Cang Toys Thunderking Combiner (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

If it is true that they are going back to the drawing board, I can only be happy about this. That CGI concept image they released looked almost nothing like Razorclaw, except that it also happened to turn into a lion. I am not a slave to the G1 designs, but with Cang Toys depending on the source material and its respective fans to sell their figures, they better not deviate too much.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RZ500

RZ500 Overload enthusiast

It's not actually going to be Primal, is it? I was under the impression he was just a euphemism for an unnamed munky man.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Little Dutch

It is supposedly going to be a Primal in Predacon colors. Headsculpt and all. Though that could be changed, you never know. Personally I just want it to be a pants former so that I don't need to pay another $150,- for a figure that has zero purpose beyond being a Predaking crotch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Personally, I just wouldn't want it to be "Primal-like"-- I don't even think a gorilla is fitting for the group, period. I realize with the rhino and bull herbivores present, the whole "predator" theme is shot to hell anyway, but I would prefer almost anything over a gorilla. An elephant, maybe, with heavy mammoth stylistic leanings?

As for figure vs. pants, I'd rather see a figure. I think 6-member combiners make more sense than 5. I despise parts-forming.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Sixth member could have been a bear. Plenty to work with, plus you can make the "bear bottom" joke.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Little Dutch

Gorilla's are omnivores, and you wouldn't want to mess with one in real life, so I actually get why they picked Primal. The problem is that Primal is a heroic Maximal, one of the good guys, so to see him with the Predacons is a bit odd. If it was some other evil monkey character, I'd be down with it.

Combiners are partsformers by definition (ever since G1) so to me that is the way to go. Especially considering how much more stable and better proportioned the pantsformers are. My Zeta Superion can do a high kick pose, the MMC Bruticus falls over because it can't support its own weight due to the weak Onslaught ratchets. But I can also see why you would be opposed to partsforming, since in the cartoon all the parts just appear from the bots.

I getcha, but I don't agree with ya. ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  7. voodazzed

voodazzed Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nemesis Primal? lol

8. blurr95

blurr95 Team Monkey Pants

I don’t think Cang has ever said the monkey pants were going to be called Primal. I think that has all been speculation around here. Someone correct me if I’m wrong please.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Little Dutch

An orange, red and black Nemesis Primal... Sounds more like Fabulous Primal.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Little Dutch

Toyworld released chibii style art of all the Predacons before the first one was released by Cang Toys (who are either Toyworld under a new name or bought the designs from Toyworld) Optimus Primal was one of them, or least a robot who's back of his head looks exactly like the back of Primal's head, including the blue colour.

Then again they can just release an exact copy (with Predacon colours) of Primal and claim it's a new and original character. At this point it may as well be a made up character like the MMC Eris.

Attached Files:

11. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Unrelenting force of nature

You are bang on. Nobody knows the name yet.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    The bear idea is a great one!

Full disclosure: I don’t really like combiners in general, so I’m rather biased against the concept. However, when executed, I think the gestalt robot should ideally be formed without extraneous parts. I’m buying the Cang Predacons on a one-by-one basis, judging them solely on their individual merits. I own the bull and the tiger but passed on the bird, and if early prototype images are accurate, I doubt I’ll get the lion. I’m anxiously awaiting a sneek peak at the rhino. I won’t buy a gorilla regardless what it looks like.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Little Dutch

For me combiners are the focus of my collection, and an absolute favourite among all the characters. I find them immensely fascinating, so for me the combined form is always the priority, hence, I am a big proponent for pantsforming because that gives the best results for the gestalt.

I just hope that the Cangtoys Predaking ape or bear crotch will hold up. :D 

• Like Like x 8
  14. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

I really had hoped Cang Toys would be more regular with updates, being halfway through feels like having only 1 left. I just wanna see it already not play with it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

They havent.

And so far nothing on my shelf looks anything like that artwork, plus they've changed companies since then. Sure, it could be Optimus Primal, but I'm not betting on it at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Little Dutch

I do know they have confirmed that the sixth member will be an ape. Whether or not it will be a Primal lookalike is irrelevant to me personally. I am just hoping it will be a solid Predaking.

17. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

I'm on the fence whether I'll even get the ape. I'm more concerned with individual Predacons, so I'm completely up in the air on that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Turingmachine75

Turingmachine75 Mostly kibble

TEAM MONKEY PANTS MAYBE POSSIBLY I’M NOT SURE

• Like Like x 4
  19. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I sold my bots a few months ago, but I'm still following the set.

I'd like the pants to be named Trukk

• Like Like x 2
  20. RZ500

RZ500 Overload enthusiast

Same here. I didn't grow up with G1 in the same way a lot of people here did, so I'm in on the toys more for the "cool robot" aspect than trying to represent particular characters from Transformers history. Something about combiner teams doubly works for me—you've got a squad of specialized, transforming giant robots that are each powerful in their own right, but then they can merge into an even BIGGER giant robot for heavy conflict? Sign me up!

It's for the same reason that I'm not just okay with, but actually looking forward to Mr. Baboon Boxers as another member of the Predacons. Assuming the designers at Cang Toys are competent enough to make Predaking work, the more robots in the gestalt, the more interesting it is to me, in addition to rounding out the team.

• Like Like x 8