Captured Prey?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RavX, Apr 24, 2019.

1. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any insight into what the heck has happened to Sidecutter and Captured Prey support? I have an issue with a shipment I'm trying to resolve and have tried phone calls, emails, FB messages, Tweets, Website Inquiries, and PMs here and have not heard a single peep back. This is going on a 3+ week effort to get any response at all. This used to be my go-to store and Sidecutter has always been uber responsive in the past, but based on some other posts I've seen around the forums that has changed drastically since the beginning of the year.

Holding out hope that I can get this resolved but that above all else Sidecutter is personally OK.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see him every month. He seems fine to me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I know Hellion42 has had a similar issue with his stasis pod order.

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Is your order less than 180 days old, assuming you paid with PayPal? If so, open a claim.

• Like Like x 2
  5. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you think maybe letting him know some buyers are trying to reach him on your next visit or if not out of your way to make an extra stop in a day or so?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

I think a lot of people were left hanging with Planet X Doragon preorders that never were fulfilled.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll let him know.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I've been a bit concerned with the hub bub in the Mega Doragon thread. I really hope Orson is okay and makes those orders right and your order right. He was always a cool guy and a pleasure to order from in the past. Hoping nothing major is wrong.

9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am going to repeat my case here. I had ordered PE Mega Doragon from him. And then other retailers started receiving their stock and I was like "let's give this guy some time, perhaps his is coming from the second batch." Nope. I then called him multiple times, wrote him emails to ask for a refund and finally I complained to the BBB who then sent him a letter or something. The BBB came back to me saying they were unable to contact CP and now CP has a D+ rating. I HATE doing this to a small business, and prior to this I have never had a problem with him. But I can not swallow a 155 dollars loss.

This coming on top of the 360 dollars loss I suffered from Premium Collectables (also a prior sponsor of this website) makes me think that there are some real scums on this website.

• Like Like x 4
  10. robwhit1

robwhit1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love CP and have used them as my “go to retailer” for years. However, something changed last year. They went weeks/months without updating their site and their was a drastic drop in customer service/response time. I’ve used them a couple times since (with little issue) but I’ve stopped placing PO’s.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Not saying this is the case. But I was thinking the other day I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the etailers hit a ruff spot with the markets bubble popping

• Like Like x 2
  12. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think its the "market" but just ripples from the issue they had when their stock got held up at customs coming from TFCon in Canada and from last I read, was still there mid or late last year. That's huge impact on any business and I can't imagine its easy to come back from.

I've had nothing but good experience in the past with them but as of recent hearing the complaints, its a bit disappointing, which is crazy, as I saw them at TFCon in Chicago last year. Hopefully Ikkstakk can put a bug in his ear to make things right for you guys because having someone local to the business in question, is going to be your best options, IMO, seeing he's not replying to any other method tried to date.

Sorry, not trying to put any pressure on you Ikkstakk but whatever you can do, I'm sure would be greatly appreciated to those members in need of help here, as I'm sure they would jump to return the favor. I know I would and have for others, even as far as China with Robotkingdom. This is what I like most about TFW2005 site.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Unfortunately it appears to be yet another example of why you should NOT do preorder business with pay upfront shops. This sounds like at least the 5th example of a previously trustworthy shop encountering issues, if not flat out doing shady shit. Not saying CP is in the latter group, I have no idea the circumstances...but I do know there have been other well meaning shops that fell upon bad circumstances. While I have sympathy for the well intentioned, I'd rather that sympathy not cost me a bunch of money...not to mention you never know when the good intentioned might turn bad.

If there are still pay upfront shops out there, especially smaller shops, I can't recommend strongly enough to stop doing prorder business with them! No offense if you run one of these shops...but if you can't run your business without asking the customer to pay upfront, maybe you're not cut out to be in the business of taking preorders. Sorry, not sorry...

• Like Like x 7
  14. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Hmmmm.... this is a little unsettling. I have an open order with them still... even more so, it's a paid preorder for Fanstoys Blitzwing. :\

15. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Tried these guys out as my first foray into third party Transformers way back when Terminus Hexatron Continuum came out. Ordered in like, November and ended up waiting till sometime in January or February if I recall correctly. Seems like things haven't changed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's ironic is that if you check out his profile, he calls himself "Evil Dealer Scum".

Yeah. I ain't kidding.

17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. They were my go-to retailer as well.

I shop elsewhere now. That and my hobby wants shirked dramatically over the past 2 yrs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've ordered a few things from him over the years with no issues other than him being a little slower in both receiving his stock and shipping it out, but I always got my items in an acceptable timeframe.

I have to agree with @kibble, don't do business with shops/people who require upfront payment on preorders. I mean good grief, preorders have been up for FansToys Trailbreaker and Blitzwing for YEARS, I would hate to think I paid for those back when the preorders first opened up when they don't even appear to be on the radar.

• Like Like x 1
  19. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever ordered from them, but Sidecutter used to be very active on the boards here awhile back. Seemed like a really cool guy. Sad to see things are going south....

20. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for any help you can provide Ikkstakk. Don't really want this to turn into a flame Captured Prey thread - my main reason for asking was to make sure Orson was OK but also to try and gain insight as to why the sudden radio silence from someone who I have been buying from for 8+ years with no issues and prompt communication up until about February of this year.

All of this is completely 180 degrees from what my experience has been before this year, so something had to have changed and I just want understand what can be done to get the communication lines back open to resolve these issues.

• Like Like x 2