why 2 weeks? His website has a guarantee i.e. he will buy from other vendors if need be to fill customers orders. For the longest time, sites like BBTS, etc had PE Mega Doragon in stock. He didn't do shit.

And why only some? What happens to the rest?

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to hear at least some of you have heard from him.

19. The Rhinestone Ronin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I can't explain his lack of communication. I assume he got in over his head financially, but I don't know. It's not an excuse for his lack of response, but his reputation seemed pretty spotless for years so I'm gonna wait the 2 weeks and see what happens. PayPal and me ain't going nowhere. According to cj37a, I can open a case after a year and PayPal will look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Spence would tell you that you're only acting entitled when you start asking for communication.

• Like Like x 2