Cang Toys Thunderking Combiner (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Turingmachine75

Turingmachine75 Mostly kibble

Ooo . . . new name idea . . . Bermuda.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pachanga

Pachanga Well-Known Member

Then it should have been a bear. Like... Bearmuda...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    That was my thought too, though someone else suggested a grizzly bear, which is also a great idea (and more befitting a predator). I do think their execution of the gorilla bot is pretty nice, though. It looks better than any other Primal figure I’ve seen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To be fair, two of the original five Predicons are non predators as well.

Personally, I don't see the problem with them using a gorilla. As a kid, part of what made Motormaster so cool when the Stunticons were first introduced on the show was how similar he was to Optimus.

Besides, that design looks insanely good. As a kid, the Predacons were in the top three of my favorite TFs...up there with the Dinobots and Constructicons. It just sucks that nobody has put out a great version of them that makes me want to buy. While, I love the take on these guys, they were just different enough to give me pause in going in on a set.

Oddly enough, the design of the gorilla is what got me off the fence. While he's not part of the original group that I'm used to, the renders look so good it's convinced me to start grabbing the set.

If they ever decided to do a weathered version of these guys, my head would explode.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

Where did he state he was getting angry?

6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Yeah, I myself have dismissed the “predator” argument before, given that my two favorites from the original G1 team have herbivore alts. Regardless, a bear does seem to be a better fit… as does an elephant.

But I agree, this render looks damned good. I already have two of the three that are available and had fully intended to pass on the gorilla, until I saw it. Now I’m reconsidering.

I’d be all over a weathered set!

7. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

I decided to part from my Ferocious, Landbull and Firmament because I don't like how the set is shaping up. If anyone is interested in buying, feel free to PM me, but keep in mind for shipping that I live in the Netherlands.

8. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

It probably wouldn't have been a thing if they made his head look more like Ape Face's or Soundwave's instead of that very Optimus Prime-looking head.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Maxxion

Maxxion Well-Known Member

Much as I love how good his body looks (Gundam-esque trimming and obvious crotch-joke here), that's what is really throwing me for a loop. It is DEAD ON an Optimus sculpt, and I would have much preferred some level of variation to it. Or honestly, a different headsculpt all-together, because to me that style doesn't carry the same feel as the rest of the Predacons.

But let's be real...I'm an absolute SUCKER for combiners and after handling Ferocious for a while I'm in this set for the longhaul, budget allowing. His head could be a literal brick and I'd probably still buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I couldn't agree more. The head sculpt is well-done if this is supposed to represent Primal, but it's completely inappropriate for the 6th Predacon. I sincerely hope they completely revise it (just the head!) before it goes into production.

11. User_121147

User_121147 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks a lot like the movieverse concept art with the head crest. Which I'm good with that.
    Screenshot_20210817-214526_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210817-214621_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    From the beginning we all thought the combiner would be a 5 member team, pantsforming assumed. Then we learned about monkeypants a short time later. Like I said just pretend it's nemesis primal. If not don't display it with the others. Why do ppl try to shove what they "have" to have down others throats on these boards? I really wanted to want potp predaking. It was too boxy for me so I didn't get it.
    The 6th member looks fine. But if I didn't like the bot mode I have 2 other configurations to put him in:cool: 

• Like Like x 7
  13. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Mines is going to be Grand(monkey)Scourge
    Would love to see a digbash In these colors
    8A551B99-AB97-482F-95F7-41F983C423A5.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Gokai Tahu

Gokai Tahu Emotionally compromised

People keep saying the head is dead on for an Optimus head, but I feel like the angles are way more aggressive than most Optimus heads. To me he looks more in line with the head on Ferocious than anything else, but maybe I'm crazy

• Like Like x 6
  15. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I've found that closing your mouth is effective at keeping stuff out of your throat.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's a fan board-- what do you expect? People voice their opinions, and when a preliminary design is thrown out there, it's just begging for criticism. Personally, I friggin' hate Optimus Primal as a character, but regardless, I have difficulty accepting his affiliation with the Predacons. Gorilla or not, it's a strange combo.

If I were Cang, this would be an easy decision: I'd issue the figure first in Predacon deco with a Predacon-inspired head sculpt. Then a few months later, I'd release a Primal deco with the Primal head. Fans of this set who like OP would almost certainly double dip, and everyone would be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    No I agree. They definitely started with an optimus head, and then cang toys it up enough that you get the design homage but its different enough to be its own thing.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 9
  18. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    When this was first revealed I almost thought he was a new small team member that could attach to the combined mode

• Like Like x 4
  19. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Wow. So u close your mouth but stay bent over with your pants around your ankles? "Sorry, couldn't resist." You done?

My last post wasn't directly aimed at you.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I never assumed I was your target. My point— however sarcastically delivered— was that if you don’t like hearing other people’s opinions, then don’t read them. Just skip over them and move on. No one’s trying to change your mind. People are simply sharing their thoughts about preliminary designs that are fair game for critique. If a company has no interest in gauging the impressions of potential customers, then why would they offer sneak peeks at all?

• Like Like x 2