Can't sleep

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I don't know if this ever happened to you, but I can't seem to fall asleep. As I was watching T.V it was around 11:40 pm and I fell asleep on the couch and I woke up again at 5:00 am, I went to bed, I tried to sleep, but I can't sleep. Now it's 6:00 am and I have to be up at 9:15 am, I have some small errands to do before I start work at 12:00 pm, but the thing is I work till 10:00, you think I will be tired all day and will it infect me?

Thanks

2. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that sometimes I have trouble falling asleep because I keep checking the time. You should try covering or hiding your clocks. You seem to be checking the time a lot which keeps you somewhat alert. Well, me anyway, I have a hard time reading digital clocks when I'm half asleep, my left eye doesn't work so well then. Anyway, just stop worrying about it, it's hard to fall asleep when you worry about stuff. Trust me, I have the bags under my eyes to prove it.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a hard time sleeping if the last thing I do before sleep is watching TV or playing on a computer/console. Call me boring but I like tucking myself in with a nice book and a hot cup of tea, maybe with some chilled music. It helps me relax and end the day.

4. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Can't sleep? My brain refuses to shut off for the night at times! It's like a solid stream of energy that's going in a straight line where there are no thoughts or activity going. I've been dealing with this for the past year probably worse lately in the last couple months.

I'd figured I'd watch some Youtube videos tonight to let the brain tire itself out thinking....guess I should stick with a tried and true method and Watch some Star Trek TNG or Voyager that manages to put me asleep at times.

I seem to loose my energy around 6am though in the morning....Glad that I'm self employed otherwise I'd have a hard time keeping a job with this sleeping problem.

5. Christian Prime

Christian Prime SF Ibuki & Makoto Fanboy!

I share that feeling too, though I prefer to listen to some Audiobooks to relax with.

I usualy cannot sleep due to worrying about stuff and it leaves me unable to sleep at night due to amounts of too many things on my mind, it doesn't help that I've got morning shifts on 2 days though. :( 

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Dude sounds like your up for the day, which naturally sucks. Hopefully you're in a position where you can drink some coffee. I wouldn't bother after 6 pm as it will prevent you from sleeping. Best of luck with your work day, I'm sure you'll do fine.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Oh man, you beat me to it!

Anyway, when you wake up earlier than normal, as you did, it's a tad difficult to get back to sleep. I've had that happen to me many times, but then again, I'm lazy, so I get back to sleep pretty easily.

It varies from person to person, I guess.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Nobody mentioned fapping yet? TFW GD, I'm ashamed of you. :p 

I have difficulties sleeping at night sometimes. It's annoying because I can nap throught the day at the drop of a hat, but put me into bed at night and it's far less easy. I often find myselrf wandering the house at night because I can't settle. I think I spent most of this Summer sat out in the garden at night.

Having a fan running right by my bed helps me sleep better. If I don't have one on then it does seem harder to drop off.
    Sometimes I'll watch some telly, read or listen to some music, but that doesn't always work.

The one think I shouldn't ever do is nip online and check the boards, because then I never get to bed.

Sometimes it's better just to get up and start your day early if you can't sleep. Then hopefully by the next night you'll have no trouble kipping because you'll be knackered.

You should lay teetering right on the very edge of your bed. You'll soon drop off... :p