Captain Marvel Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

That's good to know. Thanks. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Usually a movie comes out on home video at least three months after its release in theaters. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Movie is coming out on blu ray June 11th!

5. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 1
  6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Pre-order says July 18

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

So I saw that deleted scene everyone is talking about. I agree that it’s really bad. Obviously, they were going for a Terminator 2 reference. However, that sequence in Terminator 2 works for two reasons. The Terminator is a machine that was built to kill, and the bikers provoked violence on him first by putting the cigarette out on his bare chest. Captain Marvel is supposed to be a human protagonist, and nothing the biker does warrants her physical reaction and threat. He doesn’t even come off as creepy or rapey; just like he’s trying too hard. There’s a world of difference between asking someone to smile and threatening to tear someone’s hand off. It’s a good thing that sequence was cut since the logical option would just be to ignore and/or reject him.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:

Here’s another deleted scene. Some think this should’ve been kept in.

EDIT:And here’s another.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Guess that’s why they cut it...

10. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah that scene was just giving off the wrong message, aside from it being a bit cringy. Though I did get the feeling they were trying to get that T2 reference. It just fell flat for me. And honestly, it didn't really add anything of value for the story anyway. The sequence that was in the film worked out better without it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Remember how Pepper was a sociopath who put Tony's life in danger by throwing his helmet away? As in the thing that controls his suit? Of course not because it was a deleted scene and shouldn't count, right?

Also, Carol acting like a criminal? Oh geez! It's not like we have war merchants, assassins and thieves and other people doing immoral things yet we still call them "heroes", right?

Hey, remember when the great American icon Captain America stole a car from an innocent man? Such a hero.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's funny - I always remembered that scene specifically from the trailer and how it ended up being totally different in the movie.

At around the 0:35 second mark...

13. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Ha, that full motorcycle dickhead scene is awesome. I do like the film version as well though.
    Can’t wait to get the blu-ray.

• Like Like x 2
  14. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Don't be fooled... that's not Cap -- it's Shao Kahn!

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  17. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Finally had a chance to watch this. Didn't catch it in theaters because of lack of time and interest. But....really? This is the movie that send geeks everywhere into Ghostbusters reboot levels of frothing rage? :lol  Jesus Christ.

• Like Like x 10
  18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also just watched it. So glad I did not spend any money on this. Apart from the forced messages and "Vers" being just generally a rather badly written and unconvincingly acted character, it was just... BORING. Carol is way too powerful. Are we to expect a final confrontation with a guy she already mopped the floor with after she destroyed warheads and starships? That was weaksauce. Superman has enemies on his power level, or who use kryptonite or other means to get to him (like taking his mother hostage). Carol... has no weakness at all, save for that energy dampener she easily burns out.
    And yeah, Brie cheese cannot convey emotions at all. Her finding out that she has been lied to and that she was from Earth originally, and that she cannot trust her friends and comerades? And her face only portrays mild annoyance.
    I also just had to laugh at how BAD the skrulls are at disguise. This is a species who can mastered disguise to DNA levels, and... they change shapes right in front of the person chasing them, so they will see who they turned into. Or mimic a person whom they just saw Vers encounter? But Talos was the worst at it. Y'know, if I was a person who pretends to be other people as my daily job routine, I would have loooong ago gotten used to the classic "remember when we did this and that here and there, old friend?" question. I'd answer it with "Don't be silly Fury, we have never been to Havanna together." :) 
    As for the forced message, it is not as bad as the haters made it out to be, but it is certainly there. Especially that flashback of multiple men "mansplaining" to her that she cannot be a pilot/good at something. But also apparent in how she just lectures everyone shows off to them, which especially makes Nick Fury look like some inexperienced sidekick to her, when he is an experienced agent at this point already, well past the cold war.
    Also, this takes place in 1995? You mean to tell me giant alien ships appeared as close to the Earth as the Moon, shot space bombs at it that exploded well within our atmosphere, and NOBODY noticed??? Seriously? I believe if this happened the world would be abuzz with news of aliens, instantly, because many countries had the capacity to detect stuff like this at this point.Heck, maybe at first the USA military would have thought it was a nuclear attack on the USA, given that giant explosions happened over their country?

Can we get Danny DeVito to play the Supreme Intelligence, please? Just add cables, he would look perfect. :p 

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wonder why this scene was cut from the film. Pacing, perhaps?

20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, and the movie never explains our villain's motivations. Was Yon-Rogg a patriot? Did he really believe the skrulls were evil and a threat to the kree? If not and he knew they were innocent, why did he hate them so much? Maybe he lost someone to them? We never get any proper explanation, he just turns from stern mentor to genocidal villain at the drop of a hat. Also they show Minn-Erva also knew, but it's quite likely the others didn't, given that one of the guys even tries to go easy on Carol and tells her "Please don't make me do this" which just gets him a face-slam into the wall.
    Also, Fury being an idiot with the cat and getting his eye clawed out was painful to watch. Also, wouldn't he have those scars later too, then?
    Pity, it would have gave more characterisation to Yon-Rogg and the kree, funny I just posted about this right as you were. Though, how could the war have been going on for thousands of years if the skrull are scattered and have no home planet or central government? Frankly I'd like to think Talos and his team was just a peaceful skrull and the rest of them are indeed like the comics and insidious.

• Like Like x 1