Can't Get Kills W/ Scientists

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by inturnmike, Jul 26, 2010.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    same here lol

2. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I use scientist a lot even though I always go in with guns blazing as well. I've noticed that as I get higher in level the death/kill ratio starts to even out. I've also noticed that even people high numbers of kills also have high number of deaths. Dying a lot is really just part of the game.

3. Prime327

Prime327 Banned

double post because i want to find out if this person is cheating or not.

What is with the scientist Melee attack? i got hit about 5 times the last match and the same scientist hit me and sent me 200 feet across the room, and they did not have that poke thing, are they cheating with a modded xbox?

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I doubt it. I was using the scientist last night (Shockwave chassis) and I meleed someone across an entire room! First time it had happened though, but I wasn't cheating and don't have a modded xbox.

Also, my apologies if it was you that I meleed (my gamertag is Shockwave1701).

EDIT: Most of the time my melee attacks just hit and I die two seconds later.

5. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

Were you a soldier hovering by any chance? I've melee'd hovering soldiers with any class and they seem to go flying, seems like something happens to make the physics go wonky...who knows could happen with other abilities too.

6. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

maybe he hit you with melee and used shockwave? that ability makes you fly across the room.

7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Sometimes the physics are crazy, I've hit people with regular melee attacks and sent them flying across the map.

8. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

OK, I loooove this game! I love the single-player, I love the Co-op (but wish it had local Co-op), and I loooooove Escalation. But if you want to hear me suddenly have a massive case of Tourette's....watch me play that damned MP online game (any version).

I am now a 14-Scout, 11-Scientist, 6-Leader, and 4-Soldier.

Let me tell you..there is nothing more fun than being the first to an overshield as a Soldier, then start blasting the crap out of a shield-less Scout, only to be killed because he hit me twice with a melee while I whirlwinded him. And I really am enjoying becoming the best player to never get kills! I just had a game where I was 2-1 but but SEVEN damned assists! It seems like I can NEVER find an overshield, and everywhere I look....ALL players on the team have one!

I know that is one of the killstreaks, but it feels like it is happening all of the time. And I am getting tired of having to hit someone twice w/ the Null Ray for them to die, and like 5 times with the Battle Pistol, neither guys having Overshields.

Maybe I am just not understanding the concepts? I mean, you hit guys in MW2 ONCE with most sniper rifles and they die.....Grrrr!

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    God the shotgun coupled with the scientist is amazing......

Was just playing a game of conquest as my Radiowave class which I outfited with the Disguise/EMP Shotgun combo that was recommended here. Wow. Talk about badass.

Best kills were clipping the heal of a fleeing scout with a shotgun shell at the last second and ambushing a leader who was camping out at point A with a frag launcher. Punch to the back and two shots later he was a smoking scrap pile.

Looks like Radiowave's gonna be of use this weekend.

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah I tried that combo too! Worked great most of the time (although sometimes people would recognize me) put on Disguise, find a lone enemy, shoot him blank with the shotgun, then run away until Disguise recharges

11. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Drain + Repair ray
    shockwave + PBR

get real twitchy with the mace (melee)

master hit and run

stay with at least one teamate

before charging into combat, survey.....I like to see the sneaky scout hiding out, zoom to him, pop a turret and kill his @$$ !!!

for soldiers, you really won't win, just try to weaken them for one of your teamates to finish.

alternatively, backpedal firing either PBR or shotgun blasts to his head "area"...I've gotten some kills on soldiers this way.

PS
    don't worry so much about Kills as Scientist, but get those points by all the supportive things you can do, including Node control and healing.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the perk helps quite a bit too

13. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Funniest tactic last night, my entire team was Scientist and the other team was all Scientists. Well we all apparently had disguises, and at one point everyone got confused and started shotting everyone! Hilarious match, as everyone kept targeting anyone they saw to check if they were friends or foes.

14. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

lmao

yeah when the target brackets go red, start squeezing off shots....

15. The Constructicon

Taking down a Soldier with a Scientist is easier then you think. Emp shotgun my friend, they don't stand a chance, if your two shots don't finish them off Shockwave them into oblivion and escape.

16. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that in maps like Gorge and Orbital you can make a fast exit out of a bad situation...by jumping off into the void and falling before transforming.

Hell, In Gorge I make a common habit of flying under the platform and then coming up the opposite side to surprise my enemies.

17. The Constructicon

After getting my Jet back to 25 I've started to dominate with it... Got my Nucleon cannon twice in the last game.

18. SentaiRick

SentaiRick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    oh god, I wouldn't have been able to play that one i'd be laughing so hard :)