Cang Toys Thunderking Combiner (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, then don't buy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I know... Also not really needing another Predaking.
    I see on the first post combined mode is 50cm. Do we know individual figure heights? Might be enough to sway me if they're a size I like.

3. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Good luck waiting for fanstoys

• Like Like x 3
  4. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

I mean that approach is working just fine for Fans Hobby
    Zeta's Predaking is more your speed most likely

5. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

See, this is why I love ToyWorld. They are daring enough to do something different. Something unique.
    Animation accuracy is boring as hell. I love the toon but that's a toon. This is a toy, and I like toys. I like cool toys. These are cool toys.
    The Revoltgair tiger beast mode is especially rad. Robot mode is ok but man I love that robo tiger. Fury looks pretty cool too and a more solid robot mode, but I am all about that robo tiger. I seldom feel the need to complete combiners, the only Pred I have now is MMC Bovis, which I really like as a stand alone figure, but it was the only one I really loved or bought.

• Like Like x 14
  6. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I would've loved them if they were MP, but yeah, no room for this set in my collection or wallet otherwise

7. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    It's also getting really old. Cartoon accuracy has been demanded for decades. Constantly! The entire time. And they never stop. Even when they get their toon accurate character they still bitch about it on the next release. They made classics coneheads, then they made masterpiece coneheads, 3rd party made coneheads etc. Every single release of Dirge Thrust & Ramjet has to be a fucking goofy looking conehead. And the only way to get a toy accurate version is to customize it yourself. Which is total bullshit because the companies can easily pack both heads with it so you can swap them out. Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Tracks, Trailbreaker & a ton of others should always come with 2 heads. It should be an automatic thing. An extra head shouldn't push the price up.

• Like Like x 8
  8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So what are those pics of the goofy tattooed hula skirt wearing ones all about?

9. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Love how they capture that Zoids style in the alt modes. I'm personally burnt out on toon accuracy so I'm into this.
    Best part of these figures, by far? The hands being turned into a crab! At least they have a purpose.

• Like Like x 4
  10. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offense, dude, but this IS Transformers. This is the line that shovels repaints and minor retools down the pike like no other. The idea that companies wouldn't take advantage of that mentality and try and sell a cartoon accurate toy and then a toy accurate toy which is the same as the first toy with minor changes in mold and color is silly. There's no "automatic" anything in this game because of how ridiculous we are as a customer base.

Again, there were /pages/ of discussion of what shade of pink MMC Azalea's face was, and what her lipstick application looked like. There's been pages upon pages of what FT Tesla's face looked like and how it was "terrible" despite the fact that Perceptor's face in the show was a gray slab with two blue parallelograms on it.

There will always been a market for Character, and then Character+. The trick for the manufacturer is finding how big that Character+ market is and what they want so they can add a few stickers and an extra color on their figure and make all the money all over again. Look at all the toon repaints coming out for MP, or the Isemenios, Carnifex and Tyrantron expansion kit produced by the original manufacturers. There's money to be had in releasing a new figure or parts on a big markup.

Adding a toy accurate head or whatever as an automatic bonus is wholly illogical for a company and a complete waste of potential profits. I mean, I don't necessarily like it either, but I'd be hard pressed to say I wouldn't do the same if I were them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Uh, I wouldn't care if these were CHUG or Legends scaled. In that case the stylized looks wouldn't matter so much. Even POTP Predaking takes liberties with their original looks.

It's that this is MASTERPIECE-scaled. I don't want Zoids wannabes with random tech detailing in a Masterpiece collection. I want something that looks like it jumped off the Sunbow animation cels.

Crikey. If I was pedantic about G1 accuracy, I'd never buy an Optimus that didn't look EXACTLY like the original Peter Cullen version.

Settle down kiddos

12. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    at first I thought...more Predacons again?

but those crab fists look really cool...nice idea

the sabretoothed Rampage made me think more of Catilla though...

• Like Like x 1
  13. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

We all know this ist suppose to be G1 accurate whatsoever so why do some ppl still come here and trash it? I swear if this was G1 then probably the same folks would complain about "Oh great,now we have 2 versions of Predacons/Kings that are G1."
    Like seriously Some of you folks have nothing else better to do than Complain on something you have ZERO INTEREST .? Lol

• Like Like x 6
  15. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

These are looking good, definitely getting a TFC Seacons vibe from them.
    I don't have any MP Predacons so these might do the trick.
    Definitely gonna wait to see them all in colour first though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    And my counterpoint:

I don't WANT toon-accurate, I want detailed sculpts worthy of a $100 21st-century figure.

Hard interest. Takara's obsession with obliterating sculpted details on MP-scaled toys is off-putting, because that's not what many people are looking for. Their Inferno was one of the worst examples of this.

• Like Like x 13
  17. axisvega

axisvega Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Loving the Zoids "wannabe" aesthetic. I'm in for a set, if I can work it into the ol' budget.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

Wow, not-Tantrum looks amazing. I think I’ll be buying him even if the others aren’t up to scratch 

19. cooler36

cooler36 ...

Toyworld-TW-C09-Fury-04.jpg Toyworld-TW-C09-Fury-02.jpg

• Like Like x 32
  20. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3