Can't tell if I'm liking or hating tf5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cybergoth Quickshot, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Cybergoth Quickshot

Cybergoth Quickshot Well-Known Member

So as we all know this movie is going to be a new chapter in the tf film continuity so let's talk on if it is good or bad in this new direction with the start of tf4 so first is character design I can see a lot of good in some , hot rod isn't his colors but he happens to have a vehicle mode that fits him and I like hot rod so I'm glad he is here but I wish his face was abit more..... not bumblebee Optimus looks good sometimes , bad sometimes . I like the look but I will miss the window chest . I am happy to see megatron inspired by his prime incarnation but I hate how he has tusks and though I prefer how barricade looked already he looks good now too along with his police weaponry

2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm waiting. :cool: 

3. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Pretty petty reasons to ignore and/or prejudge a $200,000,000 and/or 2 1/2 hr. installment of your favorite franchise, isn't it?

o_O 

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Don't know how they can hate a film that they haven't seen yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But Megatron has tusks, though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Also, Onslaught has a crane! Fuck this movie!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm feeling like I usually feel.

The making of behind the scenes stuff feels fun like it normally does. I'm expecting the trailers will be really nice because we haven't gotten a bad trailer yet in the series. I expect there will be some really cool visual moments in the movie but overall I will be bitterly disappointed by the movie.

The only real question right now seems to be the overall writing. Paramount assembled a writers room so maybe that means they want something that was better written than the other films. But you don't know if Paramount picked the best ideas the writers had or the worst ideas. Or if Paramount picked all the best ideas how well Bay will translate the script into a movie, because I can't think of a Bay film that felt like they were telling a great story.

• Like Like x 3
  8. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't say as of now, I'll have to wait till the movie comes out! Personally I like how it's going so far. Usually we as fans (most of us) get pretty excited when there's a new movie coming out and sometime overlyexcited which leads to a big disappointment later on. I did enjoy AOE alot, maybe it was because there hadn't been a TF movie for 3 whole years, but yeah I was happy with the path they choose. Something inevitably had to change! Since the creo-ish transformations were something never seen before in the TRANSFORMERS world I found them pretty entartaining and would like to see them again, however the designs of the robots were too sleek and humanoid, transformers should have visible vehicle parts on their bodies! AOE lacked transformers so I think that's a thing that should improve and of course not at last place, BUMBLEBEE NEEDS A FUCKING VOICE (not Mark Ryan)!!!! :D 

I think it's safe to assume there's gonna be the usual disappointment when the movie comes out, with the usual plot holes, but I hope this time there aren't that many!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not saying the movie's not going to be, y'know, bad but how can you even be disappointed anymore? You know exactly what it's going to be, an unfocused sensory attack that at best leaves you apathetic and at worst leaves you with a headache from the shear noise of it all.

But disappointed? I get disappointed in things that have promise, things that I think can be good but fail in my eyes. I don't think I can be disappointed in the TF movies anymore, not after nearly ten years of the same old shit with the occasional "oh hey, lookit that..." to keep me from completley writing them off as a waste of time.

10. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't tell because you haven't seen it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie is currently so shrouded in mystery. The script's under lock and key. If there was ever 'leaks' - the JoBlo scoop is debatable -there was only really paparazzi pics of the set, so even I can't really tell if I think I'll like TLK or not. Every film goes under various stages of evolution up until the final product, including TF. Which in this case, TLK is about to wrap and go into post, the marketing campaign's about to be launched, etc.

So really, no one, not even me, can tell about anything.

• Like Like x 1
  12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Well with Bayformers it's called Experience...?

13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Amen!

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Movies are a bit tricky in that things can sound amazing but not actually amazing when you watch the movie. Other times it will sound like it's going to stink only to find out the movie is actually great. Heck even trailers can be misleading as I hated the trailers for Edge of Tomorrow and enjoyed the movie but on the other hand I loved the Suicide Squad trailers only to find the movie a mess.

But with it being the same studio, the same director, the same producers, and all around same production team I think the safe bet would be to expect more of the same. To me it just feels like Paramount is one of the studios less inclined to big changes or taking big chances. They maybe play it a little too safe and can't keep with the changes that other studios might be making.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    (New writers and new cinematographer, btw.)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Wait for the trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You mean like the thing all these cubes do in the 2011 film Super 8?
    [​IMG]

This I do agree with 100%, though. I'm glad somebody else thinks the titular characters lacking modest amounts of trademark kibble was a mistake that needs to be rectified.

Star Wars Episode 1 pretty much is the epitome of that example. The trailers are basically abridged versions of the film because that's all the action in the film worth giving a damn about.

Well said!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cybergoth Quickshot

Cybergoth Quickshot Well-Known Member

I don't hate it , just wanted to chat

19. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Ok i just want to be clear that my post was sarcasm, it's odd that Onslaught has been given Hook's altmode, but i can't say it's enough to give up on an entire movie though, nor are some tusks. Actually i like tusks, very symbolic of power!

However, i am traditionally a movie critic, so just to keep balance in the universe (and because it's always fun to poke Haz...)

Same hack-ass director though! Boom!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits: