Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

this "hail hydra" thing is getting really annoying now.

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Dolza_Khyron

that is just as annoying.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Went out and saw the new Cap movie with some friends. Easily the best Marvel movie since the first one. I haven't seen Thor TDW yet, but from all that I've heard, I very much doubt that it would affect my opinion. My only issue with this movie was that some of the fight scenes were difficult to follow. Both due to shaky cam and some confusiong coreography (spelling?).

Not an issue exactly, but I feal as though they glossed over the Winter Soldier quite a bit. He was important to the movie, but in a less significant way than I was expecting given the title of the movie. Instead of being a big feature to this movie, he fealt like more of a set-up for things to come. Not a bad thing, just not nearly as much focus as I was expecting. The whole connection with the Russians was basically skipped, though I guess they could cover that in a Winter Soldier movie?

I'm not exactly sure how to put this to words, but I now think I know why Marvel has been succeeding where WB/DC have not. The people behind the Marvel movies have been taking the world as it is and fitting their characters and the things that come with them into it. Warner Brothers has been taking their characters and trying to rebuild the world around them, skewing everything to a Dark Knight shade of gritty darkness. Well, that's at least how I see it now. I've still been enjoying the DC movies, but... even I'm getting a little sick of the "it works for Batman, so it'll work for everyone else" mentality they seem to have adopted.

Edit: Both CA movies have been, imho, the best of the Marvel movies so far. I also think that CA is probably my favorite Marvel character now.

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About 3 more hours until showtime! I've managed to see minimal footage (maybe the 2 full length trailers is all) so most of it will be new! However I haven't managed to avoid broad spoilers (where there's enough info where I can figure the specific stuff out myself). That's ok, I guess. It's what happens when I can't help but read info about the movie online.

6. Dolza_Khyron

lol it is going to so help to of NOT seen too many of the trailers and other things. as they have been spoiling the hell out of this movie in everything from SHIELD, to commercials, everywhere.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Well said. That's how I feel about it too.

Cap is definitely my favorite MCU character now, and he's got the best movies out of the 3 Avengers IMO.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:
    I couldn't be happier that Hail Hydra is trending. It's one of the best thing to come from Capt: TWS.

10. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear in some countries the movie is labeled as simply "The Winter Soldier" without the "Captain America" label. Can anyone confirm?

11. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

Thank god i'm not the only one.

12. Dolza_Khyron

why? it's all the same stupid joke, over and over again. it's probably the worst thing to come from it. it's like the joker's stupid face memes. all over again.

the best thing to come from captain america 2. is captain america 2.

honestly i think the most annoying thing about the internet, is, trending internet memes.

they get old way too fast. and are hardly ever funny. and each time you see it, it just gets more and more annoying.

it might of been funny the first time. but after that, it has been told. and after that, it has stopped being funny.

this is why i don't watch a lot of modern comedies, or animated films. they're all the same joke over and over again.

13. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

Hail Hydra is trending? Huh. Didn't know that.

Anyway, I loved this movie. It was the best movie I've seen in a good long while. The middle credits scene had me vibrating in my seat with excitement.

14. Dolza_Khyron

i don't know if it is trending. but it's spamming all over this thread. lol

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Type in Hail Hydra meme into google image search, it goes on for awhile.

16. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I really want there to be "For Shield" meme or something to go against the Hail Hydra thing.

17. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Just got back from seeing this. Wow, it's not a good comic book movie but just a good movie period. Good action and decent political/spy thriller plot. I really appreciate how Marvel builds on previous films and gives just enough nuggets to future films to keep us coming back for more.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not to get the thread off-topic, but I was wondering if anyone had any CA comics they would recommend to someone who's only real experience with the character has been these movies? Specifically any trades, collections, or graphic novels. I know it's a DC thing to do, but has there been a Captain America Year One sort of thing?
    I can't confirm it, but I'm confident that it's true. Some countries did the same with the first Captain America movie, so it makes sense that they would do the same for the sequel.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    What would you guys say is the standout moment of the film? About to finally see it right now.

20. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

So, did anyone else feel like this movie almost could have been titled "Secret Avengers?"